[Official] Glee Episode 2.16 Discussion

General discussion for 'Glee'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

[Official] Glee Episode 2.16 Discussion

Postby PandaVamp on Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:02 am

Episode: 2.16
Episode Name: "Original Song"

NEW DIRECTIONS HEADS TO REGIONALS ON AN ALL-NEW “GLEE”

TUESDAY, MARCH 15, ON FOX

Kathy Griffin (“My Life on the D-List”) and Loretta Devine (“For Colored Girls”)

Make Special Guest Star Appearances

With Sue Sylvester coaching Aural Intensity, Blaine and the Warblers’ dynamic set list and tough judges Tammy Jean Albertson (guest star Griffin) and Sister Mary Constance (guest star Devine), the kids of New Directions decide the only way to win Regionals is to write and perform their own original songs. Meanwhile, Quinn is hell-bent on getting Finn back and ruling McKinley once again in the all-new “Original Song” episode of GLEE airing Tuesday, March 15 (8:00-9:01 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (GLE-216) (TV-14 D, L, S)

Cast: Matthew Morrison as Will Schuester; Jessalyn Gilsig as Terri Schuester; Jane Lynch as Sue Sylvester; Lea Michele as Rachel Berry; Cory Monteith as Finn Hudson; Jayma Mays as Emma Pillsbury; Dianna Agron as Quinn; Chris Colfer as Kurt; Kevin McHale as Artie; Amber Riley as Mercedes; Mark Salling as Puck; Jenna Ushkowitz as Tina; Naya Rivera as Santana Lopez; Heather Morris as Brittany S. Pierce; Mike O’Malley as Burt Hummel

Guest Cast: Kathy Griffin as Tammy Jean Albertson; Loretta Devine as Sister Mary Constance; Harry Shum as Mike Chang; Chord Overstreet as Sam Evans; Darren Criss as Blaine; Ashley Fink as Lauren Zizes

Source: Fox

Taken from: SpoilerTV http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/03/glee-e ... z1GigBXfzu

Discuss this episode here.

You have to invite me in.
PandaVamp
Senior Moderator

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: [Official] Glee Episode 2.16 Discussion

Postby Joshua on Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:13 pm

Much like most of Season 2, this episode was just "Ok". Nothing special, tbh. I liked the amount of songs for this episode, but seriously, more Rachel-Finn-Quinn love triangle crap? :roll: :huh:

Also there was never any doubt that New Directions were going to win. And far too much Kurt - really don't like his voice.

I did love the Wicked poster in the judges room though. And Loretta Devine!

On a non-episode related note, why is Terri still listed as "Starring"? Seriously? She's been in what, two episodes? Also Mike Chang is only a guest star? O.o
Joshua
Forum Moderator

Postby Notice on Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:45 pm

I loved the episode :)

Trouty Mouth :rofl: And I love that Britanny's favourite song is My Headband :lol:
Sue literally throwing sticks at Mercedes :lol:

Love the original songs, "Hell to the No" was good, "Get it Right" was amazing (thanks Lea! :wub: )!
"Loser Like Me" reminded me a bit of High School Musical but it was also amazing!

So, New Directions will compete against Vocal Adrenaline at Nationals, right?
It doesn't matter who we were... It only matters who we are.

Life sucks, and then you die. And then it still sucks.
Notice
Star Billing

Postby Joshua on Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:37 pm

Notice wrote:So, New Directions will compete against Vocal Adrenaline at Nationals, right?

Yup. With Sunshine Corazon at the helm!
Joshua
Forum Moderator

Postby DharmaLager on Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:06 pm

Joshua wrote:Much like most of Season 2, this episode was just "Ok". Nothing special, tbh. I liked the amount of songs for this episode, but seriously, more Rachel-Finn-Quinn love triangle crap? :roll: :huh:

Also there was never any doubt that New Directions were going to win. And far too much Kurt - really don't like his voice.

I did love the Wicked poster in the judges room though. And Loretta Devine!

On a non-episode related note, why is Terri still listed as "Starring"? Seriously? She's been in what, two episodes? Also Mike Chang is only a guest star? O.o

The thing that irked me (and I did enjoy the episode) is I wanted to feel a rush when they won...I didn't. It just seemed like, oh, well, that's not surprising. Maybe that's intended to create this "we rock" attitude before a reality check at Nationals, but...as a viewer, I wanted to really love the moment.
DharmaLager
Show Expert

Postby SLJCOAAATR on Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:04 pm

Exactly; I just didn't feel the joy in New Directions winning.
It was like "Meh, saw that coming."
The whole episode as a whole was predictable and hardly enjoyable. It had its moments, but for the most part, it just continued the recent downward spiral.

Overall
- Apparently, too much Kurt is a bad thing.
- We need more Sue and Mercedes.
- I still don't like Sam.
- The Gleeks aren't too good at writing their own songs, save for the two at Regionals.
- I still don't get why Burt and Terri are part of the main cast...
- We need more Mike, Tina, and Artie...
- Sue and her team needed a bit of development.
- Guest stars continue the trend of being annoying.
- The Warblers are too good.
- Glad Kurt and Blaine finally hooked up! ^___^
Leave it as SLJ or Pancakes.
SLJCOAAATR
Supporting Actor

Postby Joshua on Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:26 pm

Agreed, SLJ, I'd really like to see more Sue and Mercedes hasn't had a storyline this season at all.
Joshua
Forum Moderator

Postby SLJCOAAATR on Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:34 pm

Specifically, the two of them together. The two always make some good humor. I'd appreciate an episode where they're forced to work together again.
Leave it as SLJ or Pancakes.
SLJCOAAATR
Supporting Actor

Postby Joshua on Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:41 pm

SLJCOAAATR wrote:Specifically, the two of them together. The two always make some good humor. I'd appreciate an episode where they're forced to work together again.

Agreed. The stick throwing was hilarious :lol:

Also two other things that bugged me --

Should there not have been 4 groups competing, seeing as both New Directions and The Warblers came from one sectionals? It wouldn't have just been New Directions vs. Aural Intensity I assume.

And Kurt saying, really late into a song, "Omg they're doing original songs" ... err, he already knew that since they were discussing it in a previous episode :roll: :roll: :roll:
Joshua
Forum Moderator

Postby DharmaLager on Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:48 am

Fair enough, I did love the stick throwing moment. I did find Sue punching the woman in the face at the end to kind of come out of nowhere and then it just seemed to be ignored (and likely forgotten by the time the show returns).
DharmaLager
Show Expert

Return to Glee Discussion [No Spoilers!]