[Official] The Vampire Diaries Ep. 2.15 Discussion

General discussion for 'The Vampire Diaries'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

[Official] The Vampire Diaries Ep. 2.15 Discussion

Postby PandaVamp on Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:18 am

"The Dinner Party"

8:00PM

Discuss the latest Vampire Diaries episode here.

THURSDAY, February 17

“THE VAMPIRE DIARIES” — (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET)
“The Dinner Party” (TV-) (HDTV)

STEFAN TELLS ELENA ABOUT HIS DARKEST DAYS — Stefan (Paul Wesley) tells Elena (Nina Dobrev) about a dark time in his history and the surprising person whose influence changed everything. After getting the truth out of Luka (guest star Bryton James), Jonas (guest star Randy Goodwin) makes his feelings clear to Bonnie (Katerina Graham) and Jeremy (Steven R. McQueen). Trying to catch Elijah (guest star Daniel Gillies) off-guard, Damon arranges a dinner party for him with Jenna (Sara Canning), Alaric (Matt Davis) and Andie (guest star Dawn Olivieri), but last-minute information throws Damon’s plan into chaos. Marcos Siega directed the episode written by Andrew Chambliss (#215).

Source: CW

Taken from: SpoilerTV http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/01/vampir ... z1EGEsxZMl

Check out STV.com/TheVampireDiaries for Spoilers, Promos, Sneak Peeks and more.

You have to invite me in.
PandaVamp
Senior Moderator

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: [Official] The Vampire Diaries Ep. 2.15 Discussion

Postby charliefan4life on Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:10 am

Well now that we've had Stefan's backstory-and I'm still finding it hard to buy Stefan as a ripper :roll:-I want to see what caused Damon to change.

Now that Alaric has given John the ring back I can see where there's headed and I am not a happy camper. I like Alaric. And Damon needs a friend-he doesn't have any.

Thank you DarthLocke for the delicious sig!

Ian Somerhalder is my destiny!

I love you in a place where there's no space or time...
charliefan4life
Show Expert

Postby beresford on Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:20 pm

Great one, as always. I like that they decided to give Alaric a bit more focus, he was a bit too much on the background on the first half of the season. Apart from that, amazing twists as always, I never saw it coming that Katherine was playing Damon, or that Elena was actually planning to kill Elijah at the end. Very strong. Only minus: no Caroline! I've grown to like her way too much this season!
Come and participate in the Ultimate Lost Episode List Countdown! Guess the next ones and join the discussion! Now Back to Active!!

Damon Lindelof wrote:Killing off Juliet was was one of the stupidest things I’ve ever done in my career(...) the guilt of executing a character who is so clearly beloved by the audience

Heiots wrote:beresford is Juliet King! Just can't argue that fact.
beresford
Emmy Nominee

Postby PandaVamp on Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:06 pm

Great episode, as always. :thumbsup:

Still, can't help but feel disappointed by Elijah's "death" (technically, I think he's more like paralysed or something along those lines). I'm not saying it wasn't done well, but that I really like the character and thought he was going to bring much more into the picture. What can I say... sometimes I like my villains and anti-heroes, hehe. :P

Anyway, I still have hope someone pulls that dagger out of him and he's back, mad and ready to cause havoc in Mystic Falls. I bet someone will because, otherwise, how are they going to "kill" Klaus? :D

You have to invite me in.
PandaVamp
Senior Moderator

Postby Elize34 on Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:03 pm

beresford wrote:Great one, as always. I like that they decided to give Alaric a bit more focus, he was a bit too much on the background on the first half of the season. Apart from that, amazing twists as always, I never saw it coming that Katherine was playing Damon, or that Elena was actually planning to kill Elijah at the end. Very strong. Only minus: no Caroline! I've grown to like her way too much this season!

I really agree with this, loved Alaric was taking matters into his own hands a bit more. Also really liking Jenna is (sort of) catching on on things, I mean, her and Matt are the only ones oblivious to everything going on.

And the twists, I never, never, see them coming! Katherine being in Damon's shower was not only unexpected, also pretty funny :)

Wonder what will happen with Tyler, it is not like I really, really missed him this episode, but I am wondering how and when he will come back. And I am liking John's character as well, he is stirring things up and I like it!

Only thing I could possbly think of that could be negative is this: the pace they are speeding through the storylines, (e.g. how de we kill an original, like this, kill Elijah, he is not dead, human has to do it, Elijah's dead again) I just wonder how long they can keep it up. Don't get me wrong, I loved this episode, but sometimes I wonder how these great storylines can continue to be so great in this high pace.
Thanks HannaK for making me this unearthly awesome banner!

http://have-heart-my-dear.tumblr.com/ <--- my Tumblr
Elize34
Stunt Double

Postby Michelle on Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:11 am

I have a feeling we'll be seeing more of Elijah, too awesome for his storyline to be finished.
Michelle
Emmy Nominee

Postby LOSTMeggy on Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:48 pm

Love, Love, Love this episode!!!!!!!!! :wub: :wub:

I'm pretty excited that Katherine is out of the tomb! Damon's face when she stepped out of the shower was awesome! I need to know the story between her John and Isobel. By the way, where is Isobel hiding? I hope we get to see her soon! I ready and excited for more doppelganger action!

Character od the Episode = Alaric! :thumbsup:

I missed Caroline, she has been so great this season!
"I've missed you so much..."
LOSTMeggy
Stunt Double

Postby beresford on Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:29 am

LOSTMeggy wrote:

I see that even outside Lost we still agree :PP :PP
Come and participate in the Ultimate Lost Episode List Countdown! Guess the next ones and join the discussion! Now Back to Active!!

Damon Lindelof wrote:Killing off Juliet was was one of the stupidest things I’ve ever done in my career(...) the guilt of executing a character who is so clearly beloved by the audience

beresford
Emmy Nominee

Postby LOSTMeggy on Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:46 pm

beresford wrote:
LOSTMeggy wrote:

I see that even outside Lost we still agree :PP :PP

Yes we do :PP :D
"I've missed you so much..."
LOSTMeggy
Stunt Double

Postby Bella on Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:59 am

LOSTMeggy wrote:Love, Love, Love this episode!!!!!!!!! :wub: :wub:

I'm pretty excited that Katherine is out of the tomb! Damon's face when she stepped out of the shower was awesome! I need to know the story between her John and Isobel. By the way, where is Isobel hiding? I hope we get to see her soon! I ready and excited for more doppelganger action!

Character od the Episode = Alaric! :thumbsup:

I love Alaric SO much! I didn't realize just how much till the wolves seemed to have killed him a couple eps ago. Then I was all, "NO!!! HE HAS A RING! HE HAS A RING!" When he woke up, I was soooo relieved.

And Caroline is so great. I'm loving her and Tyler, and hope that storyline hasn't run its course yet. :thumbsup:

Twitter / YouTube Channel

:) STV Podcast co-host :)
Bella
Senior Moderator

Postby Bella on Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:01 am

PandaVamp wrote:Great episode, as always. :thumbsup:

Still, can't help but feel disappointed by Elijah's "death" (technically, I think he's more like paralysed or something along those lines). I'm not saying it wasn't done well, but that I really like the character and thought he was going to bring much more into the picture. What can I say... sometimes I like my villains and anti-heroes, hehe. :P

Anyway, I still have hope someone pulls that dagger out of him and he's back, mad and ready to cause havoc in Mystic Falls. I bet someone will because, otherwise, how are they going to "kill" Klaus? :D

I wonder how you kill two Originals if there's only one dagger and it has to remain in place... :hmm:

Twitter / YouTube Channel

:) STV Podcast co-host :)
Bella
Senior Moderator

Postby charliefan4life on Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:56 am

I think eventually they'll have to remove the dagger from Elijah to kill Klaus. But perhaps a werewolf returns and bites Elijah?

Thank you DarthLocke for the delicious sig!

Ian Somerhalder is my destiny!

I love you in a place where there's no space or time...
charliefan4life
Show Expert

Postby Joel Leo J on Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:53 am

That was an awesome episode, heart in my mouth episode in fact

I to dont think that was the last we have seen of Elijah

And we are all expecting Claus to be bad, I don't think he is, I think we are gonna be surprised TBH he will be on Elenas side and Elijah and him will have an epic battle with maybe more originals coming back to help out!!
Joel Leo J
Show Expert

Postby beresford on Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:50 pm

charliefan4life wrote:I think eventually they'll have to remove the dagger from Elijah to kill Klaus. But perhaps a werewolf returns and bites Elijah?

That actually sounds like a reasonable possibility to me!

beresford
Emmy Nominee

Postby Joel Leo J on Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:27 pm

The original werewolf :D
Joel Leo J
Show Expert

Return to The Vampire Diaries Discussion [No Spoilers!]