[Official]Glee 2.06 Discussion

General discussion for 'Glee'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

[Official]Glee 2.06 Discussion

Postby CJ Sonic on Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:06 pm

Episode: 2.06
Episode Name: "Never Been Kissed"

After Finn and Sam find an unconventional way of controlling their urges, a few glee club members pick up on the strategy and start using it too. But when Coach Beiste gets wind of what they are up to, the glee club has some explaining to do in the all-new “Never Been Kissed” episode of GLEE airing Tuesday, Nov. 9 (8:00-9:01 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (GLE-206) (TV-14 D, L, S)

Network: FOX
Air Time: 8pm

Discuss this episode here

Sorry its late guys

Shows I Watch (in no order): Fringe, Supernatural, Smallville, HIMYM, Big Bang Theory, White Collar, Glee, V, The Office, Doctor Who, Chuck, Castle, Cougar Town, Psych, True Blood, Being Human, Misfits, Modern Family, Suits, Firefly, Scrubs, Falling Skies, Game of Thrones
CJ Sonic
Forum Moderator

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: [Official]Glee 2.06 Discussion

Postby Joshua on Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:45 pm

Fewer songs = better episodes usually. I found that when going back to S1. And this was a pretty good ep.

My only issue is how Glee has become The Kurt Show.
Joshua
Forum Moderator

Postby theotherslover on Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:14 am

This was my favorite so far.

I love Blaine.

Gonna rewatch it tomorrow since I have off. More thoughts then.
ImageImage
theotherslover
Show Expert

Postby DharmaLager on Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:14 pm

PenguinJosh wrote:
My only issue is how Glee has become The Kurt Show.

This...is exactly what I've been thinking. Mind you, the whole thinking of Beast thing wasn't needed, it kind of disturbed me...ok, it disturbed me greatly.

Still, Kurt is an interesting character and while I don't want the Finn/Rachel show, I don't want all Kurt. I find his character to be very hypocritical and he kind of irritates me in that way. He doesn't want to be judged (nor does any person deserve to be), yet he does it all the damn time.
DharmaLager
Show Expert

Postby Joshua on Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:18 pm

Yeah, the Beiste thing was weird, and the Will kiss was all kinds of crazy cringe. But it was fairly amusing.

Yeah, I really don't like Kurt.
Joshua
Forum Moderator

Postby theotherslover on Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:13 pm

Beiste was very weird.

The Girl mash up was good. Don't really picture "Living on a Prayer" being a seductive song, like they did it.

I want a confetti cannon now.

I don't mind Kurt. I'd rather have more him than just songs. He actually has some development going on when Rachel/Finn have been stagnant lately.
ImageImage
theotherslover
Show Expert

Postby DharmaLager on Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:01 pm

theotherslover wrote:Beiste was very weird.

The Girl mash up was good. Don't really picture "Living on a Prayer" being a seductive song, like they did it.

I want a confetti cannon now.

I don't mind Kurt. I'd rather have more him than just songs. He actually has some development going on when Rachel/Finn have been stagnant lately.

Not to discredit the writers, but I'm alright with less Rachel/Finn lately...the only angle they seem to know with them is how to break them up and put them back together.
DharmaLager
Show Expert

Postby Joshua on Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:38 pm

It was nice to see Finn and Rachel working together in the Duets ep though :)

The writers are out of character ideas - the only one left to develop is Kurt. So we get too much of him.

They could've brought Sam with an interesting back story, but all he seems to do is give Quinn someone to be with. And we lost Sunshine after 1 ep.
Joshua
Forum Moderator

Postby SmokeyD on Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:55 am

PenguinJosh wrote:It was nice to see Finn and Rachel working together in the Duets ep though :)

The writers are out of character ideas - the only one left to develop is Kurt. So we get too much of him.

They could've brought Sam with an interesting back story, but all he seems to do is give Quinn someone to be with. And we lost Sunshine after 1 ep.

Finally had the chance to watch, But I hafta agree and disagree (Not with PG, but with some earlier posts...) at the same time... I was not that impressed overall with the ep. But I agree at 'All Kurt... All the time... = TOO MUCH...'

As a straight 41 year old man, I have no problem with Kurt in general, but if he is soooo against the negative stereotypes then stop playing into to them. Some of the biggest stereotypes of gays are usually about being 'catty', and the character overplays it (IMHO)...

Not enough songs, and the boys performance left with me with a solid "WTF"?!?!?! But, I will also add that any story that can get Brit in that much black leather/latex cannot be all bad!!! :wub:

And... PG... Good call on Sunshine!!! :thumbup: , what happened to her??? There was so much TPTB could do with her, and then they would not have to club us to death with KURT... KURT... and More KURT!!!

I understand developing a character, but TPTB are now beating a dead horse here. Give the 'Kurt' topic a break. I think that the writers see him more as ratings/topical/contraversial figure and I am worried the will continue to poke this topic...
SmokeyD
Show Expert

Postby supermodel on Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:11 am

I don't have a problem with Kurt. I love his storylines because he is one of the few characters who is well-developed. And that's why they are focusing on him too much, because the other characters are so one-dimensional. Kurt of the only kid who has real problems and a real relationship with an adult, his dad; most of the other characters don't even have visible parents. Puck is underused, Brittany and Santana are just comic relief, Artie is becoming ridiculous (he's on the football team? really?) and Rachel has become so unlikeable that I can't stand her anymore. They are all caricatures. I wish the writers would take some of the effort they've put into Kurt and start to develop the other kids too.

Although I have to say the show is much better when it focuses on the kids, the adult storylines this season have been disastrous. I pray each week that Will Scheuster will not appear on my screen.

OK, so about this episode. Bad bad bad. Kurt's visit to Dalton was cute, it was ridiculous but I thought it was sort of more like Kurt's dream impression of the place rather than what it might rally be like. Don't like Blaine, at least not yet. There's no there there.

I get that it is possible some violent homophobes could be overcompensating for their own homosexuality. I don't believe that someone who has so repressed his own sexuality would just up and kiss Kurt out of the blue.

But the Bieste storyline was ten thousand times worse. I wanted to punch Will. He tells the kids "Bieste can never know" and then ten seconds later he is spilling his guts, he didn't even try to sugar coat it to spare her feelings. And then he gives her a pity kiss. I immediately thought of Kurt's earlier statement: "I've never been kissed, at least not when it counted." Guess what Will, a pity kiss doesn't count, you condescending jerk!
supermodel
Show Expert

Return to Glee Discussion [No Spoilers!]