[Official] The Vampire Diaries Ep. 2.13 Discussion

General discussion for 'The Vampire Diaries'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

[Official] The Vampire Diaries Ep. 2.13 Discussion

Postby PandaVamp on Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:57 pm

"Daddy Issues"

8:00PM

Discuss the latest Vampire Diaries episode here.

THURSDAY, February 3

“THE VAMPIRE DIARIES” — (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET)
“Daddy Issues” (Content Rating TBD) (HDTV)

CHOOSING SIDES — Johnathan Gilbert’s (guest star David Anders) return to Mystic Falls comes as an unhappy surprise to Elena (Nina Dobrev), Jenna (Sara Canning) and Damon (Ian Somerhalder). Caroline (Candice Accola) lets Stefan (Paul Wesley) know about her conversation with Tyler (Michael Trevino), and Stefan does his best to reach out to a confused and conflicted Tyler. Jeremy (Steven R. McQueen) comforts Bonnie (Katerina Graham) after her disturbing conversation with Jonas (guest star Randy Goodwin)... When Jules (guest star Michaela McManus) takes a hostage, the situation quickly escalates into a violent confrontation. Zach Roerig and Matt Davis also star. Joshua Butler directed the episode written by Kevin Williamson & Julie Plec (##213).

Source: CW

Copied From: http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/01/vampir ... z1CvVJQELO
Thanks for linking back. It really helps our site. Please leave the above link in.

Check out STV.com/TheVampireDiaries for Spoilers, Promos, Sneak Peeks and more.

You have to invite me in.
PandaVamp
Senior Moderator

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: [Official] The Vampire Diaries Ep. 2.13 Discussion

Postby charliefan4life on Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:37 am

Considering she poses a threat to Elena, it makes no sense to me that Jonathan and Isobel want Katherine out of the tomb. The only reason I can see for that is if they want to hand her over to Klaus to take the danger off Elena. And poor Caroline. I can't believe I have such sympathy for her now-I couldn't stand her last year.:P But she didn't ask to be a vampire, she didn't personally kill Mason, and she helped Tyler through his first transformation. Gotta feel bad for the girl for being tortured tonight. But then Tyler didn't ask for any of this either and he doesn't know what to do so I feel bad for him too.

I am glad somebody finally clued Jenna into SOMETHING! Her and Mayor Lockwood need to form "Club Clueless."

Thank you DarthLocke for the delicious sig!

Ian Somerhalder is my destiny!

I love you in a place where there's no space or time...
charliefan4life
Show Expert

Postby Elize34 on Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:10 pm

Wow, a lot going on this episode. Felt like I missed a few eps, pretty difficult to understand a few things, such as
1) Why don't they just kill Jules? Is there a specific reason? has to be right?
2) WHEN did Jeremy and Bonnie get together? Last I remebered Bonnie was all like 'no, I can't be with you'
3) Also, pretty confused who is on whose side, Isobel, John and Katherine have this pact together, why indeed would John want Katherine out?

Also a bit shady on the moonstone, Elias has it right now, right? And why do they desperately want to break the curse, all the important vampires can walk around in the sun anyways.

But I did love the episode, almost no boring moments, though touchy-feely, vulnerable (whiney) Damon is starting to annoye me a little.... :|

charliefan4life wrote:
I am glad somebody finally clued Jenna into SOMETHING! Her and Mayor Lockwood need to form "Club Clueless."

I think Matt should join too. ;)
Thanks HannaK for making me this unearthly awesome banner!

http://have-heart-my-dear.tumblr.com/ <--- my Tumblr
Elize34
Stunt Double

Postby charliefan4life on Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:53 am

1) Why don't they just kill Jules? Is there a specific reason? has to be right?

Yeah, I'm wondering this too. Probably needing to drag out her storyline to explain why she wants "the boy" (Tyler) so badly.

2) WHEN did Jeremy and Bonnie get together? Last I remebered Bonnie was all like 'no, I can't be with you'

Good question. Maybe they were hooking up during the last episode when we didn't see them at all. :P

3) Also, pretty confused who is on whose side, Isobel, John and Katherine have this pact together, why indeed would John want Katherine out?

And why do Stefan and Damon leave her unguarded? It's Katherine for pete's sake, I'd want to be keeping an eye on her 24/7.

Also a bit shady on the moonstone, Elias has it right now, right?

It was so long between episodes I can't remember who has that stupid rock.

And why do they desperately want to break the curse, all the important vampires can walk around in the sun anyways.

:thumbup:

I think Matt should join too.

I concur.

Oh yeah, and not that it's important, but why-when all the other werewolves were clutching their ears and falling unaffected to the ground-was Tyler unaffected?

Thank you DarthLocke for the delicious sig!

Ian Somerhalder is my destiny!

I love you in a place where there's no space or time...
charliefan4life
Show Expert

Postby Elize34 on Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:50 am

charliefan4life wrote:
Oh yeah, and not that it's important, but why-when all the other werewolves were clutching their ears and falling unaffected to the ground-was Tyler unaffected?

My guess, the spell that wizard-guy was using, was based upon proximity, or like he could decided who was affected.

But there indeed so many details I am hazy on, not sure if it is my lack of understanding, or there really are some holes in the storyline, I will just wait and see
Thanks HannaK for making me this unearthly awesome banner!

http://have-heart-my-dear.tumblr.com/ <--- my Tumblr
Elize34
Stunt Double

Return to The Vampire Diaries Discussion [No Spoilers!]