Game of Thrones

Spoilerfree Game of Thrones Discussion

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

Game of Thrones

Postby Dreyesbo on Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:14 am

There's a topic in the Spoiler section, but we also need one for the non-spoiler one :D

Anyone has heard of this series? I loved everything I heard, and got the book, and wow...it's gonna be a great show. Only HBO can do it justice.

Here's the latest trailer, which is a bit NSFW:

The show premieres on April 17, at 9PM, in HBO.
"There's something you better understand about me because it's important. And one day your life may depend on it...I am definitely a mad man with a box."

Dreyesbo
Senior Moderator

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: Game of Thrones

Postby Magic Box on Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:48 am

*kicks board retirement to the sewers*

God Almighty Wondrous Friday! Some kind soul just hinted me about that show and I knew immediately where to go plant my tent, TV food, and board-reading glasses.

And yay! Dreyesbo! :w00t: And why do I suspect Panda "I love-love-love-love Boromir" to show up here? :lol: Yay too!

All I know about this show so far is the 30 seconds teaser I saw on HBO about a minute ago, but faith is there. This is a winner, baby! See you after the premiere.
ImageImage
Owner of Ben's red tie, Ben's Bendiana Jones outfit, Ben's bunny, and Ben's "Don't you read?" line.
Magic Box
Emmy Winner

Location: Near the polar bears, far from the Frozen Donkey Wheel

Postby Dreyesbo on Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:56 pm

Heh, nice to see you here Magic Box! :D I do have faith that this will be a winner. Can't wait for it to premiere. See you then :)

There was a poster released, and it's pretty cool!:

See it in all its glory here: http://winter-is-coming.net/wp-content/ ... POSTER.jpg
"There's something you better understand about me because it's important. And one day your life may depend on it...I am definitely a mad man with a box."

Dreyesbo
Senior Moderator

Postby frekkells on Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:59 pm

Seeing this here made my day, just like when Dark posted The Walking Dead thread. :w00t:

I started reading the books, don't know if that was a mistake or not. But I figure if for some reason the show doesn't make it, I can continue on with the books.

I was thinking of you, Magic Box, when I heard about this series. Glad you've come out of retirement, at least for 10 weeks. :thumbsup:

http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/03/game-of-thrones-exclusive-preview.html
Sneak preview on April 3rd. :w00t:
FREKKELL'S FANTASY FORCE ~ 6th place ~ Season 5 LFL
Credit and Much Thanks to MAGIC BOX for the awesome banner.

Proud owner of Ben's Annie doll and line, "I always have a plan."
frekkells
Show Expert

Postby PandaVamp on Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:03 am

Magic Box wrote:And why do I suspect Panda "I love-love-love-love Boromir" to show up here? :lol: Yay too!

Magic!!! :w00t:

I'm anxiously waiting for this. He looks so much like Boromir here, being the LOTR sucker and Sean Bean fan that I am, couldn't miss it even if I wanted to. :lol:

The production quality looks amazing, but guess we couldn't expect less from HBO. :thumbsup:

You have to invite me in.
PandaVamp
Senior Moderator

Postby Bella on Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:12 am

Drey knows this already, but I'm REALLY REALLY REALLY excited for GoT to debut. The 15 min previous was glorious!

Twitter / YouTube Channel

:) STV Podcast co-host :)
Bella
Senior Moderator

Postby brentoid on Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:14 pm

its looks awesome, im really looking foward to it...

and there's enough eye candy for everyone !!! :thumbsup:

and a good chunk of it was shot in northern ireland - yay !! there was a casting call for irish looking folk with beards a while back... :thumbsdown: sadly any beard i try to grow looks **** & make me look like a homeless bum...not the best look...

dont think im going to read the books...lotr's asides the last fantasy books i read were the dragonlance chronicles when i was a kid...
You owe the companies nothing. Less than nothing, you especially don't
owe them any courtesy. They owe you. They have re-arranged the world to
put themselves in front of you. They never asked for your permission,
don't even start asking for theirs.
brentoid
Show Expert

Postby thomas121 on Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:22 am

Magic Box wrote:All I know about this show so far is the 30 seconds teaser I saw on HBO about a minute ago, but faith is there. This is a winner, baby! See you after the premiere.

This is a fantastic series. I watched it's episode 1 and the episode was awesome. Now I'm waiting for Game of Thrones Episode 2. It will air soon and I'm very exited to watch this episode.
Last edited by Sandiwich11 on Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Illegal link removed
thomas121
Viewer

Postby Two Sides on Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:56 am

Giving this show another chance, I really enjoyed the first half to the pilot, then it got boring for 2 episodes. My brother and many others ensure me it's awesome (as are the books apparently, but I won't be reading them). So yeah, I'mma watch it soon. :)
HannaK wrote:I've found my Sawyer to Juliet tbh :wub: :D
Two Sides
Oscar Winner

Postby Miss Ford on Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:48 am

Hi everyone!! I just came here coz I wanna say that last night I finish season one!!! I watch the 10 episodes in 3 days! lol I almost didnt sleep!! As a normal person I work and do normal stuff.... so I downloaded the episodes and started watching at night before going to bed............. and then on my first night, after watching a couple episodes, I noticed that I only had lef 3 hours to my wake-up time! And so it was like that for 3 days in a row!!! lol!!
I have to say that this show is AMAZING!!!!
HBO knows how to deliver great productions!! I love LOVE true blood! I love how the make the show and write the episodes and choose the actors and everything that involves the series... and I can say the same about Game of Thrones!! The actors are just so well choseen! and perfect for each characters! and the especial effects are great and the story is so interesting. It got me watching one episode after another!!! I never read the books or anything but everybody who did was very impressed!! so Im guessing they are indeed doing a good job adapting the novel.

I'm tottaly addicted! Im sad that Im late for the episodes discussionl!!! that this season is over.... I dying to now whats is gonna happen to Daenerys, if she is gonna lead an army, since she is a real dragon (I was shocked with that end)!!! And I was devastated when Ned died... and when he did I knew 'his son (Robb) would get the throne someday... well I hope so
anywaysss.... I loved it! :wub: :wub: :wub: :) :) :)
ImageImageImage
'Tell her I was born the night she found me,
and because of her, I went to my true death knowing
what it means to love. Tell her: Thank You.
'.
Miss Ford
Show Expert

Postby Rebel on Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:25 am

By far the best show on TV right now, IMO. Game of Thrones needs it's own section in the forums.

True Blood's enchanting princess...
Rebel
Guest Star

Postby Bella on Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:30 am

Rebel wrote:By far the best show on TV right now, IMO. Game of Thrones needs it's own section in the forums.

Yes, it does.

Twitter / YouTube Channel

:) STV Podcast co-host :)
Bella
Senior Moderator

Postby Gus TT Showbiz on Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:43 am

Bella wrote:
Rebel wrote:By far the best show on TV right now, IMO. Game of Thrones needs it's own section in the forums.

Yes, it does.

It is known.
Gus TT Showbiz
Former Staff Member

Postby b3rt4 on Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:00 pm

Nobody of you watching Breaking Bad then huh

TigerBlood
b3rt4
VIP

Postby Miss Ford on Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:07 pm

Hi again everyone! I'm new fan of GoT so maybe this is soooooo "old season" and everybody has already checked this out!... but anyway... As someone of you may know Im a huge TrueBlood fan but also a HBO fan coz they invest a lot in the fan-media things
(like sites, vids, and in this kind os stuff)! I was looking throught GoT website and I thouth it was so cool ... have you guys check the Viwers Guide? --> http://viewers-guide.hbo.com/game-of-th ... de/houses/ with the houses and the families lines, explanations for each characters...! and also the map is amazing -->http://viewers-guide.hbo.com/game-of-thrones/#!/map/ if you havent ... you should have!!!

well I had to share my excitement :) :blush: i know isnt the discorevy of the year but i thought it was awesome! :)
ImageImageImage
'Tell her I was born the night she found me,
and because of her, I went to my true death knowing
what it means to love. Tell her: Thank You.
'.
Miss Ford
Show Expert

Next

Return to Game of Thrones Discusson [No Spoilers]