Lost Box Set

General discussion for 'LOST'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

Re: Lost Box Set

Postby Zarti1 on Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:45 pm

RobertoBOZ wrote:Well I think it's a bummer that Exodus on the bluray has been cut to three episodes, I don't understand why.

And isn't there a version of the entire pilot, not the 2-part cut?

I have no idea. I used to have the seperate DVD boxes, and things were already like you say they are now on the Blu-Ray.

Anyway, I should've paid 10 euros more and ordered on Free Record Shop :) Those guys have all received their boxes on Monday last week, or even sooner. I ordered on Fnac because it was a little cheaper, and I haven't even gotten message that it's sent yet :( Well, I'm not back home until Friday, so it doesn't matter if it arrives tomorrow or Friday... As long as it arrives this week, otherwise, I'm gonna be quite annoyed :D
Zarti1
Viewer

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby RobertoBOZ on Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:23 pm

Zarti1 wrote:
RobertoBOZ wrote:Well I think it's a bummer that Exodus on the bluray has been cut to three episodes, I don't understand why.

And isn't there a version of the entire pilot, not the 2-part cut?

I have no idea. I used to have the seperate DVD boxes, and things were already like you say they are now on the Blu-Ray.

Anyway, I should've paid 10 euros more and ordered on Free Record Shop :) Those guys have all received their boxes on Monday last week, or even sooner. I ordered on Fnac because it was a little cheaper, and I haven't even gotten message that it's sent yet :( Well, I'm not back home until Friday, so it doesn't matter if it arrives tomorrow or Friday... As long as it arrives this week, otherwise, I'm gonna be quite annoyed :D

yeah but u live in Belgium. On the US Region 1 DVD´s it was Exodus part 2 as one 80-minute episode.
RobertoBOZ
Viewer

Postby Zarti1 on Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:39 pm

I finally received my box today. It looks amazing, I was ecstatic, until I opened it up. The box with the Senet game wasn't there :S I checked it out, and apparently there are plenty of other people in Belgium and Holland with the same problem. I called a friend of mine just now who also ordered the box, and he doesn't have the Senet box either.

I contacted both the store I bought it at (it's not their fault really, they just get the box and sell it, they can't look inside of it or anything), and I also contacted Disney. You guys think Disney is simply going to send me that little Senet box, or what? :(

I wait for this thing half a year, and then some retard forgets to put in the contents :roll:
Zarti1
Viewer

Postby maureen on Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:17 am

I bought the complete blue ray set here in the US at Best Buy. I love it to death and it looks so cool. Does anyone know where I can get the contents of the Best Buy bonus disc that came with season 6 ? None of the features were posted to Youtube.

I'm going to write to Best Buy and complain that I should have gotten the bonus disc too since I purchased season 6 from them too and why should I be penalized just because I spent more money. They will probably ignore the request but you never know. Can't hurt. But if anyone has any ideas on where to get those features I would appreciate hearing about it.
maureen
Viewer

Postby Joshua on Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:46 am

Zarti1 wrote:I finally received my box today. It looks amazing, I was ecstatic, until I opened it up. The box with the Senet game wasn't there :S I checked it out, and apparently there are plenty of other people in Belgium and Holland with the same problem. I called a friend of mine just now who also ordered the box, and he doesn't have the Senet box either.

I contacted both the store I bought it at (it's not their fault really, they just get the box and sell it, they can't look inside of it or anything), and I also contacted Disney. You guys think Disney is simply going to send me that little Senet box, or what? :(

I wait for this thing half a year, and then some retard forgets to put in the contents :roll:

That's awful!!! Does it mention Senet on the box contents?
Joshua
Forum Moderator

Postby Zarti1 on Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:41 am

PenguinJosh wrote:
Zarti1 wrote:I finally received my box today. It looks amazing, I was ecstatic, until I opened it up. The box with the Senet game wasn't there :S I checked it out, and apparently there are plenty of other people in Belgium and Holland with the same problem. I called a friend of mine just now who also ordered the box, and he doesn't have the Senet box either.

That's awful!!! Does it mention Senet on the box contents?

Not really, but neither does it mention the bonusdisc and the booklet. I've read about it on the internet though, it seems to be a common problem here. Something must have gone wrong with a particular shipment. There are also plenty of boxes that dó have the Senet box, so the mistake has been made in some kind of warehouse, where they pack these things. I'll have to wait until after the weekend to get a reply though, I guess.

Anyway, I finally started my rewatch, so that's something. I'm sure I'll get the Senet box, they've got no other choice but to provide me one. It's not urgent or anything, it's just a very annoying thing to happen.
Zarti1
Viewer

Postby Joshua on Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:14 am

Gosh, that's rubbish!! Is there a space in the box for the senet box to go?
Joshua
Forum Moderator

Postby Zarti1 on Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:40 pm

PenguinJosh wrote:Gosh, that's rubbish!! Is there a space in the box for the senet box to go?

Yep, it's exactly the same box as the one in the pics I posted on the previous page. There's simply an empty space where the Senet box should be.

Well, Disney only sends mails on workdays, so Monday is the earliest day I can expect an answer. However, I just called Fnac (the store I bought it at online), and they told me that if I bring the receipt, I can go trade it in at any one of their 9 stores all over the country :) During workdays, I live in my dorm in the city, and it's located about half a kilometer from a Fnac store, so that's very convenient :) I'll go trade it in on Tuesday. Very nice service! Especially since it's not their fault.

And if Disney decides to send me a seperate Senet box, then I guess I'll have two of them :P
Zarti1
Viewer

Postby Zarti1 on Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:27 am

Received the Senet box with the game and the Ankh today :) Disney mailed it out to me a week ago. Finally my "Complete Collection" is really complete :D
Zarti1
Viewer

Postby Zarti1 on Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:41 pm

I recently got a region-free Blu-Ray player, and I decided to just go out and buy the Blu-ray complete collection of Lost as well. I love the look of my DVD Premium edition of Lost (the European set), but there isn't a Blu-Ray premium edition in Belgium. Just the standard edition, which looks terrible imo. So I decided to just buy the American set.

It should take a while before it finally arrives though. So now I'll have both versions of the set, one on DVD and one on Blu-Ray :)

In a general sense, I think both these sets are equally nice. Of course I'll try out the blacklight thingy, but that will get old pretty soon. I always liked how in the European version, the Senet game gets a seperate game box, with the instructions to the game printed on the box (instead of having to watch some obscure instructions on the bonus disc, like in the American set). It's actually a fun little game, I've already played it several times with my family on holidays, and the seperate game box makes it a lot easier to bring it somewhere.

The only thing that disappointed me in the European version, was the lack of sleeves in which the discs were packaged in the American set. Can't wait to get my hands on those. The airplane silhouette box is a also a nice bonus, of course.

On the other hand, it's also nice to still have the standard slim DVD cases. In short, as a huge Lost fan, I guess it's just nice to have both editions of the Complete Collection. Both versions have their pros and cons, so having them both in possession is probably the way to go for me :D
Zarti1
Viewer

Postby Joshua on Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:22 pm

Nice one, Zarti! Wish I had the American set.

I'm really gutted the UK one is so poor compared to the US one. The Senet board is just so flimsy and could easily break with overuse, plus the US set has the sleeves as you say, and the island map and so much more...

Just a better set overall. Glad you're finally getting it :thumbsup:
Joshua
Forum Moderator

Previous

Return to Lost Discussion [No spoilers!]