8 weeks on, hows everyone dealing with life without lost?

General discussion for 'LOST'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

Re: 8 weeks on, hows everyone dealing with life without lost

Postby Leroi22 on Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:49 pm

I don't think it will REALLY hit me until we are into March and April and I still haven't seen any new Lost episodes yet. As of right now it just feels like a hiatus, nothing really different honestly.
Leroi22
Supporting Actor

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby BirdyMan on Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:01 pm

I'm suprised so many like Fringe, I couldn't even take the whole first episode, I got bored. I watched to the part (Spoiler for episode 1 of fringe. :P )
Spoiler (Click to reveal/hide)
Where..eh...the main character talks to that guy stuck in the prison or whatever
I couldn't take more than that. :( I should probably give it more time and atleast watch some more episodes before I judge it, but I can't be bothered. :P

I can't find any new shows I can watch. :( I have searched and searched, but nooope. :(

Bloody big thanks to my sistha Magic Box for making the avatar and the userbar! :D :wub:
And a bloody big thanks to brotha Two Sides for the signature! :D
BirdyMan
Supporting Actor

Postby Leroi22 on Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:38 pm

Birdyman, it sounds like you didn't give Fringe a fair shake. I think you would end up loving it if you just gave it a chance...and at least finish the first episode. :lol:
Leroi22
Supporting Actor

Postby milesismyhero on Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:42 pm

I've never gotten into Fringe either, I watched it but I almost always seems to lose my focus and think of other things instead of watch the show. It's certainly no new Lost for me. I still have the last episodes of season 2 left to watch but I can't find any motivation to watch them (one reason for that could be that I'm already heavily spoiled on what's gonna happen.)

The only other shows that come near lost to me is Dr Who (only watched the new version) and Torchwood (start with season 3 if you want to get right into the good part of the show, season 1 is kind of slow) but sadly I watched both of them this spring so I'm done with them to. But if you haven't watched them I recommend them.

So instead of having something new to watch I come here and participate in various countdowns and such. I didn't join here until Lost was over but now I can't leave.
would like to change my username to MrsJiggyFly :wub:
milesismyhero
Extra

Postby SmokeyD on Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:34 pm

I love fringe, so I really don't want to get into a debate about it on this thread. But I will admit that it took me a few shows to start to really 'get' it...

But back to After-LOST... I remember way back when the discussions on this board were more along the lines of things like "Are they going to answer about the rope bridge... the Hurley Bird, the power, etc...

Seems to me if we knew then what they were actually going to address, it would have changed a lot of what people though about it...
SmokeyD
Show Expert

Postby Leroi22 on Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:47 pm

I love fringe, so I really don't want to get into a debate about it on this thread. But I will admit that it took me a few shows to start to really 'get' it...

Very true! Its not like the first couple of episodes are bad, its just that way with any show. You need to get to know the characters and their motives and learn why they are there. Seriously the Olivia/Peter/Walter trio dynamic is amongst my favorites of any show besides Lost and its fantastic ensemble.
Leroi22
Supporting Actor

Postby Numb3rs on Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:59 pm

Until Fringe starts I'm watching Warehouse 13 & Eureka. Also watching Farscape again, have the complete series on DVD.
Numb3rs
Extra

Postby Leroi22 on Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:50 pm

I'm watching Friday Night Lights and rewatching Seinfeld. Two VERY good shows!
Leroi22
Supporting Actor

Postby gimmers3000 on Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:56 pm

Leroi22 wrote:

Very true! Its not like the first couple of episodes are bad, its just that way with any show. You need to get to know the characters and their motives and learn why they are there. Seriously the Olivia/Peter/Walter trio dynamic is amongst my favorites of any show besides Lost and its fantastic ensemble.

Yeah I agree with you Leroi, maybe even throw Astrid into the mix as well she has some cool moments with Walter.

Also I'm half way through my season 2 re watch and iv'e noticed how much Claire and Aaron were thought to be together, and Aaron was special etc. Makes me a bit annoyed we never got any true answers to Aaron, nor Claires reunion with him. But we get Jin and Sun reunion, which we had seen about 3 times before!
Get up John, You've got work to do...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZaaw6wOi1Q Best video ever!

September 22, 2004 - May 23, 2010 R.I.P LOST
gimmers3000
Guest Star

Postby RobertoBOZ on Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:18 am

I was bored too with Fringe at the beginning. The 4th episode got me interested, the 7th got me more interested, but the second half of season 2 got me really hooked. This show will become one of the great, if they don't stretch it out. I've heard they planned for 5 seasons.

Another tip for a series to follow is to watch Babylon 5. I'll admit, its very outdated, but I've watched it for the first time two years ago and it is awesome! It has a lot in common with Lost(great character development, mysteries, a great arc) and it's truly a epic. The reason for this is that the show has been written(well, outlined) 5 seasons in advance and that really pays off. Small references in the early episodes become more significant in the latter seasons, so it's just like you're reading a great book.

Truly one of the best out there!
RobertoBOZ
Viewer

Postby SmokeyD on Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:48 am

RobertoBOZ wrote:Another tip for a series to follow is to watch Babylon 5.
Truly one of the best out there!

You speak so much the truth sir, Babylon 5 (IMHO) was probably on of the most under-appreciated series going, and as much I as cherish it... it did make some mistakes. But overall it was a well thought out, well written, (And extremely well acted... for the most part) science fiction series... And it didn't insult the viewer while treating us as adults...

It does not get enough credit, but then I also beleive that Farscape didn't get enough credit either (But for different reasons)...

But definately a great show... I agree and second the recomendation :thumbsup: ...
SmokeyD
Show Expert

Postby rtterry3225 on Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:19 am

Numb3rs wrote:Until Fringe starts I'm watching Warehouse 13 & Eureka. Also watching Farscape again, have the complete series on DVD.

I personally just caught up on all of EUReKA in one big marathon watch. I love that show, it's not Lost, but it has a way of keeping me wanting to watch. There is a part of it that reminds me of why I loved Lost. That's the way they make the show plots, where there is always some disaster, or some crazy thing happening. It just reminds me of how in Lost there was always some problem that needed fixing.
For: Haven and Fringe

Follow me on Twitter!
Follow me on FaceBook!
rtterry3225
Show Expert

Postby DharmaLager on Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:29 am

Good to know I'm not the only one giving love to Warehouse 13. I'm not caught up in Eureka (still on Season 1) to watch it yet.
DharmaLager
Show Expert

Postby Numb3rs on Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:06 am

Eureka reminds of a "Sci-Fi Northern Exposure." Loved that show too.
Numb3rs
Extra

Postby SmokeyD on Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:37 pm

Warehouse 13 has become somewhat a 'guilty pleasure', I don't see it as true sci fi as much as I just think its just a lot of fun to watch. My only gripe with Warehouse (And, please know that I watch it religiously) is that it is pretty much a direct rip off of the old 'Friday the 13th' series, but not as dark...

Eureka is closer (IMHO) to sci fi, but not much. I see both of them as nice, light hearted, diversion. I don't scrutinize either show with the same eye as I did Lost. But truth be told, I think in hindsite that I over scrutinized LOST to begin with...

Back to the thread topic, I don't think anything will ever be able to repeat what LOST did, (nor do I think I would want something too). But it would be nice if someone could come up with something along the same line though...

OH, and btw... great shout out numb3rs!!! :thumbsup:, Nothern Exposure was absolutely fantastic up until Joel (Rob Morrow) essentially left (I seem to remember there was a lot of behind the scenes drama and contract stuff going on there)...

I never saw a great show go down hill so quickly... :cry:
SmokeyD
Show Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Lost Discussion [No spoilers!]