Live Together, Die Alone: Stories from Diehard LOST Fans!

General discussion for 'LOST'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

Re: Live Together, Die Alone: Stories from Diehard LOST Fans

Postby lostislandgirl on Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:31 am

I've been gone for awhile, but I'll make it up by posting some nice pix the next few days.

Here is a picture of Penny's Boat..also known as "The Searcher" ..this boat was also used in an early Hawaii Five O episode. She sits in the harbour across the street from Ward's Mall and is easy to find.

You will recognize "Eko's Church", the one that Charlie was working on. The structure has been taken down by now I presume, so it was nice to be able to get a shot of it. Also in front is the "grave site" or Boone Hill.

The next few pictures are of Yemi's drug plane, the burned out wreckage was stored not far from Dharmaville. There is a nice and exciting event that happened after this which was very fortuitous for us..but I'll leave that for later :D

When we went back in February - March 2010, we decided we would have a LOST viewing party. The first Tuesday we went to a local sports bar/restaurant where they had multiple screens to watch on. The following week we had our own private party at our hotel. Pati mailed a Dharma Party box to the hotel..and it felt like a Dharma Pallet Drop...everything from balloons to Dharma M&Ms! :thumbup:

As it turned out, the episode that aired during our party was the one where we had watched the Ilana and Ben scene, and had seen Miles, Frank and Sun back in October 2009. Coincidence or Fate? :hmm:

ImageImage
lostislandgirl
Stunt Double

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby lostislandgirl on Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:34 am

The next set of pictures are of Baby Bear Aaron at locations from seasons past.

Ana-Lucia and Goodwin

Aaron at the submarine pier. This is not really at Dharmaville :whistle:

Aaron at the "Jughead" tower.

One day we found out from a twitter feed that there were some no parking and "GSP" signs near a school, so we head up there in the afternoon, again having a GPS came in handy, and sure enough find that the signs which were for the next day.

We had no idea who would be there, but having already seen spoilers for "Dr. Linus", and since some of our group had already seen Michael Emerson dressed as a school teacher in October, we were guessing that he could be at this shooting location; we didn't know however whether the scenes would be interior ones, in which case we were taking a risk in just wasting our time...but we knew we had to at least try and maybe get lucky with seeing some cast or possibly exterior shots.

Five of us get in a car and drive over...the sixth was leaving the next day and wanted to get some shopping in...she was so mad at herself when she found out how lucky we actually got! But as we know from a Desmond episode "you make your own luck" sometimes. We park the car along a street with houses that back onto the parking lot of the school, and we can see that one house in particular had heavy cables and wires going into the school's property. And it was heavily guarded by security. :cursing:

What to do ?? :hmm: As we're walking along, I see a house that is burned out in the front and looked empty and abandoned, I try the gate..and it opens to a pathway straight to the back of the property. I go in and from that vantage point you could see that the cameras etc were set up..and there was a covered portion with actor chairs! I was so excited, I started to call my friends, when all of a sudden a kid shows up from the back of the house and asks me what I'm doing there...but being the brazen LOST Fan that I am..I ask him to ask his parents if my friends and I could stay there a while and watch the filming , he goes in and returns with some bewildered people in tow and they said yes..but we have to ask our landlord...well at least it bought us some time! :thumbsup:

Although we could see..it was really quite a distance and I had left my zoom lens in the car! So I asked one of my friends, quick run to the car and get my camera bag..or we won't get any decent pictures.

This pic is without the zoom...you can see a tall bald man...who could it be? :cool:

Could it be??? :rofl:

Stay tuned for some more shenannigans as Juno would say!
lostislandgirl
Stunt Double

Postby lostislandgirl on Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:39 am

From that spot and after I got my zoom lens I got some pics of Michael Emerson reaching into a cooler, what we didn't know at the time was that he was getting ice for his face as it seems he was accidentally hit by another actor! :cry: These following pictures I've never posted before and the reason was I had posted a picture on my facebook page that someone "lifted" and sent to Darkufo as their own..so after that, I made sure that my pictures were watermarked...I didn't mind people taking the picture..we just wanted the credit since it was our hard work and effort to get them in the first place. The other reason was that the crew was beginning to recognzie us, and if one of my pictures showed up on a spoiler site, they wouldn't be so nice to us next time.

Last edited by lostislandgirl on Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
lostislandgirl
Stunt Double

Postby JacobsMom on Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:34 am

Nice to see more pictures and stories again, lostislandgirl! I have been watching Hawaii Five-0 since the premiere and it's great to see some of the scenes taking place from old Lost locations. :thumbsup: That show really does a lot of justice to the beauty and colors of Hawaii and I love watching DDK once again!

Can't wait for more great pictures like the ones you got of Michael Emerson. BTW, the scene Michael got hurt was when Desmond attacked him outside the car. :(
JacobsMom
Emmy Nominee

Postby lostislandgirl on Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:51 am

Ha funny you should say that Jacobsmom!

So while we're standing in the backyard, we could see that a scene was being played out. The scene involved two standins or stuntmen of the actual actors. We could tell that it was "fake Ben", because he was dressed just like the real Ben..but we were guessing that the other man was "fake Desmond" since the hair and the build was the closest to our favourite Scotsman. Fesmond kept jumping out the car and beating on poor Fen...and we were so confused! Was this a flashback?, flashforward? alternate reality? We had no idea.

After about an hour or so, the kid and another adult man came out and told us that the landlord told them that we couldn't stay. They were so sorry...but maybe we could ask one of their neighbours who lived closer. We were disappointed..and started back to the car, when we spotted a man outside the house next to the one with the cables, my friends all talked me into asking the man if we could go to the back of his house and look out to the school yard..ok so how does one do that without seeming to be total freaks or weirdos?!! :blush:

...to be continued

-- Merged Double Post --

.....where was I? Oh yeah, I had just asked a total stranger if I could stand in his back yard and look over school property and could I also bring my 4 friends? I explained how there was filming of LOST..you know the TV show..he didn't know it..but he would ask the lady of the house...a lady comes to the door, looks at me and says okay sure...I can't tell you how hospitable that Hawaiian family was! They not only let us stand mere feet from the edge of the school property, but they also offered us water and wine!! And the best part, the LOST security crew could not prevent us from watching, we were on private property and able to sit comfortably and watch all the action. :thumbsup:

In fact the snack table was just below us...and we were all holding our breath that the actors would get hungry sooner or later!!

And then they moved the actor's chairs closer to us....we were giddy with anticipation! :rofl:

]
lostislandgirl
Stunt Double

Postby lostislandgirl on Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:56 am

Then this guy, one of the crew spotted us and came to talk to us...I mentioned how he reminded me of Jon Bonjovi..haha..he must have liked that because he then brought us cans of pop! On a side note, I noticed that he was in one of the Season 6 blu ray extras.

lostislandgirl
Stunt Double

Postby lostislandgirl on Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:40 pm

The first person to wander over to the watering hole..I mean snack table was the fake Ben!!
We asked him a few general questions, he was very nice..obviously had taken quite a few hits from mad Desmond :thumbup:

Then came one of the highlights of my life...Mr O'Quinn himself!
I was unable to breath when we saw him walking our way, he saw us and waved..and one of us asked him how he was, he said fine, we asked if he would mind us taking his picture, he said sure. Then, someone said.."you look pretty beat up, what happened to you?"...and he replied "well, I think someone knocks me down with a car when I'm in my wheelchair"...we all laughed because we thought he was being funny...turns out that is exactly what happened, and we didn't realize we had such a huge spoiler from a very reliable source!!

lostislandgirl
Stunt Double

Postby jacobthesnakob on Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:56 am

Brilliant stuff.
jacobthesnakob
Viewer

Postby JacobsMom on Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:42 am

Loved the pictures of Terry O'Quinn!!! You guys were so lucky to talk with him and get a few pictures. :D I sure hope he finds a new project on television soon because I miss seeing him every week. :(
JacobsMom
Emmy Nominee

Postby lostislandgirl on Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:42 am

Oh Jacobsmom...there is more, much more :roll: I just haven't had the time to get to the boards. Just remember this is TOQ as John Locke...who else does he play? :scared:

Stay tuned!
lostislandgirl
Stunt Double

Postby lostislandgirl on Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:40 am

Wow, its hard to believe its been over a year since I last updated this thread..sorry about that! A lot has been going on to distract me..including a new house build and planning to go to the Olympics this summer. I also took another trip to Oahu (and Maui) last November and it allowed me to take some pictures of season 6 LOST sites, which I hope to share.

So to start, I'll share the picture of Terry O'Quinn at Dharmaville. This was the day after we met him at the school, and this time he was dressed as MIB..except we didn't realize at the time. Terry was as gracious and nice as they come, and espically came over to us when we were the only ones who sat through rain. He joked about spoilers and that we could take pictures with him as long as we faced away from Dharmaville..the best part was that the security and crew left us alone! We also saw Michael Emerson, Ken Leong and Nestor Carbonell shooting various scenes, but honestly without hearing dialogue we had no idea what was going on.

next up...another encounter!
lostislandgirl
Stunt Double

Postby Joshua on Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:11 pm

You lucky devil! That is SO cool!
Joshua
Forum Moderator

Postby DharmaLager on Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:42 pm

Great to see you posting stuff again, I'll likely do the same shortly having just finished my second trip back to oahu and another Lost tour (as well as my own work in finding locations).
DharmaLager
Show Expert

Previous

Return to Lost Discussion [No spoilers!]