Should I go back to Glee?

General discussion for 'Glee'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

Re: Should I go back to Glee?

Postby Joshua on Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:17 pm

In my opinion, not really.

Season one was fantastic, but as you say, Season Two was such a miserable let down and I think there was maybe only one episode that was in the same league as Season One (that being the super bowl episode, which I really enjoyed).

But the rest of Season Two is a nightmare, the songs get worse and the storylines increasingly unbelievable.

Season Three has been better, but still nowhere near as good as Season One.
Joshua
Forum Moderator

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby theotherslover on Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:22 pm

Joshua wrote:In my opinion, not really.

Season one was fantastic, but as you say, Season Two was such a miserable let down and I think there was maybe only one episode that was in the same league as Season One (that being the super bowl episode, which I really enjoyed).

But the rest of Season Two is a nightmare, the songs get worse and the storylines increasingly unbelievable.

Season Three has been better, but still nowhere near as good as Season One.

As the Show Expert I am sad to say I agree with Josh. It's still not as good and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't ify on it.
ImageImage
theotherslover
Show Expert

Postby Joshua on Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:16 pm

Haha yeah. Well Season One had the perfect balance of storyline and music.

Season 2 lost that balance - when they tried to make it all about the music, it completely lost the story (like the Britney episode, or *shudder* the Bieber episode, or the atrocious religiousy episode).
Joshua
Forum Moderator

Postby DharmaLager on Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:59 pm

My response - don't bother - I watch here or there - but with no real "need", more of a "oh Glee is on" type reason.

Season 1 really was great , Season 2 was awful and Season 3 is struggling for me because it's trying to be consistent and making it so that Season 2 and Season 1 are consistent with each other in terms of story - which it can't. Just my opinion.
DharmaLager
Show Expert

Return to Glee Discussion [No Spoilers!]