[Official] Glee Episode 2.18 Discussion

General discussion for 'Glee'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

[Official] Glee Episode 2.18 Discussion

Postby Sandiwich11 on Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:39 am

Episode: 2.18
Episode Name: "Born This Way"

Discuss this episode here.

GLEE” GOES GAGA WITH SUPER-SIZED EPISODE TUESDAY, APRIL 26, ON FOX

Mr. Schuester teaches the glee club a valuable lesson about self-acceptance and embracing what makes you unique. Meanwhile, Lauren and Quinn go toe-to-toe for the prom queen crown, Ms. Pillsbury confronts her obsessive issues, Rachel struggles with a life-altering decision and Santana has something up her sleeve that could permanently alter the glee club dynamic in the all-new “Born This Way” episode of GLEE airing Tuesday, April 26 (8:00-9:30 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (GLE-218) (TV-14 D, L, S)

Cast: Matthew Morrison as Will Schuester; Jessalyn Gilsig as Terri Schuester; Jane Lynch as Sue Sylvester; Lea Michele as Rachel Berry; Cory Monteith as Finn Hudson; Jayma Mays as Emma Pillsbury; Dianna Agron as Quinn; Chris Colfer as Kurt; Kevin McHale as Artie; Amber Riley as Mercedes; Mark Salling as Puck; Jenna Ushkowitz as Tina; Naya Rivera as Santana Lopez; Heather Morris as Brittany S. Pierce; Mike O’Malley as Burt Hummel

Guest Cast: Harry Shum as Mike Chang; Chord Overstreet as Sam Evans; Darren Criss as Blaine; Ashley Fink as Lauren Zizes; Max Adler as Karofsky; James Earl as Azimio

Source: Fox

Glee at SpoilertV.com

Follow me on Twitter: Sandiwich11
Sandiwich11
Former Staff Member

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: [Official] Glee Episode 2.18 Discussion

Postby theotherslover on Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:18 am

Barbra Streisand and Sunset Blvd in one episode. Why am I not happier?
ImageImage
theotherslover
Show Expert

Postby Joshua on Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:29 pm

Welcome back to the Kurt Show :glare:

I'm not sure why I bother watching this show :P I only like Emma, Sue and Beiste. And (some of) the songs. Ok, they're the reason I watch the show :D
Joshua
Forum Moderator

Postby DestinyFound on Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:19 am

So. Glee last night. I thought it was pretty good. Definitely didn't live up to my ridiculously high expectations, but thats ok. Anyways. As far as songs/performances goes, it was excellent. Somewhere only we know was phenomenal. I wish BTW performance was a little longer since they did cut out a large part of the song. Santana (by far, one of my FAVORITE characters along with Brit and Mercedes) was hilarious. It didn't even feel like a 90 minute episode, it seemed normal. But nonetheless, it was a good episode and of course I am glad that Kurt is back haha.
Show Expert for Glee and The Office
DestinyFound
Show Expert

Postby SLJCOAAATR on Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:46 am

You guys disappointed much? D:

I actually thought it was a pretty good episode. I think my only complaint is how Born This Way wasn't an actual cover, but just Gaga being played over a stereo or something /: Though I did love the dance for the song.
I'm kind of neutral on the lack of Sue in this one.

Actually, I think I might have another complaint; I hated how Burt just let Kurt back to McKinley even after complaining about how much money was spent (He already spent the Lost guest star hotel honeymoon money on Kurt's enrollment, that money isn't coming back by transferring out...After spending that kind of money, my kid is staying there!) and Karofsky's former threats. Even if Karofsky appears to have turned a new leaf, I'd still be wary...Nice to see Daniel Roebuck again though :D

Quinn's story was kind of stupid, but it was worth it for Lauren to interact with another character. Lauren has felt too limited for too long, so I've enjoyed her recent development with Mercedes and Quinn. And I liked how Finn accepted her, even though I think it'll lead to him getting back with Rachel.

The goodbye scene to Kurt from the Warblers was great. In a way, I'm kind of glad Kurt's back at McKinley. We'll get to see more of his eye-popping outfits (I seriously wish real teens dressed with as much fashion as the cast on Glee -___-). I also loved the mall scene.

I'm rather surprised no one here seemed to like the episode....
Leave it as SLJ or Pancakes.
SLJCOAAATR
Supporting Actor

Postby Joshua on Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:03 am

Well, I just don't like many of the cast... pretty much none of the kids now, not Will. I love Beiste and Sue though they weren't in it. Emma was good.

I actually really like 'Somewhere Only We Go' (and a lot of the Warbler songs) but I hate how it was all about Kurt. His song was long and dull. I can't even remember much of BTW.

And it was bullcrap hyping it as a 90 minute episode when in reality it was only 56 :x
Joshua
Forum Moderator

Postby SLJCOAAATR on Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:16 am

I don't blame you for not liking most of the characters. I liked pretty much all of them come their introduction, but too many characters are severely over saturated, which ruins the majority of the cast. Finn, Quinn, Kurt, Rachel, Puck, Blaine, Sam, and Lauren seem to be the main culprits right about now. Granted, I am a huge Kurt fan, but I'm starting to feel that the show has been revolving around only him lately. Save for Kurt, the lesser-used characters seem to be getting used a little over the course of the seasons final trimester. I'm happy about that. And it looks like Blaine might be gone for the rest of this year, and Sam is finally learning how to stay in the background, like a good guest star.
I ordinarily like Sue a lot, but she's become...different lately. She just isn't Sue anymore. Beiste has grown on me, I'd like to see a bit more of her. I kind of want Will to end up with her in the long run. Emma is one of my favorites. :wub: She's been sooo neglected in season 2 D,: I like her with Will, but at this point, I feel they don't deserve each other anymore. Now, I want her back with Carl.

I've enjoyed the Warbler's songs, especially the one from this episode, but their presentations feel too...perfect...
The whole bunch of those characters are all essentially perfect, and it annoys me. Their voices, dances, outfits, hair, looks, personalities, etc. are all flawless. They're too much and too little at the same time. And I hate how only Blaine gets lead vocals for their group. I realize we don't have time to develop an entire second group of Gleeks, but a character doesn't need to be pivotal to the plot in order to get some none-backing vocals in...

And yeah, I was annoyed at how without commercials, it was hardly 10 minutes longer than the usual episode. But I guess any extra time is better than no extra time. /:
Leave it as SLJ or Pancakes.
SLJCOAAATR
Supporting Actor

Return to Glee Discussion [No Spoilers!]