Re: [Official] Vampire Diaries - S2 - Spoilers and Speculati

Postby charliefan4life on Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:52 am

The Vampire Diaries - Episode 2.10 - The Sacrifice - Sneak Peek

http://www.spoilertv.com/2010/11/vampire-diaries-episode-210-sacrifice_30.html

The Vampire Diaries - Episode 2.10 - The Sacrifice - 2 More Sneak Peeks

http://www.spoilertv.com/2010/11/vampire-diaries-episode-210-sacrifice-2.html

The Vampire Diaries - TV Guide Magazine - 9th December 2010 Scan

http://www.spoilertv.com/2010/12/vampire-diaries-tv-guide-magazine-9th.html

Thank you DarthLocke for the delicious sig!

Ian Somerhalder is my destiny!

I love you in a place where there's no space or time...
charliefan4life
Show Expert

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

[Official] The Vampire Diaries Ep. 2.10 Discussion

Postby Joel Leo J on Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:49 am

Are we going to see Rose again on The Vampire Diaries? — Michelle
ADAM: Yep, and sooner than you think. I'm hearing that she'll pop back up in order to help Damon and Stefan with a mysterious mission. First stop on their quest: a visit to another vampire savant who knows everything about everything in the world of bloodsuckers. He's willing to hand over the dangerous info Damon and Stefan seek — but only in exchange for a day-walking ring.
Bonnie should just make like 500 Day light rings. I see her making one for Rose soon too.
She could become a very wealthy woman. I hope she de spells someones ring and they burn in the sun, maybe this new Vamp :rofl:

Copied From: http://www.spoilertv.com/2010/12/mega-b ... z17VK5byyt
Thanks for linking back. It really helps our site. Please leave the above link in.

-- Merged Double Post --

My sincere apologies for posting the above post in the non spoiler section.
Joel Leo J
Show Expert

Postby charliefan4life on Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:22 pm

You should be ashamed. :PP

So I guess Stefan's getting out of the tomb soon.

charliefan4life
Show Expert

Postby charliefan4life on Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:37 am

The Vampire Diaries – Episode 2.12 – The Descent – Extended Promo

http://www.spoilertv.com/2010/12/vampire-diaries-episode-212-descent_5076.html

The Vampire Diaries - John Gilbert to Return

HollywoodLife.com has learned that actor David Anders — who plays Elena’s biological dad, John Gilbert — will be back on The Vampire Diaries!

Hold onto your seats for this one, TVD fans! We’ve learned from a source on The Vampire Diaries set that actor David Anders will be returning to the show for episode 213. Not only that, but his character, John Gilbert, knows how to kill Elijah — the vampire who is after his daughter, Elena.

Although we’re not sure on how many episodes he’s set to appear, we’ll keep you posted as we hear.

The last time we saw John, he was packing his bags after Stefan told him Elena didn’t want him there. He gave his ring to Jeremy and we figured he had left Mystic Falls for good — so glad we were wrong!

http://www.spoilertv.com/2010/12/vampire-diaries-john-gilbert-to-return.html

charliefan4life
Show Expert

Postby Joel Leo J on Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:00 pm

the vampire Diaries spinoff
The CW
The Vampire Diaries showrunner Kevin Williamson has clarified The CW's plans for a spinoff of the popular series.

Williamson denied previous reports suggesting that the companion series will be like "The X-Files meets Buffy The Vampire Slayer".

"That's exactly what the show is not," he told The Hollywood Reporter. "They're completely at odds tonally, it's neither.

"It's set on a college campus. There's a bit of paranormal investigation involved but it's more about the characters."

Williamson revealed that there will be few official details about the project until production on the show begins.

The Vampire Diaries aired its mid-season finale this week on The CW.
Joel Leo J
Show Expert

Postby charliefan4life on Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:41 pm

Eh, I'll stick with the original. It has Ian.:)

charliefan4life
Show Expert

Postby charliefan4life on Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:15 am

The Vampire Diaries - TV Guide Interview Sara Canning

http://www.spoilertv.com/2010/12/vampire-diaries-tv-guide-interviews.html

-- Merged Double Post --

The Vampire Diaries - Julie Plec Interview about the second half of Season 2 (part 1)

Overall, what can we expect when the show returns?
We’re going to come to the end of what we’re calling our werewolf chapter, which will really take that story to a really dark place and really change a lot of characters lives, not necessarily in a good way.

We are going to dig deeper into the secrets of our new witches and what Bonnie's role is going to be in their story, and of course it's all about the fear of the impending Klaus, and who’s going to be fighting on who’s side, who’s bond is with who, who’s going to betray whom, and is this curse going to be lifted at the hands of a sacrifice that would kill Elena. We’re full steam ahead.

Do you ever fear the show will run out of storylines?
We never worry that we’re going to run out of steam because we know we have a lot of story to tell and that story can go on and on. What’s complicated is every episode is brand new. Rather than working on a CSI or even X-Files, where each week you have this formula to build off of, it’s like we’re starting a new movie from scratch each week. It’s trying to do that at a level of consistency of quality week after week, it’s just a really daunting task.

More than anything it’s not do we have enough story, it's how can we tell the best story possible every week in the time that we have. All of us are control freaks and perfectionists, so we kill ourselves trying to do it and I’m proud of it. Either the show will get cancelled in five years or we’ll die before one of the two things happen (laughs). We’re always going to try to make it as great as it can be.

How many more werewolves are coming to Mystic Falls?
That I can’t say, but I will say Tyler isn’t the only one, as we’ve just met Jules. Jules was talking to someone on the phone during the previous episode, and it's quite possible that that somebody might be showing up to town pretty soon.

Will we ever see Nina Dobrev take on more than two characters/episode?
That would be so cool and so hard to do. If we were ever going to do that to that poor thing, it would have to be the storyline of the century. Who knows!

Is there a clause in Ian Somerhalder's contract about appearing shirtless a certain number of times per month?
(Laughs.) No. It’s funny, we had a little bit of a drought of our shirtless boys this season, because we only put them shirtless when it feels right for the story. But I looked at Kevin and I was like, “everybody’s had too many clothes on for the last 6 or 7 episodes. This is wrong. So we’ll be seeing more bare-chested boys as we go into the New Year. All totally organic to the story, as always, of course (laughs).

Do you have any idea who will play Klaus?
None whatsoever. We started the casting process, we’re early in it. We have high standards, and high hopes. It's going to be very tough to not only hold their own against Ian and Paul, but also Daniel Gillies [Elijah], who a pretty tremendous actor. We’re taking the casting very seriously and it’ll be interesting to see how it turns out.

http://www.spoilertv.com/2010/12/vampir ... ew_22.html

charliefan4life
Show Expert

Postby JenR on Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:19 am

charliefan4life wrote:Eh, I'll stick with the original. It has Ian.:)

i agree :)
JenR
Viewer

Postby Joel Leo J on Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:28 pm

The CW
An executive producer of The Vampire Diaries has opened up about the casting process for the show's unseen supervillain Klaus.

Julie Plec revealed to Entertainment Weekly that over 200 actors have auditioned to play the all-powerful "original" vampire and stated that the role would not necessarily go to an unknown.

She teased: "We’ve been getting great tapes out of England and Australia. That’s what excites me. This idea that there might be somebody out there that no-one’s really familiar with yet that can be a new fresh face that we can exploit… in all the good ways.

"I think our show works so well because we don’t really stunt cast. That being said, if there’s some big hot TV star that’s available that we love, then… As I always joke, I have my Joshua Jackson fantasy - Pacey [from Dawson's Creek] in Mystic Falls."

Despite not revealing any specifics about the individuals in contention for the part, Plec did express a distaste for one particular actor being touted by the show's fans.

She mocked: "We like the people on Twitter who are like, ‘Alexander Skarsgård [from True Blood] has to be Klaus!’ I’m like really? 'Cause that’s original.

"The big important elements of this character are charisma and gravitas. You’ve got to be able to be afraid of this guy. So whether he’s an Old Word-flavoured guy or a new hip, contemporary, speedy kinda guy, that remains to be seen. We’ll see what actor we connect to the most."

Stars Paul Wesley and Ian Somerhalder have both previously discussed their high expectations for Klaus's big reveal, which is due to take place as the current season draws to a close.

The Vampire Diaries will return to The CW on January 27, 2011.
:thumbup:
Joel Leo J
Show Expert

Postby JenR on Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:15 am

im sure whoever they pick as Klaus will be awesome. he was very evil and intimidating in the books
JenR
Viewer

Postby charliefan4life on Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:58 am

As much as I like Joshua Jackson on Fringe, I'd have a hard time buying him as the big, bad, original vampire on TVD.:roll:

charliefan4life
Show Expert

Postby PandaVamp on Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:31 pm

I say, leave Alexander Skarsgård and Joshua Jackson where they are because they're simply perfect there ;) and can't imagine any of them on TVD, to be honest.

I would love to see an un-known or not so well known face for Klaus, and someone who's not precisely good looking but rather "interesting". I love "evil" characters who make you feel scared but strangely attracted at the same time, I hope he has that. Whoever they choose, though, he certainly has to be highly intimidating, they set the bar pretty high with Elijah, I think.

You have to invite me in.
PandaVamp
Senior Moderator

Postby JenR on Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:51 pm

i agree they should leave josh jackson and alexander skarsgard where they are. im not sure who i would want to play klaus. but it should be someone who doesnt already have a huge following and is believable to be truely evil.
JenR
Viewer

Postby PandaVamp on Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:45 pm

I don't know how he's described in the books, but I wonder what would like best... let's say, how do you picture Klaus?

- Young, older or in the middle?
- A misleading baby-face or rough looks?
- Blond, dark or red?

For example, Plec said a guy like Gale Harold is little bit on the "old" side, so I guess they're after a young looking face. On the other hand, Ian Somerhalder explained: "[Klaus] is the most powerful ... He's the guy you don't want to be in a room with. Ever… In order to kill these guys [the originals], there's such a process.".

Not many young actors can make you feel that, I think, but read around the web recently some people suggesting the guy who played the young Hannibal Lecter: Gaspard Ulliel. Haven't watched the movie, so I don't know how convincing he is, or if he's available, but after seeing some pictures of him I think a pretty, angelic guy who can go kaboom/mad/scary, even if used before, wouldn't be such a bad idea.

Here are a couple of photos. As his normal self...

And as Hannibal.

In my head, though, every time I think of Klaus, I imagine someone along the Christian Bale lines of looks and charisma, but mostly unknown to the audience, hehehe... :P

You have to invite me in.
PandaVamp
Senior Moderator

Postby JenR on Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:40 pm

im sure whoever she chooses will do great. she hasnt disappointed us yet with casting
JenR
Viewer

PreviousNext

Return to The Vampire Diaries Spoilers