[Official] Game of Thrones Ep. 1.09 Discussion

Spoilerfree Game of Thrones Discussion

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

Re: [Official] Game of Thrones Ep. 1.09 Discussion

Postby Dreyesbo on Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:36 pm

Sawyer5665 wrote:I did a bad thing.... :scared:

I went to the wikipedia page for A Game of Thrones the novel...I just wanted a small taste of what was going to happen in the finale...nothing major (I thought)..I didn't want to know what happens with the Starks, etc...I just wanted a little something. So, I read what happens with Dany and the Dothrakis.... :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

Hahaha, that's the good/bad thing about Wikipedia. It states everything so matter-of-factly that you get tons of spoilers in a simple sentence.

I don't recommend it again, but at least you got a "happy" spoiler, I guess :P
"There's something you better understand about me because it's important. And one day your life may depend on it...I am definitely a mad man with a box."

Dreyesbo
Senior Moderator

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby brentoid on Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:40 am

i dont get how people were really that shocked with neds beheading...seriously, it was on the cards ever since littlefinger betrayed him...couldnt really see him getting out of that...i was a tad surprised he didnt shout the "the king in an inbred prick" before the sword came down...

and i've said before, this season WILL end with those dragon eggs hatching...one episode to go to see if im right...

and for all you uk'ers...im only noticing now that Bronn is one half of robson & jerome!!...the good half anyways...thats just **** nuts...didnt even recognise him at first...
You owe the companies nothing. Less than nothing, you especially don't
owe them any courtesy. They owe you. They have re-arranged the world to
put themselves in front of you. They never asked for your permission,
don't even start asking for theirs.
brentoid
Show Expert

Postby dutchie on Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:40 am

brentoid wrote:and for all you uk'ers...im only noticing now that Bronn is one half of robson & jerome!!...the good half anyways...thats just **** nuts...didnt even recognise him at first...

The other half was on the 3rd series of Being Human.
dutchie
Emmy Winner

Postby brentoid on Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:13 pm

@dutchie - never seen past the 1st season of being human...its on my admittedly massive to do list...hehe...

@Sawyer5665 - you didnt !!! aw man...thats like reading the last page of a book 1st...actually its worse...its like asking a friend to tell what happened in the last page of the book...shouldnt really be shocked tho...we are on spoilertv after all...am i right about the eggs? no...dont tell me... :cursing:
You owe the companies nothing. Less than nothing, you especially don't
owe them any courtesy. They owe you. They have re-arranged the world to
put themselves in front of you. They never asked for your permission,
don't even start asking for theirs.
brentoid
Show Expert

Postby Sawyer5665 on Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:57 pm

I know, I know....it was stupid of me, but at least I was strong enough to not read everything.. :D
DarthLocke made this awesome signature!!!

Take me to another place,
Take me to another land,
Make me forget all that hurts me,
Let me understand your plan.
Sawyer5665
Show Expert

Postby DarthLocke on Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:37 pm

Sawyer5665 wrote:I know, I know....it was stupid of me, but at least I was strong enough to not read everything.. :D

Ya, I don't go there in terms of not wanting to be spoiled, because I know I will just keep clicking link after link :lol:

But this is one of the few shows I choose not to spoil myself at all.

Yet for all their evolution, they form no bonds.
Love does not exist for them. They are incapable of dreaming,
Of contemplating beauty, Of knowing something greater than themselves.
DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby Dreyesbo on Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:58 pm

DarthLocke wrote:
Sawyer5665 wrote:I know, I know....it was stupid of me, but at least I was strong enough to not read everything.. :D

Ya, I don't go there in terms of not wanting to be spoiled, because I know I will just keep clicking link after link :lol:

But this is one of the few shows I choose not to spoil myself at all.

It's a good and a bad thing that it's based on a series of books. For one, there's virtually no spoilers discussions as it is all available at once. True Blood, deviating from the books, does have a spoiler discussion. So the possibility of reading a "gotcha" spoiler in some headline, or spoilery set reports, is virtually non-existent.

On the other hand...you know all the info is out there, "you need only reach out and take it", to quote Littlefinger :P
"There's something you better understand about me because it's important. And one day your life may depend on it...I am definitely a mad man with a box."

Dreyesbo
Senior Moderator

Postby Gus TT Showbiz on Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:03 pm

Spoiler (Click to reveal/hide)
I'm a bit disappointed at the lack of the Tower of Joy scene, and with neddard finally gone, doesn't look like we'll ever get to see it :(

BTW, where is the spoiler/book thread located? :thumbup:
Gus TT Showbiz
Former Staff Member

Postby b3rt4 on Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:35 pm

Gus TT Showbiz wrote:
I'm a bit disappointed at the lack of the Tower of Joy scene, and with neddard finally gone, doesn't look like we'll ever get to see it :(

I'd use this one viewtopic.php?f=57&t=22768

TigerBlood
b3rt4
VIP

Postby Gus TT Showbiz on Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:10 pm

b3rt4 wrote:
Gus TT Showbiz wrote:

I'd use this one viewtopic.php?f=57&t=22768

thanks bertha my love
Gus TT Showbiz
Former Staff Member

Postby Magic Box on Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:46 am

Bella: I think the idiots who are threatening to quit the show in a rage are just that: idiots.

Possibly an emotional reaction right after the fact more than an IQ issue. HBO did market Sean Bean heavily to attract viewers, I can't blame his fans for being upset. Just as I can't blame book readers from thinking there's much more to the story than the life of Ned Stark, "so stick to it, people!" My take is most of them will be back.

This is one show that non book readers will need to rewatch ASAP, and that's exactly what I'm going to do. Not only does it take a while to get all those names of people and places, once you do actually recognize them there's an urge to go back a rewatch their whole arc. Yoren is the name of the guy that protected Aray from seeing her father being beheaded? I have no remembrance of Yoren whatsoever.

Today is the eve of the finale, and I want to give credit to the writers, actors, and crew. They've put together a show of high quality, original writing notwithstanding, and they deserve every Emmy that's out there for grabs. My complaint, because we humans always have something to complain about: 10 episodes a season is ridiculous. It's like a mini-series delivered in delayed schedule.

DarthLocke wrote:there's virtually no spoilers discussions as it is all available at once.

This is my secondary board regarding this show. You would not believe the issues my primary board has dealing with spoilers coming from the book readers. Simple things as, "Don't worry, (character name) gets a redemption arc" unwillingly tells you that such character will not die in season 1. Others will be readers posing as newbies: "I put 1 and 2 together, and it's obvious to me that Ned will be beheaded before the end of the season." :roll:

Also, I frigging love Arya and just want to hug her forever, while Needle is busy looking away.
ImageImage
Owner of Ben's red tie, Ben's Bendiana Jones outfit, Ben's bunny, and Ben's "Don't you read?" line.
Magic Box
Emmy Winner

Location: Near the polar bears, far from the Frozen Donkey Wheel

Postby Sawyer5665 on Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:30 pm

I totally agree about the 10 episode thing...they could at least give us the customary 12-13 episodes that's normal for HBO series, but I imagine they were kind of limited in the material aspect (I'm only assuming here) because season one is based only on book one.
DarthLocke made this awesome signature!!!

Take me to another place,
Take me to another land,
Make me forget all that hurts me,
Let me understand your plan.
Sawyer5665
Show Expert

Previous

Return to Game of Thrones Discusson [No Spoilers]