Is this true? LOST attraction to Disney World in 2011?

General discussion for 'LOST'

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

Is this true? LOST attraction to Disney World in 2011?

Postby VirginiaCreeper on Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:58 pm

I can't find any other confirmation other than the following, which was sent to me. Just seems a little too detailed for something two years away.

Can Dark UFO confirm?:

Walt Disney Parks and Resorts has announced extensive plans to convert the old Discovery Island in Bay Lake to a new Lost-themed attraction. Lost Island is set to receive guests by the Summer of 2011, a year after the show concludes its six-year run on ABC.

“We strong believe that the show will live on in popularity after its conclusion. This type of show can be successful in syndication for decades and with the advent of DVD—sales of which have been very high for this series—there is clear evidence that Lost will remain popular well after next Spring's series finale," said Celandine Coda, vice chairman of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts.

The immersive experience will bring guests to the islands in disparate ways, providing two distinct experiences per each trip to the island. The attraction is also unique as the exploration of the island in its entirety forms one complete experience, however each area of the island works as an individual attraction.

“We have this great experience for the Swan station which guests get to tour as if they were the survivors first discovering the infamous 'hatch'. But suddenly things go wrong and this station tour becomes a ride! It’s an extension of the Imagineering used in rides such as The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror and Star Tours taken to the next level!", explained Coda.

Imagineers will use similar technology to give the infamous smoke-monster a presence on the island, much like it was displayed in the first season. "There were some obvious issues with depicting the monster the way it's been portrayed in recent seasons so we took a page from those initial episodes and cast the monster into the trees," detailed Coda.

The rest of the article: http://www.disneysfolly.com/2009/06/los ... world.html
VirginiaCreeper
Star Billing

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: Is this true? LOST attraction to Disney World in 2011?

Postby Jeepy on Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:10 pm

Ok, I'll go on it but only if i can sit on Sawyer.
Jeepy
Emmy Nominee

Postby VirginiaCreeper on Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:24 pm

I just want to know if it's true before I get excited.

My dad was childhood/high school friends with the now SVP of Disney World, but they don't keep in touch except for when they see each other. They have a high school reunion coming up later this summer. I wonder if it would be too odd for my dad to pass along a question from his grown daughter regarding a ride at Disney World.
VirginiaCreeper
Star Billing

Postby Michelle on Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:39 pm

That would be so awesome if it's true :D .
Michelle
Emmy Nominee

Postby Thirty-Fiver on Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:41 pm

I can't confirm this whatsoever, but I can say 2 years is not a long time to be planning ahead something like this. Corporations as big as Disney most likely have general plans outlined for the next 15-20 years, so I don't think a detailed plan for an attraction not expected to be open for another 2 years is that odd. :)
It's like doing peyote and sneezing slowly for six hours.
Thirty-Fiver
Emmy Nominee

Postby VirginiaCreeper on Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:45 pm

Thirty-Fiver wrote:I can't confirm this whatsoever, but I can say 2 years is not a long time to be planning ahead something like this. Corporations as big as Disney most likely have general plans outlined for the next 15-20 years, so I don't think a detailed plan for an attraction not expected to be open for another 2 years is that odd. :)

That's true. I should have said released details that extensive so early on.

Reading the entire article, it sounds awsome witch the placing of clues arond the parks months prior to the opening.
VirginiaCreeper
Star Billing

Postby DestinyFound on Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:12 pm

VirginiaCreeper wrote:I can't find any other confirmation other than the following, which was sent to me. Just seems a little too detailed for something two years away.

Can Dark UFO confirm?:

Walt Disney Parks and Resorts has announced extensive plans to convert the old Discovery Island in Bay Lake to a new Lost-themed attraction. Lost Island is set to receive guests by the Summer of 2011, a year after the show concludes its six-year run on ABC.

“We strong believe that the show will live on in popularity after its conclusion. This type of show can be successful in syndication for decades and with the advent of DVD—sales of which have been very high for this series—there is clear evidence that Lost will remain popular well after next Spring's series finale," said Celandine Coda, vice chairman of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts.

The immersive experience will bring guests to the islands in disparate ways, providing two distinct experiences per each trip to the island. The attraction is also unique as the exploration of the island in its entirety forms one complete experience, however each area of the island works as an individual attraction.

“We have this great experience for the Swan station which guests get to tour as if they were the survivors first discovering the infamous 'hatch'. But suddenly things go wrong and this station tour becomes a ride! It’s an extension of the Imagineering used in rides such as The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror and Star Tours taken to the next level!", explained Coda.

Imagineers will use similar technology to give the infamous smoke-monster a presence on the island, much like it was displayed in the first season. "There were some obvious issues with depicting the monster the way it's been portrayed in recent seasons so we took a page from those initial episodes and cast the monster into the trees," detailed Coda.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I m sooooo pumped :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

They should totally do one at DisneyLand instead :D
Cuz I go there every summer to visit family

It can take the place of Tom Sawyer's island
Show Expert for Glee and The Office
DestinyFound
Show Expert

Postby Howey on Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:21 pm

VirginiaCreeper wrote:I can't find any other confirmation other than the following, which was sent to me. Just seems a little too detailed for something two years away.

[i]Walt Disney Parks and Resorts has announced extensive plans to convert the old Discovery Island in Bay Lake to a new Lost-themed attraction. Lost Island is set to receive guests by the Summer of 2011, a year after the show concludes its six-year run on ABC.

I live in Ormond Beach and haven't heard anything.

According to this, it's just a rumor. That guy is probably pimping his blog.

http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/walt-dis ... -ride.html
Howey
Show Expert

Postby klost004 on Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:30 pm

I was JUST in Disney world too...i would have died!!! I would love to see something like this...but won't hold my breath...
Hi I'm Kimmy, & I am a Lostaholic!
click banner for my Youtube Channel
♥ LOST || JATE || Suliet || Skate || PB&J || Jun ♥
I ♥ ALL my LOSTIES
klost004
Guest Star

Postby dunny320 on Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:47 pm

i guess we will find out sooner or later because they said they would be building the statue to be seen from different areas and i think a statue like that would be pretty hard to miss :P
Mafia Timer

BANGARANG!
dunny320
Star Billing

Postby b3rt4 on Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:53 pm

Lol, look at the labels the post is in: Folly and Faux

So definitely made up. ;)

TigerBlood
b3rt4
VIP

Postby DarkUFO on Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:57 pm

Yep, pretty sure it's a fake but I'll try to confirm with my ABC contacts.
DarkUFO
Administrator

Postby DarthLocke on Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:07 pm

This would be neat if it were true....

It would be kewl if they had a roller coaster called 'the smoke monster'
and it would even dip in tunnels under ground :lol: and you could pass other people having other park experiences as if they were also experiening smokey suddenly comming towards them complete with hidden speakers so you can here it before it approaces... :w00t:

(I think I got way to excited about this, considering it may never exist :blush: )

Yet for all their evolution, they form no bonds.
Love does not exist for them. They are incapable of dreaming,
Of contemplating beauty, Of knowing something greater than themselves.
DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby warmislandsun on Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:13 pm

DarthLocke wrote:This would be neat if it were true....

It would be kewl if they had a roller coaster called 'the smoke monster'
and it would even dip in tunnels under ground :lol: and you could pass other people having other park experiences as if they were also experiening smokey suddenly comming towards them complete with hidden speakers so you can here it before it approaces... :w00t:

(I think I got way to excited about this, considering it may never exist :blush: )

That's a great idea - they should hire you if this is true.
warmislandsun
Viewer

Postby Nicole on Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:35 pm

That would be so cool if it was true. :thumbup:
"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that... is just progress."

Nicole
Emmy Winner

Next

Return to Lost Discussion [No spoilers!]