[Official] The Vampire Diaries Ep. 2.22 Discussion (FINALE)

General discussion for 'The Vampire Diaries'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

[Official] The Vampire Diaries Ep. 2.22 Discussion (FINALE)

Postby PandaVamp on Thu May 12, 2011 7:45 pm

"As I Lay Dying"

8:00PM

Discuss The Vampire Diaries' Season Finale episode here.

SEASON FINALE

THE BOND BETWEEN BROTHERS — While Mystic Falls presents a screening of “Gone with The Wind” in the town square, Damon’s (Ian Somerhalder) memories of Katherine (Nina Dobrev) in 1864 mix with the reality of Elena (Nina Dobrev) in the present day. Stefan (Paul Wesley) pays a terrible personal price for his attempt to prevent a tragedy, and Sheriff Forbes (Marguerite MacIntyre) makes a deadly mistake while trying to keep everyone safe. More than one life hangs in the balance as the consequences of the sacrifice ritual play out to a horrifying conclusion. Steven R. McQueen, Katerina Graham, Candice Accola and Matt Davis also star. John Behring directed the episode written by Turi Meyer & Al Septien & Michael Narducc.

Source: CW

Check STV.com/TheVampireDiaries for Spoilers.

You have to invite me in.
PandaVamp
Senior Moderator

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: [Official] The Vampire Diaries Ep. 2.22 Discussion (FINA

Postby Michelle on Sun May 15, 2011 6:53 am

Weird way to end it but I love that Jeremy is basically now a mix of Miles/Hurley.

Silly of Klaus to show Stefan where he keeps his family. Now all Stefan has to do is text Elena where the location is and have her pull the knife out of Elijah again. Would suck terribly if that was the last of him.
Michelle
Emmy Nominee

Postby Sidia on Sun May 15, 2011 1:52 pm

I don't know the books but will Stefan leave so Delena can happen? This would suck because I love Stefan and Elena together. Jeremy is now a Supernatural spiritguide or what? Didn't quite get that. Can someone clear that up for me? Don't mind Spoilers^^.

P.S.: sry for the language I'm quite buzzed and it isn't my first language ^^
Sidia
Viewer

Postby charliefan4life on Mon May 16, 2011 5:22 am

I kind of don't want Delena to actually happen because that will completely ruin Elena for me, she needs to stick with one guy, and she's annoyed me quite enough this season.

I haven't read the books so I have no idea what happens in those. But I thought for sure Jeremy was going to end up being a zombie.

Thank you DarthLocke for the delicious sig!

Ian Somerhalder is my destiny!

I love you in a place where there's no space or time...
charliefan4life
Show Expert

Postby Janneke on Thu May 26, 2011 6:54 pm

All I remember from reading the books is that Stefan disappears into another reality and Damon and Elena have to work together to find him. I guess this won't happen to Stefan.. :P but I do think that this ending does pave a way to have Delena become closer in a way that when Stefan returns the dynamic will be completely different.

Personally I would like to see Damon and Elena together, but then again, if they pair them up I might lose interest quickly and want Elena to get back together with Stefan... I guess I will never be fully happy with the situation!

Jeremy wise, no idea what might happen since this character is not part of the book series. I was completely surprised, and I have no clue where they are going with this. I guess his ring will no longer work, since he is kind of a supernatural being right now...
Janneke
Viewer

Postby emmy141 on Thu May 26, 2011 8:09 pm

I loved the finale, and I really think it worked well tying up loose ends and setting up new plots for the next season. I really understand what Julie Plec was talking about when she said this was the emotional pay-off episode following the big action scenes of 2x21. Damon and Elena were so adorable together and I really have my fingers crossed that this will continue into next season, especially with Stefan turning evil (which btw, can't wait for that!).

As for Jeremy, my jaw literally dropped to the floor at the end there. So happy that Anna and Vicki are back but really intrigued as to what's going on there. Bring on season 3!
The Vampire Diaries & Nikita
emmy141
Show Expert

Return to The Vampire Diaries Discussion [No Spoilers!]