[Official] Game of Thrones Ep. 1.10 Discussion

Spoilerfree Game of Thrones Discussion

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

[Official] Game of Thrones Ep. 1.10 Discussion

Postby Dreyesbo on Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:25 pm

"Fire and Blood"

Season finale
09:00PM

Discuss the latest Game of Thrones episode here

A new king rises in the north; a Khaleesi finds new hope.

Check out STV.com/Game of Thrones for Spoilers and more.
"There's something you better understand about me because it's important. And one day your life may depend on it...I am definitely a mad man with a box."

Dreyesbo
Senior Moderator

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: [Official] Game of Thrones Ep. 1.10 Discussion

Postby Dreyesbo on Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:20 am

Wanted to have this up early, so you can discuss your thoughts on the season as a whole here, if you want to.

Also, time to bid the Ned picture goodbye, so I placed the Targaryen sygil in its place, given that their words "Fire and Blood" are the title for this episode.
"There's something you better understand about me because it's important. And one day your life may depend on it...I am definitely a mad man with a box."

Dreyesbo
Senior Moderator

Postby Sawyer5665 on Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:34 pm

I can't believe the first season is already (almost) over!! I really love this show, and I can't wait for season two!!

Although I still don't have all of the characters memorized, I am completely satisfied with what I've seen this season. This show is most definitely not scared to kill people off, and I'm excited/nervous to see what happens tonight!!!
DarthLocke made this awesome signature!!!

Take me to another place,
Take me to another land,
Make me forget all that hurts me,
Let me understand your plan.
Sawyer5665
Show Expert

Postby Sawyer5665 on Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:04 am

IT'S TIME!!!!!!!!!

:w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

Take me to another land,
Sawyer5665
Show Expert

Postby Dreyesbo on Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:26 am

No posts yet? Did the finale left you all speechless? :lol:

Dreyesbo
Senior Moderator

Postby Sawyer5665 on Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:42 am

DRAGONS!!!! Very bad ass if I do say so.....and it was done very well in my opinion. That whole scene could have easily turned out looking cheap and lame, but I thought it was awesome! I'm very interested to see how they deal with having the baby dragons a part of the show from here on out.

I also really liked Jon Snow's storyline. The scene with Jon and the commander gave me the chills, and I am glad that he decided to remain with the Knight's Watch. I was proud of Sam for showing a little backbone and looking out for his brother.

The story with Robb and the two armies was a little slow, but I guess the big scenes in that storyline happened last week. The scene with Tywin and Tyrion was one of my favorites. Tyrion as hand of the king?! :w00t: He's finally gotten his powerful father's respect!! I want to know what is up with his woman, what's her name? Shay?? I think there is more to her than what's been portrayed. She's too mysterious to just be a whore. She doesn't want Tyrion to know anything about her parents...something is up with her.

And what is up with the old guy....the sept....is that right? He's acting like he's an old, physically broken down, senile man, but he's clearly not. What's his story???

Goffrey is a real dick!!

What is the true relationship between Littlefinger and Varys?

Awesome finale!!!! I can't wait for more! :thumbsup:

Take me to another land,
Sawyer5665
Show Expert

Postby Magic Box on Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:30 am

Most hated written words of the year so far: "Season 2 - Spring 2012." :(

But let's live in the present: the finale rocked it. Well, Sawyer5665 already said it all, so.... quoting.

Sawyer5665 wrote:I also really liked Jon Snow's storyline.

Me too, I'm glued to it. And I thought he was leaving the Wall for real, and this had my mind racing about how much it would change the story from now on. But he stayed (thanks, Northern Samwise Gamgee!) what have you: the story will change nonetheless with that tribe heading North of the wall. What will happen? :scared:

Sawyer5665 wrote:The scene with Tywin and Tyrion was one of my favorites. Tyrion as hand of the king?! :w00t: He's finally gotten his powerful father's respect!!

That was almost unbelievable. Tywin must have thought Jamie was good for the earth worms if he suddenly showed that much respect for his loathed dwarf of a now heir. The best part? "My father is a ****. Come with me, the court ladies could learn a few things from you." Good Tyrion, cynically good Tyrion, he didn't fall one bit for his father's sudden love, and trust, and admiration, and overall self manipulation. (Her name is Shae.)

Sawyer5665 wrote:And what is up with the old guy....the sept....is that right? He's acting like he's an old, physically broken down, senile man, but he's clearly not. What's his story???

The interwerbs is already tearing apart shirts and panties about how useless this scene was, but I don't agree with the interwebs. Exactly, what's his story? Why is he playing feeble and weak? And why is he so complimenting of that little cruel twerp of a king Joffrey? I got the feeling that even Littlefinger and Varys should take lessons from him. :O

And speaking of Littlerfinger and Varys, great scene. What does it say about Littlefinger that he's so interested in his frenemie's in-betweens? Cunning tactic or unhealthy curiosity?

And finally....

Sawyer5665 wrote:DRAGONS!!!!

DRAGONS!!! And drums, I loved the drums in that scene. But... DRAGONS! And people bowing. It was badass enough that Danny put her very own tribe together out of freeing the slaves, maybe they signed up for her out of gratefulness or out of the prospect of leading a better life. But when she shows up unscarred after 12 hours in the pyre, surrounded by three baby dragons, the awe, the respect was there. It's her own, not respect through being Drago's wife.

Now, to watch everything again from the start, it is a must. Also, again, "Spring 2012": major grumbles. It's like the LOST off seasons and excruciating waiting all over again. :(
ImageImage
Owner of Ben's red tie, Ben's Bendiana Jones outfit, Ben's bunny, and Ben's "Don't you read?" line.
Magic Box
Emmy Winner

Location: Near the polar bears, far from the Frozen Donkey Wheel

Postby dutchie on Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:31 pm

Wow, just wow!
dutchie
Emmy Winner

Postby DarthLocke on Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:14 pm

So good!!!!!!!!!! It was great! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I know I had some questions... :hmm:

In regards to Daenery's husband I kept wondering if she didn't burn him, if he would have just rose later in series, because I got the impression that at certain time would he really be alive (or a zombie of sorts) again...It's hard because I don't know enough about the white walkers and such in terms of the idea that they can be made, but if so, I still have to wonder if this is still a special case since the witch used her son, which she commented was like a dragon, in exchange for his life, that because the dragons or their blood might have the ability to heal and if they breath fire, destroy the white walkers, or if they are not also the their source to be able to exist, or rise in the first place and if that is way the Targarians were almost all killed off before? Anyways it almost seems like 'life and death' (or life extension-rebirth) are apart of these dragons/and some dragon people and the mythology!

Oh why do we have to wait till April :cry: (although I am really looking forward to True Blood next Sunday)

Yet for all their evolution, they form no bonds.
Love does not exist for them. They are incapable of dreaming,
Of contemplating beauty, Of knowing something greater than themselves.
DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby Dreyesbo on Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:03 pm

Haven't watched it, but I'll comment in full later when I do.

DarthLocke wrote:In regards to Daenery's husband I kept wondering if she didn't burn him, if he would have just rose later in series, because I got the impression that at certain time would he really be alive (or a zombie of sorts) again...It's hard because I don't know enough about the white walkers and such in terms of the idea that they can be made

I think he would've stayed catatonic his whole life. I think that the White Walkers need to be close to the person they want to "revive" to do so, and this continent (Essos) is as far from the Wall as you could imagine. And just as a note, White Walkers revive other people into simple foot soldiers, or 'wights', or zombie slaves, not into other White Walkers.

Dreyesbo
Senior Moderator

Postby Sawyer5665 on Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:22 pm

And the witch said that Dany's child had scaly skin like a lizard...and wings. So, what exactly would have been the child's story if he had been allowed to be carried to term? Would he have been some sort of man/dragon hybrid??

Cadence....where are you? I need further insight!!! :D

Take me to another land,
Sawyer5665
Show Expert

Postby dutchie on Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:42 pm

Im still a bit speechless to be honest. That ending was so **** great, Dany standing there with her dragons.
My sun and stars is dead, noooooooooo!!!!!! He was so good to look at.
Inbreed king is extremely bonkers.
dutchie
Emmy Winner

Postby Sawyer5665 on Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:51 pm

dutchie wrote:Im still a bit speechless to be honest. That ending was so **** great, Dany standing there with her dragons.
My sun and stars is dead, noooooooooo!!!!!! He was so good to look at.
Inbreed king is extremely bonkers.

Although I knew right away that she wouldn't succeed, I was really hoping that Sansa was going to throw Goffrey off of that balcony or whatever it was. Speaking of that, I think the Hound has a thing for young Sansa! At the very least, he wants to protect her.

Take me to another land,
Sawyer5665
Show Expert

Postby DarthLocke on Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:00 pm

Dreyesbo wrote:Haven't watched it, but I'll comment in full later when I do.

DarthLocke wrote:In regards to Daenery's husband I kept wondering if she didn't burn him, if he would have just rose later in series, because I got the impression that at certain time would he really be alive (or a zombie of sorts) again...It's hard because I don't know enough about the white walkers and such in terms of the idea that they can be made

I think he would've stayed catatonic his whole life. I think that the White Walkers need to be close to the person they want to "revive" to do so, and this continent (Essos) is as far from the Wall as you could imagine. And just as a note, White Walkers revive other people into simple foot soldiers, or 'wights', or zombie slaves, not into other White Walkers.

Thanks! I am trying to understand the mythology better...so the witches themselves are the white walkers -is this a term for anyone whom can cast magic, or is this exclusive to ressurection magic/and or only a certain group of people? -And so you have to be born a white walker? -or not have died? Can it be learned? Is there a type of rebirth in terms of history attempting to repeat itself?

You can use spoiler tags and spoiler me if need be. :lol:

Sawyer5665 wrote:And the witch said that Dany's child had scaly skin like a lizard...and wings. So, what exactly would have been the child's story if he had been allowed to be carried to term? Would he have been some sort of man/dragon hybrid??

I wanted to know this too ---that's why I wondered if all of this was on the verge of being special circumstance, but I guess not?!

Yet for all their evolution, they form no bonds.
Love does not exist for them. They are incapable of dreaming,
Of contemplating beauty, Of knowing something greater than themselves.
DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby dutchie on Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:07 pm

Sawyer5665 wrote:Although I knew right away that she wouldn't succeed, I was really hoping that Sansa was going to throw Goffrey off of that balcony or whatever it was. Speaking of that, I think the Hound has a thing for young Sansa! At the very least, he wants to protect her.

Yes and yes.
dutchie
Emmy Winner

Next

Return to Game of Thrones Discusson [No Spoilers]