[Official] Glee Episode 2.13 Discussion

General discussion for 'Glee'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

[Official] Glee Episode 2.13 Discussion

Postby CJ Sonic on Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:59 pm

Episode: 2.13
Episode Name: "Comeback"

RACHEL REINVENTS HERSELF ON AN ALL-NEW "GLEE" TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 15, ON FOX

Rachel tries to launch a comeback into the McKinley High social stratosphere with a little help from Brittany. Meanwhile, Sam starts a tribute band in the "Comeback" episode of GLEE airing Tuesday, Feb. 15 (8:00-9:01 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (GLE-213) (TV-14 D, L, S)

Cast: Matthew Morrison as Will Schuester; Jessalyn Gilsig as Terri Schuester; Jane Lynch as Sue Sylvester; Lea Michele as Rachel Berry; Cory Monteith as Finn Hudson; Jayma Mays as Emma Pillsbury; Dianna Agron as Quinn; Chris Colfer as Kurt; Kevin McHale as Artie; Amber Riley as Mercedes; Mark Salling as Puck; Jenna Ushkowitz as Tina; Naya Rivera as Santana Lopez; Heather Morris as Brittany S. Pierce; Mike O'Malley as Burt Hummel

Guest Cast: Harry Shum as Mike Chang; Chord Overstreet as Sam Evans; Dot Marie Jones as Coach Beiste; Max Adler as Karofsky; Darren Criss as Blaine; James Earl as Azimio; Ashley Fink as Lauren Zizes

Discuss this episode here.

Shows I Watch (in no order): Fringe, Supernatural, Smallville, HIMYM, Big Bang Theory, White Collar, Glee, V, The Office, Doctor Who, Chuck, Castle, Cougar Town, Psych, True Blood, Being Human, Misfits, Modern Family, Suits, Firefly, Scrubs, Falling Skies, Game of Thrones
CJ Sonic
Forum Moderator

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: [Official] Glee Episode 2.12 Discussion

Postby SmokeyD on Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:29 am

Justin Frackin' Bieber?!?!?!?!?! :S :cursing:

WTF Was that??? I actually had to change channels 10 minutes in... That was horrible. :thumbsdown:

And Fox is gonna cancel Fringe while they will let this smoking piece of dung for an episode on the air??? :censored:

I usually like Glee... even following it, but C'mon already!!!

And, I am really getting tired of Sue throwing kids (especially girls) into lockers. I know the show is supposed to be a farce and all, but TPTB need to really lay off the child beating for an episode or two...
SmokeyD
Show Expert

Re: [Official] Glee Episode 2.13 Discussion

Postby Joshua on Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:38 pm

Justin. Gleeber. :cursing:

When there were rumours there was a Bieber episode in the works, I wanted to throw up. But then they said there was only 1 Bieber song. I still wanted to throw up. And then there were 2?!?! I threw up. Metaphorically.

I liked seeing Sue's reaction in the children's ward, though even that was overly dramatic with the sadness, him singing to them. *shrug*

I liked the diva-off at least :) And seeing Sue in her S&M outfit?? And tartan tracksuit? :lol:
Joshua
Forum Moderator

Postby DestinyFound on Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:25 am

Horrible episode!

Ruined my Tuesday to by honest... Not only b/c of Bieber though
I am getting sick of relatioships
It is so shallow to continue to focus on the petty relationship of Finn/Rachel/Sam/Quinn/Artie/Brit/Sant/Mike/Tina/Lauren/Puck/Will/Emma/Carl . . . am I missing anyone? MERCEDES! Thank you for being the voice of reason

The diva-off was the highlight, no doubt

IT WAS AN EFFING ANTHEM EPISODE
it should be epic, beyond EPIC

who ever things "Baby" or "Somebody to Love" is an anthem seriously needs to do some thinking.
Show Expert for Glee and The Office
DestinyFound
Show Expert

Postby SmokeyD on Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:56 am

DestinyFound wrote:IT WAS AN EFFING ANTHEM EPISODE
it should be epic, beyond EPIC

I really expected to get panned for my opinion, but I am pleased to see that I was not alone here. And I agree with DF... And anthem to me is something (or some song) that defines a generation, event, or sub culture. (I.E. Brick in the Wall, Stairway to Heaven, My Generation, Back in Black... etc..etc..)

An 'Anthem' song IMHO is something that even if you don't like it, you recognize it and possibly even respect it on some level. But Justin B???

Sorry, but you need to be around for at least a generation before you can claim that you are defining one...

But, trying to sell us that ANY 16-17 year old guys... anywhere.. in these United States would try to come across as Justin B. wanna-bee's is just too much for me.

And, I also agree that TPTB seeming attempt to bring Quinn/Finn back together... along with Santana & Sam is just too darn much...

This is officially my least favorite ep... ever :help: The only thing Epic here was FAIL...
SmokeyD
Show Expert

Postby Joshua on Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:27 pm

Agreed with both of you.

There's a reason the super bowl episode was so good - because there was that camaraderie between all of the group... when they're all having petty squabbles (Finn is just totally ridiculous) it's less enjoyable.

And yes, none of the songs were anthems, least of all Bieber :glare: I hadn't even heard of "Sing" before. Nor the duo, but I've not seen Rent and I did really enjoy the diva off actually.
Joshua
Forum Moderator

Postby DharmaLager on Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:20 pm

Honestly, I thought Glee was going in the right direction...Santana is starting to really irritate me. You would think no longer being a member of the cheerleaders, she'd want to make Glee a success....at least part of me wants to think that.

The whole we love each other, we hate each other angle between characters on this show has been going on for two years...I'm not enjoying it anymore. I agree that the comradaree is what made the Super Bowl episode so good. Moments like Rachel and Mercedes really doing up their song and enjoying it are ones I like...

Also, I cannot stand anything Justin Bieber...so by default, I hated the two songs that were his.
DharmaLager
Show Expert

Postby NK-Metal on Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:08 pm

It's an abomination that a MCR song was featured in a somewhat Bieber-ish episode.

MCR = awesome
Bieber=not
Lost is the best :D I also love Game of Thrones, American Horror Story, The Walking Dead, Once Upon A Time, Dexter, Misfits, Glee, Prison Break, Fringe, Breaking Bad and others :D

click for Lost quizzes!
http://www.sporcle.com/user/Jorss1/contributed
NK-Metal
Stunt Double

Return to Glee Discussion [No Spoilers!]