8 weeks on, hows everyone dealing with life without lost?

General discussion for 'LOST'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

8 weeks on, hows everyone dealing with life without lost?

Postby gimmers3000 on Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:42 am

Its 8 weeks to today since I (i presume many others did too) watched the finale and time certainly has gone quickly since then. I want to know how the rest of you are dealing without lost?

I myself haven't had much problems, yes i do miss it, but coming on here every day does help me carry on talking about lost. The one thing i think will change my view is that Comic con is this weekend, and with no Lost its going to be one of the first things that feels odd. So if anyone else is having any trouble dealing with the loss of lost, post below because I'd love to hear about it :)
Get up John, You've got work to do...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZaaw6wOi1Q Best video ever!

September 22, 2004 - May 23, 2010 R.I.P LOST
gimmers3000
Guest Star

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: 8 weeks on, hows everyone dealing with life without lost

Postby Woongo on Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:49 am

I'm rewatching everything and visiting the forums, trying to keep LOST in my life in every way possible. :) Currently finished Cabin Fever on my rewatch.
"No use in having rules if there's no punishment for breaking them." - Locke

Thanks to Devil's Arcade for the signature!

Woongo
Supporting Actor

Postby Island on Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:30 am

Yeah, I'm rewatching and hanging out on forums a lot too. This feels like a hiatus, only worse, and nothing to count down to (except the dvds). Sun in this http://forum.lostpedia.com/82-days-unti ... 518p3.html best describes how I feel :lol: :(
Island
Guest Star

Postby Two Sides on Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:33 am

It's going surprisingly well. Butbthat xould be down to me watching alot more shows now to try and fill the gap left by lost :D so yeah, I'm not missing it much, I think i knew it was ending and I accepted that. I don't feel as though I need any more of lost cos it ended perfectly IMO.
HannaK wrote:I've found my Sawyer to Juliet tbh :wub: :D
Two Sides
Oscar Winner

Postby SmokeyD on Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:10 pm

Pretty the typical 5 stages of grief here...

1) Denial... "No, it isn't over... this is just another joke by Darlton... I think will have a beer :S "
2) Anger... "Wait... it is over, and I hated the finale!!!! I think I will have a beer :cursing: "
3) Bargaining... "Maybe if I start a 'We miss you Darlton Fan Club', they will give us a few more episodes... I thik I will have a beer :huh: "
4) Depression... "It's over, and we never will now what happens to Vincent, I think I will have a beer :cry: "
5) Acceptance... "Hey, I will get to see Glee the day it comes on now!!! I think I will have a beer"

:rofl:
SmokeyD
Show Expert

Postby Devil's Arcade on Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:16 pm

I feels more than 8 weeks, but I am coping. :P
Devil's Arcade
Show Expert

Postby DarthLocke on Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:35 pm

I would say I am prob one of those people that will never let go Lost until I am reunited with it in the FS!

On a more serious note, I think the fact that it is not coming back has really only just begun to sink in. I think when fall and winter come, that's when it's going to feel really weird.

I think coming to the forum everyday really helps and allows us to preserve and relish our loss wether we are going back over questions we still want answers to, or how we all apply seasons six to the rest of the series, or if we are fighting over our view of the ending, or we are particapating in writing activities, I think we have kept LOST very much alive.

I still think there will be some kind of expanded universe--or additional missing pieces sort of things for the franchize in years to come. I am already very much looking forward to the 12 min epilogue regardless of what it reviels...just to see a little more makes me happy.

I am also fortunate that I have FRINGE to look forward to and that TRUE BLOOD is on now. It takes my mind of it for a little while and lets me think about other things.

To say that I miss LOST would be an understatement, but I also know that in my mind that there will never be an end. In one way or another as long as there is an Island [in my heart] I know that life goes on. And that Lost took us on a journey gave us something that is truely art at it's finest. Something very unique and beyond a television show.

Yet for all their evolution, they form no bonds.
Love does not exist for them. They are incapable of dreaming,
Of contemplating beauty, Of knowing something greater than themselves.
DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby TheManInBlack23 on Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:36 pm

Lets just say, that I have cried more in the last 8 weeks than in my entire life. I really should stop rewatching the finale. But, I just miss it so much and I can't believe it's over. :cry:
"He smiles. The plane is gone, finally free of the island. Jack Shephard has done what he came to this place to do. He has found his purpose. He has found love. And been loved. And he has finally found a way to love himself. The bamboo sways across the blue sky. And Jack Shephard's eye closes one final time. He is gone."

TheManInBlack23
Stunt Double

Location: I am tied to a tree in a jungle of mystery A.K.A. Scotland

Postby BirdyMan on Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:39 pm

I have tried to find some new shows, so started with Flashforward, it was pretty good, but then it was only 1 season so that didn't hold to long. Then I checked out some others shows like Supernatural, not good. True Blood, not good. And the worst Fringe, that was awful. :P Maybe the first episode is just bad, but I couldn't watch one episode of it. So now I'm looking for another one. :( So if anyone know any good shows with twists and cliffhangers, please tell me. :(

Bloody big thanks to my sistha Magic Box for making the avatar and the userbar! :D :wub:
And a bloody big thanks to brotha Two Sides for the signature! :D
BirdyMan
Supporting Actor

Postby Leroi22 on Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:55 pm

And the worst Fringe, that was awful.

O.o I think you need to give it a chance. Fringe is my new Lost, SOOOOOO good.

I have been doing like Two Sides and watching new shows. I have watched both seasons of Fringe and I loved it. Then I watched Avatar the Last Airbender which was AWESOME, for a cartoon that is. And now I am rewatching Seinfeld because it is just so stinkin' hilarious! :lol:

Other then that I am busy hanging out or working, so I usually only watch 2 episodes of something a day.
Leroi22
Supporting Actor

Postby freddyMC on Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:20 pm

I've been dealing with it quet well-ish. Denial all the way!! it's not over untill that dvd epilogue and DVD-extras are here! I've rewatched certain epsiodes but I won't do LOST marathons anytime soon, maybe in a year or so...I wanted to do a rewatch so I started with the pilot a couple of weeks ago, and I heard "WAAAAAAAAAAAAALT!!" and saw annoying Shannon and I was like, "no, I ain't dealing with them again!" way too annoying pour moi!
You never know, maybe that epilogue thing will get me lostHIGH all over again :)

As for other shows: I like Bones, but nothing special. Don't feel the need to watch it again soon :)

Fringe: Oh my! I wanted to like it, but I can't stand the voice of the main chick, and she's damn fugly imo. After 6 episodes, I still had no one who I cared for-and that's a bad sign! and I hate "stand alone" episodes, that's ok with CSI etc but I need a huge mysterie arc!

Flashforward: Just laughable, I watched till the first hiatus, and after t was cancelled so I didn't bother to watch again

True Blood: I've watched till episode 8 I think....I like it but it's not like I NEED to watch it, I just want to watch something, anything!

Thank God Grey's Anatomy and Desperate housewives are still on and running, without I would defenitly fall in post-lost depression!

I think I've got way too spoiled with Lost. It grapped me from the start, had me hooked like it did with DH and Grey's. And after those 3, it never happened to me again! I want that spark, I wanna get hooked right away!! :w00t:
I WILL NEVER BE LOST AGAIN.
Being desperate never looked so appealing.....
http://www.spoilertv.co.uk/forum/viewforum.php?f=83
freddyMC
Show Expert

Postby Numb3rs on Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:32 pm

I enjoy Warehouse 13 & Eureka, they pick up the Lost slack on TV. Of course, Fringe when the new season starts.
Numb3rs
Extra

Postby b3rt4 on Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:35 pm

Not missing it at all...

TigerBlood
b3rt4
VIP

Postby Thirty-Fiver on Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:05 pm

I'm sort of content now that we have a complete series to rewatch, but what I really miss is the whole guessing game we all participated in week after week.
It's like doing peyote and sneezing slowly for six hours.
Thirty-Fiver
Emmy Nominee

Postby beresford on Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:22 pm

I hate the feeling that there's not more to come. And I miss the characters terribly. I miss having news about what's to come next for them. But on the other hand, I agree with TS, I've loved the ending, so there's not like I want more to come from Lost (whatever comes I will take it, but well, the ending felt like a true ending for me). And I love the feeling of a complete journey that you can watch backwards if you want to. But yeah, it's hard. I think next year will be worse though because right now, there's still the illusion that it's just another hiatus.

About other shows, I am a tv-shows addicted, I watch a looot of them, love some of them and watch others just for the sake of watching them, but there is nothing I can think will ever be Lost-level. The best thing another tv show can aim for, as far as I am concerned, is, well, to be the best tv show. But Lost was much more than a tv show for me. Still is. So I can't imagine any other thing having the same impact for me as Lost did, and I am not even sure I want to. This is too addictive.
Come and participate in the Ultimate Lost Episode List Countdown! Guess the next ones and join the discussion! Now Back to Active!!

Damon Lindelof wrote:Killing off Juliet was was one of the stupidest things I’ve ever done in my career(...) the guilt of executing a character who is so clearly beloved by the audience

Heiots wrote:beresford is Juliet King! Just can't argue that fact.
beresford
Emmy Nominee

Next

Return to Lost Discussion [No spoilers!]