[Official] Game of Thrones Ep. 1.04 Discussion

Spoilerfree Game of Thrones Discussion

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

[Official] Game of Thrones Ep. 1.04 Discussion

Postby Dreyesbo on Mon May 09, 2011 2:30 am

"Cripples, Bastards and Broken Things"

09:00PM

Discuss the latest Game of Thrones episode here

Ned (Sean Bean) looks to a cryptic book for clues to the death of his predecessor, and uncovers one of King Robert’s (Mark Addy) bastards.

Robert and his guests witness a tournament honoring Ned. Jon (Kit Harrington) takes measures to protect Samwell (John Bradley) from further abuse at Castle Black; a frustrated Prince Viserys (Harry Lloyd) clashes with Daenerys (Emilia Clarke) in Vaes Dothrak; Sansa (Sophie Turner) turns a blind eye to odious Joffrey, her intended, and imagines her future as a queen, while Arya (Maisie Williams) envisions a far different future. Catelyn rallies her husband’s allies to make a point, while Tyrion (Peter Dinklage) finds himself caught in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Check out STV.com/Game of Thrones for Spoilers and more.
"There's something you better understand about me because it's important. And one day your life may depend on it...I am definitely a mad man with a box."

Dreyesbo
Senior Moderator

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: [Official] Game of Thrones Ep. 1.04 Discussion

Postby dutchie on Tue May 10, 2011 8:13 pm

Im really liking this show, each time the episode ends too quickly.
dutchie
Emmy Winner

Postby Dreyesbo on Tue May 10, 2011 11:05 pm

Me too. I found the first episodes too...stiff. Kind of lifeless. But it's taking shape nicely.

Oh, and poor Sam. But Jon's direwolf is awesome.
"There's something you better understand about me because it's important. And one day your life may depend on it...I am definitely a mad man with a box."

Dreyesbo
Senior Moderator

Postby brentoid on Wed May 11, 2011 1:58 pm

i really liked the 1st 3 epsiodes dreyesbo...perhaps you werent as in to it becuase you liked the books so much?

this one was great as well...sam's gonna get a nasty death i reckon...but great ending...
You owe the companies nothing. Less than nothing, you especially don't
owe them any courtesy. They owe you. They have re-arranged the world to
put themselves in front of you. They never asked for your permission,
don't even start asking for theirs.
brentoid
Show Expert

Postby DarthLocke on Thu May 12, 2011 4:24 pm

I continue to like it too! The dialogue is just fantastic! --But I agree, It goes by way too quick! :w00t:

Yet for all their evolution, they form no bonds.
Love does not exist for them. They are incapable of dreaming,
Of contemplating beauty, Of knowing something greater than themselves.
DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby Dreyesbo on Thu May 12, 2011 10:38 pm

brentoid wrote:i really liked the 1st 3 epsiodes dreyesbo...perhaps you werent as in to it becuase you liked the books so much?

Yeah, I think that might be it. I kind of knew what they were trying to do. My favorite scenes in those episodes, though, were the ones not in the book. I hope that with most of the exposition and world-setting out of the way, the series will get better. If the preview of episode 5 is any indication, it will.

Dreyesbo
Senior Moderator

Postby Magic Box on Sat May 14, 2011 11:28 pm

Still here and watching! Fantastic, fantastic show! :w00t: Story, camera, sets, costumes, actors, darkness, all is top notch!

In order for my little head to make sense of the one or two characters we've been presented, I did intense reading on the Internet. And of course ended up viciously spoiling myself, just like in the good ol' days of LOST. :lol: And I wish HBO will sign for another 10 seasons because that story is monumental.

Drey, your feelings are the same I've had with the Harry Potter movies all along. So I understand where you're coming from, except it's much longer to watch a series than a movie. :/ I hope you hang in there, though.

dutchie wrote:Im really liking this show, each time the episode ends too quickly.

DarthLocke wrote:I agree, It goes by way too quick! :w00t:

Did someone mention how an hour can last 45 seconds or what? :lol: I totally agree with the sentiment expressed by Dutchie and Darth. Stoopid, stoopid TV, can we have the DVDs yet? For this season and the next three I mean?

Also, what I love about this show is the high level quotable quotes. I'll take note next time to post my favorites, but the one that still cracks me up is, "There's no word in Dothraki for thank you." Bwahahaha!

And direwolves. :wub: When they're not stabbed to death while being in full trusting mode. :cry:
ImageImage
Owner of Ben's red tie, Ben's Bendiana Jones outfit, Ben's bunny, and Ben's "Don't you read?" line.
Magic Box
Emmy Winner

Location: Near the polar bears, far from the Frozen Donkey Wheel

Postby Sawyer5665 on Sun May 15, 2011 12:07 am

I'm really loving this show, and I TOTALLY agree with the statement that the show goes by so fast. Here's a show that actually has close to an hour runtime...as opposed to network dramas that only run for 43 minutes....and it just flies by!!! Episode four went by so fast that I literally said WTF!!! when the end credits started rolling.

I'm enjoying and am more excited about The Game of Thrones than I was when Boardwalk Empire started last fall. It's easily my favorite scripted show on television right now. HBO has had superior programming for quite a while now and TGOT just furthers that sentiment. Breaking Bad is about the only non HBO show that I'm really into right now.....Well, Dexter, too.

-- Merged Double Post --

BTW episode four is my favorite episode thus far. Tyrion Lannister is a great character and I do not think that he was involved AT ALL with the attempt on Bran's life while he was comatose. I think that it was Jamie's doing and he was trying to frame his brother with the dagger. I'm very interested to see where that storyline goes from here. I've never read any of the novels. I didn't even know that there were novels until I saw one of the behind the scenes things on HBO in the leadup to the premiere.

I think Ned is really, really regretting his decision to become the hand of the king right about now. I think that he's going to have a rough road ahead of him at King's Landing.

I'm also really interested in the Viserys and Daenerys Targaryen story. I was glad to see Daenerys grow a backbone and stand up to her brother in the last episode. After she captured Khal Drogo's heart, she's been getting more and more brave.
DarthLocke made this awesome signature!!!

Take me to another place,
Take me to another land,
Make me forget all that hurts me,
Let me understand your plan.
Sawyer5665
Show Expert

Postby gracie lou on Fri May 20, 2011 1:22 pm

You should absolutely read the books. I think the show is a great compliment to the books. I love watching the characters, setting, and costumes come to life. Some of the dialogue is word for word from the book. Most of the scenes that were not in the book have been good, imo. They've really helped explain to the viewer the background story, or the relationship between certain characters more fully. Get. The. Books. :thumbup:
gracie lou
Viewer

Return to Game of Thrones Discusson [No Spoilers]