[Official] Game of Thrones Ep. 1.10 Discussion

Spoilerfree Game of Thrones Discussion

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

Re: [Official] Game of Thrones Ep. 1.10 Discussion

Postby Sawyer5665 on Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:25 am

I could have lived without seeing the Lannister squire naked..Cersei only likes guys that are related to her. What's to stop her from getting busy with King Goffrey? :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:
DarthLocke made this awesome signature!!!

Take me to another place,
Take me to another land,
Make me forget all that hurts me,
Let me understand your plan.
Sawyer5665
Show Expert

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby Dreyesbo on Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:03 am

gracie lou wrote:
Dreyesbo wrote:
Sawyer5665 wrote:I would like some more details as well on the dragons hatching. Was it Dany's presence in the fire that made the eggs hatch...or was it the sacrifice??

I'm going to disagree a bit with frekkells here...I don't think Dany knew the dragons would hatch, and neither she intended them to. Hell, I don't even think she thought she would survive. In the books, she isn't impervious to heat/fire. (Although I understand and agree why they would change that so)

What happened then was a one time deal, something we don't know how it happened, only that it did. Magic is coming back to this world, and brought dragons with it.

I disagree, heh. :lol: Part of Dany knew that the eggs could hatch, and that she would not be harmed by the flames. I don't think she had any intention of dying with her sun and stars, though I know she loved him dearly.

Yeah, I think she knew she wouldn't die too. But the hatching of fossilized dragon eggs, after being extinct for centuries? I don't know, I don't think so.

Sawyer5665 wrote:I could have lived without seeing the Lannister squire naked..Cersei only likes guys that are related to her. What's to stop her from getting busy with King Goffrey? :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:

Because she wouldn't...um..erm...yeah. You've got a point there. I watched this one with a friend, and we joked that this was a slight improvement over doing it with a brother.
"There's something you better understand about me because it's important. And one day your life may depend on it...I am definitely a mad man with a box."

Dreyesbo
Senior Moderator

Postby gracie lou on Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:21 pm

Dreyesbo wrote:
gracie lou wrote:
Dreyesbo wrote:
Sawyer5665 wrote:I would like some more details as well on the dragons hatching. Was it Dany's presence in the fire that made the eggs hatch...or was it the sacrifice??

I'm going to disagree a bit with frekkells here...I don't think Dany knew the dragons would hatch, and neither she intended them to. Hell, I don't even think she thought she would survive. In the books, she isn't impervious to heat/fire. (Although I understand and agree why they would change that so)

What happened then was a one time deal, something we don't know how it happened, only that it did. Magic is coming back to this world, and brought dragons with it.

I disagree, heh. :lol: Part of Dany knew that the eggs could hatch, and that she would not be harmed by the flames. I don't think she had any intention of dying with her sun and stars, though I know she loved him dearly.

Yeah, I think she knew she wouldn't die too. But the hatching of fossilized dragon eggs, after being extinct for centuries? I don't know, I don't think so.

Dunno, she was pretty obsessed with the eggs, and tried to hatch them in the cookfire. I'm about to do a reread, I'll let you know if I change my mind. :P

Sawyer5665 wrote:I could have lived without seeing the Lannister squire naked..Cersei only likes guys that are related to her. What's to stop her from getting busy with King Goffrey? :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:

Because she wouldn't...um..erm...yeah. You've got a point there. I watched this one with a friend, and we joked that this was a slight improvement over doing it with a brother.

A first cousin would be an improvement to a brother, but seeing that Lancel is a scrawny teenage boy really diminishes the level of improvement. Ewww. :unsure: :lol:
gracie lou
Viewer

Postby DarthLocke on Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:05 pm

Dreyesbo wrote:
gracie lou wrote:
Dreyesbo wrote:

Don't get me wrong, despite my general dislike for Jamie's behavior and the fact that he is her twin brother, I can't deny the guy is good looking, but I have to say that seeing her first cousin that way, made me think he was more of a man than I thought. This whole time I thought here is another character who needs to man up...and suddenly there he is with Cersie, which wasn't exactly what I meant, but perhaps he will come into his own and not turn out to be such a wet rag after all...because I do have empathy for him, if only he could find some potential.

Yet for all their evolution, they form no bonds.
Love does not exist for them. They are incapable of dreaming,
Of contemplating beauty, Of knowing something greater than themselves.
DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby Sawyer5665 on Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:38 am

Just bought the first novel!!!!! I can't wait to get started on it. :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

Take me to another land,
Sawyer5665
Show Expert

Postby Cadence on Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:32 pm

Hey! Sorry I didn't join into the discussion or write my regular recap. Was in the middle of dealing with a move. Anyway, I'm not going to repeat what everyone else has said here, but I too REALLY enjoyed the finale. It was a fantastic epilogue for most characters, with Daenerys driving the rest of the story.

Sawyer5665 wrote:Just bought the first novel!!!!! I can't wait to get started on it. :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

Let me know what you think! PM me, or maybe we'll start a Book 1 discussion thread somewhere.

On a final note, since I was lame and didn't write recaps for episode 9/10, I was wondering if anyone was still interested in Book --> Screen comparison articles. I was planning on first tackling some character alterations (namely, some of their motivations and characterizations, specifically starting with Sansa and Daenerys). Anyone interested?
Game of Thrones

Follow me on Twitter!
Check out my Blog!
Cadence
Viewer

Postby dutchie on Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:00 pm

Cadence wrote:On a final note, since I was lame and didn't write recaps for episode 9/10, I was wondering if anyone was still interested in Book --> Screen comparison articles. I was planning on first tackling some character alterations (namely, some of their motivations and characterizations, specifically starting with Sansa and Daenerys). Anyone interested?

Yes, I would love that.
dutchie
Emmy Winner

Postby Sawyer5665 on Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:07 pm

dutchie wrote:
Cadence wrote:On a final note, since I was lame and didn't write recaps for episode 9/10, I was wondering if anyone was still interested in Book --> Screen comparison articles. I was planning on first tackling some character alterations (namely, some of their motivations and characterizations, specifically starting with Sansa and Daenerys). Anyone interested?

Yes, I would love that.

ME TOO, ME TOO!!!!

Take me to another land,
Sawyer5665
Show Expert

Postby brentoid on Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:17 pm

http://www.extrasni.com/news/game-of-th ... as-casting

so all northern ireland peeps, start growing those beards !!!
You owe the companies nothing. Less than nothing, you especially don't
owe them any courtesy. They owe you. They have re-arranged the world to
put themselves in front of you. They never asked for your permission,
don't even start asking for theirs.
brentoid
Show Expert

Previous

Return to Game of Thrones Discusson [No Spoilers]