[Official] Glee Episode 2.17 Discussion

General discussion for 'Glee'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

[Official] Glee Episode 2.17 Discussion

Postby Joshua on Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:43 am

Episode: 2.17
Episode Name: "Night Of Neglect"

Discuss this episode here.

THE GLEE CLUB HELPS OUT ANOTHER CLUB ON AN ALL-NEW “GLEE” TUESDAY, APRIL 19, ON FOX

Gwyneth Paltrow, Cheyenne Jackson and Charice Guest-Star

Proving that birds of a feather flock together, when another under-the-radar club at McKinley High needs helps raising funds, the glee club signs up to help. But when Sue hears about the show of support, she moves quickly to put the kibosh on it. Meanwhile, relationships are tested and big decisions will be made in the all-new “A Night of Neglect” episode of GLEE airing Tuesday, April 19 (8:00-9:01 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (GLE-217) (TV-14 D, L, S)

Cast: Matthew Morrison as Will Schuester; Jessalyn Gilsig as Terri Schuester; Jane Lynch as Sue Sylvester; Lea Michele as Rachel Berry; Cory Monteith as Finn Hudson; Jayma Mays as Emma Pillsbury; Dianna Agron as Quinn; Chris Colfer as Kurt; Kevin McHale as Artie; Amber Riley as Mercedes; Mark Salling as Puck; Jenna Ushkowitz as Tina; Naya Rivera as Santana Lopez; Heather Morris as Brittany S. Pierce; Mike O’Malley as Burt Hummel

Guest Cast: Gwyneth Paltrow as Holly Holliday; Charice as Sunshine Corazon; Harry Shum as Mike Chang; Chord Overstreet as Sam Evans; Darren Criss as Blaine; Ashley Fink as Lauren Zizes; Max Adler as Karofsky; Bill A. Jones as Rod Remington; Stephen Tobolowsky as Sandy Ryerson; Lauren Potter as Becky Jackson; Josh Sussman as Jacob Ben Israel; Cheyenne Jackson as Dustin Goolsby; James Earl as Azimio

Taken from: SpoilerTV http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/04/glee-e ... z1K12DsX2D

-- Merged Double Post --

Well the first ten or so minutes were good, but then it got stupid bordering on boring.
Joshua
Forum Moderator

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: [Official] Glee Episode 2.17 Discussion

Postby SLJCOAAATR on Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:50 pm

Oh look, several weeks without Glee followed by another mediocre episode. This has really become the norm for the show at this point...
However, I was very glad to see so many characters fit well into one episode and for most of them to have an appropriate amount of screen time.
I still don't like Sunshine, Dustin, or Holly though. Very happy Holly appears to be gone for good now. But I'm a little sad that Carl also appears to be gone for good. His arc ended too soon with too little actual development. Shame, considering how amazing John Stamos is...
And I think Beiste should've tried to help with the benefit to some extent.

Other than many character who have been long overdue for a reappearance (Jacob, Sandy, and Terri, specifically) showing up, the only positive things about the episode were;
* Santana sticking up for Kurt and Blaine (However, I feel more progress could have been made with Karofsky had she not jumped in)
* Tina's solo (Too bad the hecklers cut her short... -___-)
* Mike's dancing
* No love-whatevershapeit'sbecomeatthispoint storylines!
* Hardly any Sam, Quinn, or Finn! (I never liked Sam much and Quinn and Finn are really annoying me lately with their hypocrisy.)
* Rachel's talk with Mercedes. I'd love to see a friendship that lasts for more than one episode bloom between these two!
* No more Holly!
* Neglected characters stepped it up a notch! (Now let's lessen Lauren's role too, before she grows tiresome.)
* Lauren finally had some interaction with someone who isn't Puck.

Other than those moments, the rest of the episode was just another big MEH.
Leave it as SLJ or Pancakes.
SLJCOAAATR
Supporting Actor

Postby DharmaLager on Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:23 pm

I'm not going to pretend to be a good Glee Follower, since I've found (though improved in the second half) the Glee storylines less than pleasing...that being said, what DID happen with Carl and how did they conclude it. I must have missed something.
DharmaLager
Show Expert

Postby Joshua on Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:30 pm

Literally just Emma's response in the latest episode. 'Carl left me, he's filed for an annulment, we never did it'.

Typical S2 Glee atrociousness.
Joshua
Forum Moderator

Return to Glee Discussion [No Spoilers!]