[Official] Glee 2.02 Discussion

General discussion for 'Glee'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

Re: [Official] Glee 2.02 Discussion

Postby DharmaLager on Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:57 am

I don't think anyone who likes this show, such as myself, is debating the issue of the music. They've done a great job and I want the show to succeed. But I'm someone who wants a good story and Glee lacks consistency from a storyline perspective. Characters can't take 1 step forward and 5 steps backwards every episode. Rachel hasn't shown that she's grown a little nearly enough. Artie should not be playing football.

And the introduction to the Brit songs? Awful IMO. They could have found a much more creative way if they tried.
DharmaLager
Show Expert

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby Joshua on Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:23 am

Agreed with DL here. Intoxicating students (Santana was just ridiculous) to give them a Britney hallucination? Come off it! That was poor.

At least the Madonna-songs were relevant (mostly) to the episode. Dentist hallucinations = possibly the most uncreative way of introducing the numbers, aside from them just being in the ep with no explanation.

The Artie thing IS stupid. The Jacob thing is cringeworthy on a whole new level. The whole episode was awful IMO, but I am glad you liked it :)
Joshua
Forum Moderator

Postby DharmaLager on Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:18 pm

PenguinJosh wrote:
The Artie thing IS stupid. The Jacob thing is cringeworthy on a whole new level. The whole episode was awful IMO, but I am glad you liked it :)

The Artie thing really annoys me. I'm not saying it needs to be super realistic, but it needs to be believable. I refuse to accept it as believable that someone in a wheelchair would be allowed to participate on a football team. This isn't being discriminatory...it simply doesn't happen because no league would allow it.

I'm hoping tonight's episode can redeem this forgettable one (which did have great dance numbers mind you...they could have used those dance moves at Regionals).
DharmaLager
Show Expert

Previous

Return to Glee Discussion [No Spoilers!]