8 weeks on, hows everyone dealing with life without lost?

General discussion for 'LOST'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

Re: 8 weeks on, hows everyone dealing with life without lost

Postby gimmers3000 on Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:50 am

Two Sides wrote:
gimmers3000 wrote:I know this post hasn't been replied on for over 3 months now but instead of making another tread thought I would post here.

27 weeks or 6 months, however you look at it where the hell has the last 6 months gone!!! I remember the anticipation and all of the theories that were being posted on this board this time last year, makes me feel even more sad about Lost when the board i would post on every day has now become a weekly thing :( . Just wondering how you have all been coping over the last 6 months? I know it wont get any easier as the weeks go by either :(

It's been a quick half year!!

It's not being without Lost for 6 months that gets to me, it's that i'm only now coming to the realisation that it's finished! As stupid as it sounds, only recently it's sunk in that there is no more lost :cry:


I know dude its the same for me! I was watching the 5th season again with my cousin and i remebered how excited i was this time last year about the final season only a few months away and in comparison to know there is nothing about Lost to look forward too :( its not just you I have my moments where I really miss Lost and realise that there is no more!
Get up John, You've got work to do...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZaaw6wOi1Q Best video ever!

September 22, 2004 - May 23, 2010 R.I.P LOST
User avatar
gimmers3000
Guest Star
 
Posts: 494
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:14 pm
Location: Bath, England
Gender: Male


Ads are removed for registered users






Ads are removed for registered users

Re: 8 weeks on, hows everyone dealing with life without lost

Postby Gary Troup on Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:52 am

I'm the same :(

I'm expecting next year to come around and season 7 to start :cry:
User avatar
Gary Troup
Star Billing
 
Posts: 1391
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:29 am
Location: Sheffield, England
Gender: Male

Re: 8 weeks on, hows everyone dealing with life without lost

Postby Two Sides on Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:55 am

gimmers3000 wrote:I know dude its the same for me! I was watching the 5th season again with my cousin and i remebered how excited i was this time last year about the final season only a few months away and in comparison to know there is nothing about Lost to look forward too :( its not just you I have my moments where I really miss Lost and realise that there is no more!

Oh goshh i know what you mean with the anticipation for the final season! Especially after the season 5 finale! The first 15 minutes of The Incident, with Jacob in his room, with the pedal thing (can't remember what it's called!), and then he goes out and MIB pops up... i'd never been so excited, by anything! It's hard to think we'll probably never get that again!
Image
HannaK wrote:I've found my Sawyer to Juliet tbh :wub: :D
User avatar
Two Sides
Oscar Winner
 
Posts: 6674
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:30 am
Location: Browsing the intense!
Gender: Male

Re: 8 weeks on, hows everyone dealing with life without lost

Postby Fran182 on Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:48 am

Hard to believe it's been more than six months since the series finale. Time flies... :O

I have been dealing well with life without Lost, I think. I simply miss the anticipation for every new episode so much. It sucks to know I will never feel that enthusiasm again... :cry:
Fran182
Viewer
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:55 pm
Gender: Male

Re: 8 weeks on, hows everyone dealing with life without lost

Postby LittleMissAngel on Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:35 am

Wow, I've only just realized... it's been half a year since the finale :O My goodness, time really went by. Fortunately, I'm rewatching, so I can look forward to the next episode, although there's no set schedule, so I don't know when that will be. When I'm finished, I know I'll be a little sad.

I miss the excitement though. I've been excited for a lot of things in life, but my excitement for Lost is unparalleled.
Image
"No matter how much time you spend on the island, you just never get tired of this view."
User avatar
LittleMissAngel
Viewer
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 5:55 pm
Location: Vancouver
Gender: Female

Re: 8 weeks on, hows everyone dealing with life without lost

Postby Leroi22 on Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:03 am

6 months already?!??!?! WOW....I am going to be getting the complete series on bluray soon and I will start my rewatch, so that will help nullify the void slightly. :thumbsup:
Image
User avatar
Leroi22
Supporting Actor
 
Posts: 963
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:02 pm
Location: United States
Gender: Male

Re: 8 weeks on, hows everyone dealing with life without lost

Postby xplrngLOST23 on Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:20 am

i watched every episode of this show so many times, it'll be 30 years or senility before i can enjoy it afresh. :)
Last edited by xplrngLOST23 on Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
"...remember and let go." :)
User avatar
xplrngLOST23
Supporting Actor
 
Posts: 552
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:21 pm
Gender: Male

Re: 8 weeks on, hows everyone dealing with life without lost

Postby gimmers3000 on Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:59 am

Dunno if I mentioned it but I actually got to see Matthew Fox in the flesh when he was at Arsenal vs Tottenham last month! Wish I was closer to him, as I would have got a picture, but I actually saw him and I'll die a happy man now :)

Haha yeah I have watched every episode too many times too xplrng! And yeah since I got a job in HMV I get staff discount now so the complete collection on blu ray is heading my way soon!


Another sentimental note, think of the spoilers we'd be getting this time of the year over the past couple of years! Awesome spoilers and even better when it came to the episode! Miss you Lost :(
Get up John, You've got work to do...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZaaw6wOi1Q Best video ever!

September 22, 2004 - May 23, 2010 R.I.P LOST
User avatar
gimmers3000
Guest Star
 
Posts: 494
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:14 pm
Location: Bath, England
Gender: Male

Re: 8 weeks on, hows everyone dealing with life without lost

Postby Thirty-Fiver on Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:10 am

gimmers3000 wrote:Haha yeah I have watched every episode too many times too xplrng! And yeah since I got a job in HMV I get staff discount now so the complete collection on blu ray is heading my way soon!


Another sentimental note, think of the spoilers we'd be getting this time of the year over the past couple of years! Awesome spoilers and even better when it came to the episode! Miss you Lost :(

Yea, I've watched the seasons so many times (except S6; wanted it to be fresh when I do a rewatch) that I'm waiting until next year to do a rewatch.

I was thinking about spoilers just the other day. I was reminiscing a bit and looking at all the S6 spoilers, and reading the comments and what not. It instantly brought me back to those exciting days. I want them back. :(
Image
It's like doing peyote and sneezing slowly for six hours.
User avatar
Thirty-Fiver
Emmy Nominee
 
Posts: 2785
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:26 pm
Location: North Cackalacky
Gender: Male

Re: 8 weeks on, hows everyone dealing with life without lost

Postby gimmers3000 on Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:44 am

Thirty-Fiver wrote:
gimmers3000 wrote:Haha yeah I have watched every episode too many times too xplrng! And yeah since I got a job in HMV I get staff discount now so the complete collection on blu ray is heading my way soon!


Another sentimental note, think of the spoilers we'd be getting this time of the year over the past couple of years! Awesome spoilers and even better when it came to the episode! Miss you Lost :(

Yea, I've watched the seasons so many times (except S6; wanted it to be fresh when I do a rewatch) that I'm waiting until next year to do a rewatch.

I was thinking about spoilers just the other day. I was reminiscing a bit and looking at all the S6 spoilers, and reading the comments and what not. It instantly brought me back to those exciting days. I want them back. :(



I know what you mean thirty-fiver. Especially the spoilers where we all therorized about something that came true! Dammit i'm about to start my 2nd rewatch of Lost, before the years even over I bet i'll finish haha
Get up John, You've got work to do...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZaaw6wOi1Q Best video ever!

September 22, 2004 - May 23, 2010 R.I.P LOST
User avatar
gimmers3000
Guest Star
 
Posts: 494
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:14 pm
Location: Bath, England
Gender: Male

Re: 8 weeks on, hows everyone dealing with life without lost

Postby nitou13 on Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:06 pm

I can't believe lost has been over for more than six months :( The final seems so close and so far at the same time. How am I dealing with it ? Well, two months ago, I was still doing fine. There were so many things going on : the auction, the complete collection. I also went to a lost party in Paris. But today : nothing. Of course, I still do have the "encyclopedia" to read and I'm doing my rewatch (I've just finished season 1) with Jay and Jack (which is a lot of fun. There are so many clues to things that happened in the rest of the seasons it's crazy ! ). But apart of that, I feel like it's really the end now. I realize that there isn't going to be a seventh season, no more scoops from "lost" planet. I don't feel really bad or sad but I just can't let it go yet. And what I probably miss the most is the feelings associated to lost : the state of waiting after each episode, the tears, the laughs, the joy, the sadness, the fear,.. All of that ! There are so many other shows I love, but none of them has ever captivated me as lost did. :)
This is a place that you all made together, so you can find one another. The most important part of your life was the time that you spent with those people. That's why you're all here. Nobody does it alone Jack. You needed them and they needed you.

Image
User avatar
nitou13
Viewer
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:44 pm
Location: Belgium
Gender: Female

Re: 8 weeks on, hows everyone dealing with life without lost

Postby TheManInBlack23 on Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:16 pm

To put it simply...I'm lost.

And sad.
"He smiles. The plane is gone, finally free of the island. Jack Shephard has done what he came to this place to do. He has found his purpose. He has found love. And been loved. And he has finally found a way to love himself. The bamboo sways across the blue sky. And Jack Shephard's eye closes one final time. He is gone."


Image
Image

User avatar
TheManInBlack23
Stunt Double
 
Posts: 247
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:42 am
Location: I am tied to a tree in a jungle of mystery A.K.A. Scotland
Gender: Male

Re: 8 weeks on, hows everyone dealing with life without lost

Postby gimmers3000 on Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:39 am

nitou13 wrote:I can't believe lost has been over for more than six months :( The final seems so close and so far at the same time. How am I dealing with it ? Well, two months ago, I was still doing fine. There were so many things going on : the auction, the complete collection. I also went to a lost party in Paris. But today : nothing. Of course, I still do have the "encyclopedia" to read and I'm doing my rewatch (I've just finished season 1) with Jay and Jack (which is a lot of fun. There are so many clues to things that happened in the rest of the seasons it's crazy ! ). But apart of that, I feel like it's really the end now. I realize that there isn't going to be a seventh season, no more scoops from "lost" planet. I don't feel really bad or sad but I just can't let it go yet. And what I probably miss the most is the feelings associated to lost : the state of waiting after each episode, the tears, the laughs, the joy, the sadness, the fear,.. All of that ! There are so many other shows I love, but none of them has ever captivated me as lost did. :)


Yeah I agree with you when you mentioned that it has finally come to the end of the line and there will be no more Lost. The inactivity on this board is more proof. Lets hope that some news comes out soon about other projects from cast members because seeing them on TV, albeit a different show/film, will bring back good memories of lost.
Get up John, You've got work to do...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZaaw6wOi1Q Best video ever!

September 22, 2004 - May 23, 2010 R.I.P LOST
User avatar
gimmers3000
Guest Star
 
Posts: 494
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:14 pm
Location: Bath, England
Gender: Male

Re: 8 weeks on, hows everyone dealing with life without lost

Postby Thirty-Fiver on Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:46 pm

gimmers3000 wrote:The inactivity on this board is more proof.

I can't believe how quiet it's got since the finale. Their were so many die hard fans on the boards when the show was on that I thought we'd still have a good deal of traffic afterwards. Not that I blame them, or that I'm still as active as I once was. I just didn't expect it to drop off as much as it did.

While Lost was on I was in this Lost email circle, of sorts, and we'd discuss the show just as we all did here, but when the show ended we started up a private little blog for ourselves so we could bypass all the emails. For a while there we were filling in the blanks on some of the mysteries, coming up with backstories for the Island pre-Jacob, etc. But even that didn't last longer than two months. We tried our best to extend our Lost experience and just couldn't.
Image
It's like doing peyote and sneezing slowly for six hours.
User avatar
Thirty-Fiver
Emmy Nominee
 
Posts: 2785
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:26 pm
Location: North Cackalacky
Gender: Male

Re: 8 weeks on, hows everyone dealing with life without lost

Postby Mellow on Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:52 pm

Normally we would all be psyched for the end of the hiatus now. :(
♥Mellowsplints♥
Image
Shows I watch: Lost, Six Feet Under, Skins, Glee, V, Scrubs, Misfits, True Blood, The OC, New Girl, Happy Endings, Fresh Meat Gossip Girl, Life Unexpected, The Tribe, Once Upon A Time, Freaks & Geeks,
My So Called Life, Girlfriends, Desperate Housewives, Being Human, How I Met Your Mother, Pretty Little Liars
User avatar
Mellow
Show Expert
 
Posts: 1829
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:58 pm
Gender: Male

PreviousNext

Return to Lost Discussion [No spoilers!]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 6 guests