8 weeks on, hows everyone dealing with life without lost?

General discussion for 'LOST'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

Re: 8 weeks on, hows everyone dealing with life without lost

Postby Angous on Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:38 am

I began Fringe, Dexter and Breaking Bad but LOST will stay in my life at the most beautiful show that humanity ever made ^^ (fandom :D )
Angous
Stunt Double
 
Posts: 213
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:57 pm
Gender: Male


Ads are removed for registered users






Ads are removed for registered users

Re: 8 weeks on, hows everyone dealing with life without lost

Postby vader182 on Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:44 am

I'm handling it a lot better than I thought. I'm so busy, and I've been so absorbed in Inception and rewatching BSG with my girlfriend that I've managed to allow my mind to distant itself from the show as much as possible. However, that's not to say that whenever the show does pop into my head, I don't get almost depressed, because I do.
Spoiler (Click to reveal/hide)
We will be found in the end. 5.23.10

Image
My theory that explains the whole show: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=19711&hilit=the+light+side+of+the+force
sXe
User avatar
vader182
Emmy Nominee
 
Posts: 1913
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:59 am
Location: The White City
Gender: Male

Re: 8 weeks on, hows everyone dealing with life without lost

Postby DarthLocke on Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:33 pm

Lockes disciple wrote:I didn't mean to make fun of vampire mythology. I actually enjoy a vampire story every now and again. I'm just not someone that would watch a series on vampires or be a huge van of a particular story. I just don't have that much interest in vampire-lore but it can, at times, be very cool science fiction to watch.

I watched "Blade" mainly because of the action sequences. I watched "Underworld" primarily because of the action, but also because I liked the cinematography and the special effects were decent. "From Dusk Till Dawn" was stupid, but it was funny so I really enjoyed it despite it being extremely corny. It was just a great "low-budget-type" horror flick which I think Tarantino intended it to be.

I still remember laughing at "The Lost Boys" (which I loved) as a kid. It was so funny at the end when Corey Haim and Corey Feldman go to kill Kiefer Sutherland who they thought was the head vampire but the curse isn't lifted from their brother. Then that night they have spaghetti for dinner and find out Haims' mom's date is in fact the head vampire and they wonder, "How did he get in our house?" And it get's explained, "Oh, a vampire can only come in your house if you INVITE him in. If you don't invite him in your safe." :rofl:

WHAT? So all we have to do is be more prudent about who we invite to dinner? :rofl: Obviously it was just a metaphor for allowing the evil in your domain and so I understood it and that's cool. But that was pretty funny to me. Corey was like, "Put more garlic in the pasta that will let us know if its a vampire. Wait a minute, he's eating it and he's not melting... well I guess he's ok." :rofl:



Lost Boys deserves this kind of banter! :lol: --like you it's just something I liked as a kid...and now as an adult it's amusing just seeing 24-hour-Jack-Bauer looking like he should have been singing "Rock the Cradle of Love" and maybe movie travel to The Laberynth :lol:


But the other stuff I like because it's more serious. Anne Rice really hooked me with Interview with the Vampire because she created these characters that were deliously flawed as one talks himself into being a sort of rock star-when in fact through out the series he really is rather desprate, while the man he turned is forever depressed and lives in guilt for ever have choosing this life instead of death.

Vampire Princess Miyu and Blood have simula themes as they fight demons...Blood live action is a bit wuxia (matrix, croutching tiger, house of flying daggers) and Miyu's art is just SO beautiful.

True Blood just has these crazy rich characters, but really Sookie is this being that seems to be trying to bring the good back in other beings (brings them back to their humanity). It is exceptionally graphic and adul like--but the whole show is really a metophor for xenophobia (being araid of anything differant than yourself).

Vampires are a great way to show socio-political motivations in a society. --Like having rules--like laws just as people do--and what happens if others break those laws--who to, and what to we be loyale to? -what are we living for? --this are things that usually go hand in hand with super natural creatures. And this idea that we could chose to be deadlier...have more control over eachother with these super natural abilities...
Image
Image

Yet for all their evolution, they form no bonds.
Love does not exist for them. They are incapable of dreaming,
Of contemplating beauty, Of knowing something greater than themselves.
User avatar
DarthLocke
Show Expert
 
Posts: 7904
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:33 pm
Location: The Swan of Island's Past.
Gender: Female

Re: 8 weeks on, hows everyone dealing with life without lost

Postby polarbearbones on Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:40 pm

I miss it a lot. Once "The New Man in Charge" ends i might cry all over again. I think it's really going to hit me when all the shows start their seasons again and I realize that LOST really isn't coming back =[. I still visit DarkUFO and i'm new to this place (i signed up to help deal with the loss). I'm looking forward to the Complete Collection next month. My sister is taking all the regular DVDs away with her and I'm taking the series collection but I won't be able to start a rewatch right away since I start college like 4 days later.
"The most important part of your life was spent with these people."
polarbearbones
Viewer
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:04 pm
Gender: Male

Re: 8 weeks on, hows everyone dealing with life without lost

Postby DarthLocke on Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:15 pm

polarbearbones wrote:I miss it a lot. Once "The New Man in Charge" ends i might cry all over again. I think it's really going to hit me when all the shows start their seasons again and I realize that LOST really isn't coming back =[. I still visit DarkUFO and i'm new to this place (i signed up to help deal with the loss). I'm looking forward to the Complete Collection next month. My sister is taking all the regular DVDs away with her and I'm taking the series collection but I won't be able to start a rewatch right away since I start college like 4 days later.



Welcomw polarbearbones !!!!!!! :)

It really is hard and I think I will start sobbing too after I see "The New Man in Charge" --granted at this point the Pilot makes me teary-eyed :cry:

That's really kewl that you and your sis both watch Lost! Did you guys watch it together?? --I watched it with my mom :blush: , but I have never yet to watch it with someone closer to my age! --I think that could be fun.
Image
Image

Yet for all their evolution, they form no bonds.
Love does not exist for them. They are incapable of dreaming,
Of contemplating beauty, Of knowing something greater than themselves.
User avatar
DarthLocke
Show Expert
 
Posts: 7904
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:33 pm
Location: The Swan of Island's Past.
Gender: Female

Re: 8 weeks on, hows everyone dealing with life without lost

Postby gimmers3000 on Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:29 pm

DarthLocke wrote:
polarbearbones wrote:I miss it a lot. Once "The New Man in Charge" ends i might cry all over again. I think it's really going to hit me when all the shows start their seasons again and I realize that LOST really isn't coming back =[. I still visit DarkUFO and i'm new to this place (i signed up to help deal with the loss). I'm looking forward to the Complete Collection next month. My sister is taking all the regular DVDs away with her and I'm taking the series collection but I won't be able to start a rewatch right away since I start college like 4 days later.



Welcomw polarbearbones !!!!!!! :)

It really is hard and I think I will start sobbing too after I see "The New Man in Charge" --granted at this point the Pilot makes me teary-eyed :cry:

That's really kewl that you and your sis both watch Lost! Did you guys watch it together?? --I watched it with my mom :blush: , but I have never yet to watch it with someone closer to my age! --I think that could be fun.


Don't worry Darth I watched it with my mum too! She never understood, nor cared, for lost as much as I do but she still enjoyed watching it. The only other person who I would watch it with would be my cousin who 5 years younger than me!

And yeah polarbearbones, I think watching the new footage is going to be emotional, especially as it will be the last footage we will EVER see of Lost :(
Get up John, You've got work to do...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZaaw6wOi1Q Best video ever!

September 22, 2004 - May 23, 2010 R.I.P LOST
User avatar
gimmers3000
Guest Star
 
Posts: 494
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:14 pm
Location: Bath, England
Gender: Male

Re: 8 weeks on, hows everyone dealing with life without lost

Postby jacobthesnakob on Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:37 pm

I'm on a rewatch just now, just watched The Man from Tallahassee the other day. Still amazing. Started reading the 3rd Policeman aswell, weird but good.
jacobthesnakob
Viewer
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:44 pm
Gender: Male

Re: 8 weeks on, hows everyone dealing with life without lost

Postby Nuggen on Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:31 am

I have discovered Doctor Who. I have fallen in love with TENnant and lost him and now I'm having a ball watching Eleven!

And Torchwood, and Sarah Jane Adventures and the old Whos....

What's this LOST of which you speak? :lol:

ETA: I'm not trolling, I loved LOST. A LOT. I was having withdrawal and then found my new obsession.
All of time and space; everywhere and anywhere; every star that ever was. Where do you want to start?
User avatar
Nuggen
Stunt Double
 
Posts: 244
Joined: Wed May 21, 2008 7:08 am
Location: Hiding Out in the TARDIS
Gender: Female

Re: 8 weeks on, hows everyone dealing with life without lost

Postby oni-link1 on Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:56 pm

I'll rewatch the first season of Fringe.

I started this show last year, and I enjoyed it a lot. The characters on Fringe have something that make them "likable"lol. And I haven't seen the second season yet so, I think it's time for me to do some catching up.
And like I said in another post, I started HIMYM a few weeks ago...this kind of show is the best medicine to forget Lost a little bit. I needed something different after Lost, and it turned out HIMYM was exactly what I was looking for.

I might wanna take a look at Dexter. I've heard so much about it...mostly positive ;).
User avatar
oni-link1
Stunt Double
 
Posts: 234
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:55 pm
Location: France
Gender: Male

Re: 8 weeks on, hows everyone dealing with life without lost

Postby Gideon on Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:45 pm

The first season of Fringe is pretty weak at some points, but about five episodes from the end it gets good, especially the finale. The second season only gets better and better as they develop a continuing mythology.
User avatar
Gideon
Stunt Double
 
Posts: 207
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:00 am
Gender: Male

Re: 8 weeks on, hows everyone dealing with life without lost

Postby Leroi22 on Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:33 pm

The first season of Fringe is pretty weak at some points


I see a lot of people say the same thing, but I personally thought ALL of season 1 was amazing. I may be alone here, but I had no problems with season 1.
Image
User avatar
Leroi22
Supporting Actor
 
Posts: 963
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:02 pm
Location: United States
Gender: Male

Re: 8 weeks on, hows everyone dealing with life without lost

Postby rtterry3225 on Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:18 pm

Leroi22 wrote:
The first season of Fringe is pretty weak at some points


I see a lot of people say the same thing, but I personally thought ALL of season 1 was amazing. I may be alone here, but I had no problems with season 1.


You are not alone! Fringe had me at "...Dunham..."
Image
For: Haven and Fringe

Follow me on Twitter!
Follow me on FaceBook!
User avatar
rtterry3225
Show Expert
 
Posts: 150
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:30 pm
Location: Chickasaw, AL
Gender: Male

Re: 8 weeks on, hows everyone dealing with life without lost

Postby oni-link1 on Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:58 pm

Gideon wrote:The first season of Fringe is pretty weak at some points, but about five episodes from the end it gets good, especially the finale. The second season only gets better and better as they develop a continuing mythology.


As I recall, I think I loved the first season from the beginning to the end ^^.

But I look forward to seeing it, and I hope it'll be at least as good as the first season. It seems it will....I think this show will live for another couple of years at least.
User avatar
oni-link1
Stunt Double
 
Posts: 234
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:55 pm
Location: France
Gender: Male

Re: 8 weeks on, hows everyone dealing with life without lost

Postby Leroi22 on Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:51 pm

oni-link1 wrote:
Gideon wrote:The first season of Fringe is pretty weak at some points, but about five episodes from the end it gets good, especially the finale. The second season only gets better and better as they develop a continuing mythology.


As I recall, I think I loved the first season from the beginning to the end ^^.

But I look forward to seeing it, and I hope it'll be at least as good as the first season. It seems it will....I think this show will live for another couple of years at least.


You are not alone! Fringe had me at "...Dunham..."


Glad to see I'm not alone in my love for season one! :thumbsup:
Image
User avatar
Leroi22
Supporting Actor
 
Posts: 963
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:02 pm
Location: United States
Gender: Male

Re: 8 weeks on, hows everyone dealing with life without lost

Postby LOSTMeggy on Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:41 pm

I miss LOST everday!!!!! :( But these boards keep me going :D

I also started watching Fringe which is great and True Blood is back on the air. True Blood is my current obsession, but it will never top LOST.

I miss my Jack, Hurley, Desmond, etc...
"I've missed you so much..."
User avatar
LOSTMeggy
Stunt Double
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:27 pm
Location: CT
Gender: Female

PreviousNext

Return to Lost Discussion [No spoilers!]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 17 guests

cron