[Official] The Vampire Diaries Ep. 2.09 Discussion

General discussion for 'The Vampire Diaries'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

[Official] The Vampire Diaries Ep. 2.09 Discussion

Postby PandaVamp on Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:48 am

"Katerina"

8:00PM

Discuss the latest Vampire Diaries episode here.

THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 11

“THE VAMPIRE DIARIES” — (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET)
“Katerina” (CONTENT RATING TBD) (HDTV)

KATHERINE’S PAST IS REVEALED — Elena (Nina Dobrev) puts herself in a dangerous position as she searches for the truth about Katherine’s past and what her own future may hold. Knowing that Stefan (Paul Wesley) would never agree to her plan, Elena swears Caroline (Candica Accola) to secrecy. Damon (Ian Somerhalder) uses a new-found confidant to help him try to discover the real purpose and power of the moonstone. Jeremy (Steven R. McQueen) and Bonnie (Katerina Graham) meet Luka (guest star Bryton James), a new student with a surprising family history. J. Miller Tobin directed the episode written by Andrew Chambliss (##209).

Source: CW

Copied From: http://www.spoilertv.com/2010/10/vampir ... z14vRdvFGV
Thanks for linking back. It really helps our site. Please leave the above link in.

- Promotional Photos
- Promo
- Extended Promo
- Sneak Peek

You have to invite me in.
PandaVamp
Senior Moderator

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: [Official] The Vampire Diaries Ep. 2.09 Discussion

Postby LOSTMeggy on Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:20 pm

Super busy right now so I don't have much time to discuss in detail, but I just wanted to say this was another great episode! :thumbsup: I'll come back later to discuss further ;)
"I've missed you so much..."
LOSTMeggy
Stunt Double

Postby Joel Leo J on Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:48 pm

I absolutely loved this episode, it was good elena innterviewing Katherine. Loved Stefans line at Katherine, 'your a lying manipulative bitch'. (Or words to that effect)

Its so tense, elena/Caroline/Tyler, are all in danger!! its good, that only one curse can be broken, either the Wolves or the Vamps.

Elijah is bad ass, him throwing those coins at the UV window, and exposing aLL this vamps!! wow,.
Great, how he can compell Vampires, that was a nice touch. so does this mean the more vamps that are made, the weaker the blood becomes? Or is he that old he is just uber powerful?!?

I am confused, Rose has been a vamp for hundreds and hundreds of years, and she has not dscovered the secret of the daylight ring? I find this hard to believe.

great to see katerinas Back story, part of me feels sorry for her, but then she says things like she doesn't care about Elena, or anyone is Mystic Falls, and she is only out for herself, comments like this dont make me want epathise with her, although, I think this is the point!

This episode, didn't have much damon stefan really I felt.

Was shocked at the end, when I saw the Dr. Warlot, with elijah, I wonder what his and his sons game plan is..

Liked rose saying there is no switch you can turn off, I always found that to be a bit wrong, you are who you are, there is no forgetting that.

Was so upset when I realised we have a 3 week wait until the next episode, and then not sure how many episodes until the mis season finale.....hoping lots!!

10/10. :thumbup:
Joel Leo J
Show Expert

Postby charliefan4life on Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:24 pm

I know! 3 weeks! Are they trying to torture us?

I felt bad for Elena at the end but I'm kind of glad she can stop blaming the guys now. Maybe she'll see she can get back together with Stefan now. The question is how are they going to protect her? I thought maybe this episode was going to lean towards getting us to having empathy towards Katherine, but nope, other than having to give up her baby-who she probably would have been a lousy mother too anyway-she's always been the same self-centered, screw everybody else bitch that she is today. I can't decide if it was her plan all along to get locked in the tomb this time around. "I'll be the safest lying, manipulative bitch in town". Seems like an extremely painful way to save yourself but who knows. Caroline and Stefan going to become BFF's now? :lol: I was shocked to see the Doctor with Elijah too. Maybe they all have their own personal witch. Poor Jeremy, they could have least given him and Bonnie a chance. I wanted to see where that was going. I'm guessing It will have to be Tyler who kills Elijah, and what happens after that is anyone's guess. How does one "create" a doppelganger? Wouldn't it just be pure chance if somewhere down the bloodline someone ended up looking EXACTLY like an ancestor?

Thank you DarthLocke for the delicious sig!

Ian Somerhalder is my destiny!

I love you in a place where there's no space or time...
charliefan4life
Show Expert

Postby Joel Leo J on Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:40 pm

There was clues, these was a few times that daylight ring of Elijahs was shown, do you think the compelling of vampires is his natural ability, or was the warlock responsible somehow for this??

Thats the brilliant thing with TVD, you look back and go....Oh, the signs were always there!!! :rofl:
Joel Leo J
Show Expert

Postby charliefan4life on Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:03 am

Oh yeah, he did compel that guy. Maybe the originals just have more powers than the rest.

charliefan4life
Show Expert

Postby Joel Leo J on Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:16 am

I know, I hope they answer the question of why the originals are more powerful, they dont die from a stake, they can compel Vampires...I'm sure they can do more, only time will tell.

I just hope we will find out, and knowing how great TVD is, I'm sure they will one day..

I'm sure they will introduce Clause, soon, I have a feeling, he wont be some bram stoker vampire, and they will go for a more godric, look.....maybe. You build up an image of some bad ass Vamps, and he is a 19 year Teenvamp :rofl:
Joel Leo J
Show Expert

Postby charliefan4life on Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:23 am

I know! I'm picturing an evil version of Professor Dumbledore. It'll probably be more like one of the Twilight vamps.

Ooh, you know who would be cool though? Jeremy Piven!

I think it's spelled Klaus though. Or are you expecting Santa Clause? :lol:

charliefan4life
Show Expert

Postby Michelle on Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:28 am

I love this show. What am I supposed to do for 3 weeks? :cry:
Michelle
Emmy Nominee

Postby Joel Leo J on Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:04 pm

Were all asking ourselves the same question :cry:
Joel Leo J
Show Expert

Postby LOSTMeggy on Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:42 pm

It's only been 4 days and I'm already going through withdrawl... how am I going to make it through this wait. I see some repeat viewings in my future and definetly multiple viewings of the end of Rose... Damon :wub:

Ok, but seriously this episode was more than I could have expected. I've been waiting to learn about Katherine's past and having Elena interview her was the perfect tool for this. For a second you almost feel bad for Katerine, but that quickly disappears and you see she is and always has been a crazy b****! I can't believe her crazy plan to break the curse and free her from the wrath of Klaus. Poor Elena, Tyler, Caroline and Bonnie :scared: I have faith though that this awesome team will kick so serious a** and the Salvatore brothers will be right there to do everything they can. And even though Elena is devasted, I'm glad she knows the truth. Instead of avoiding Stefan and Damon she can now just accept their help. Elena and Stefan's embrace at the end was just so tragicly sweet.

Am I the only one hating the Damon/Rose interaction????? I feel no chemistry between these romantically or other. I just felt awkward watching them...

All and all perfect episode!!!!!!!!!!!
LOSTMeggy
Stunt Double

Postby charliefan4life on Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:53 am

I don't think Damon and Rose were meant to be long-term. Just a case of "if you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with". I kind of like Rose. Which probably means she's a goner.:P

charliefan4life
Show Expert

Postby LOSTMeggy on Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:29 pm

Yea, I didn't see them as a long term item either. I like Rose too and I love Damon :wub: it was just their interaction together that didn't feel right. And charliefan4life, I am also a little worried Rose might not be around for too long.
LOSTMeggy
Stunt Double

Postby Joel Leo J on Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:06 pm

LOL @ the Damon/elena lovers, not liking Rose :PP :rofl:

rose is not growing on me as much as I had liked, she seems way to weak for such an old vampire. IMO
Joel Leo J
Show Expert

Postby LOSTMeggy on Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:25 pm

DexterAlt wrote:LOL @ the Damon/elena lovers, not liking Rose :PP :rofl:

rose is not growing on me as much as I had liked, she seems way to weak for such an old vampire. IMO

Hey, my Damon/Elena love has nothing to do with my feelings for Rose... ok maybe a little ;) :rofl: In all honesty I would love to see a steamy love story for Damon(even if it's not with Elena), but I really didn't see any sparks between the two... even on a platonic level.

I definitely agree Rose should be way stronger for being such an old vamp. She's older than Katherine, but I'm pretty sure Katherine would be able to take her without even breaking a sweat.
LOSTMeggy
Stunt Double

Next

Return to The Vampire Diaries Discussion [No Spoilers!]