[Official] Game of Thrones Ep. 2.03 Discussion

Spoilerfree Game of Thrones Discussion

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

[Official] Game of Thrones Ep. 2.03 Discussion

Postby Dreyesbo on Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:40 pm

"What is Dead May Never Die"

08:00PM

Discuss the latest Game of Thrones episode here

[quote]At the Red Keep, Tyrion plots three alliances through the promise of marriage. Catelyn arrives in the Stormlands to forge an alliance of her own. But King Renly, his new wife Margaery and her brother Loras Tyrell have other plans. At Winterfell, Luwin tries to decipher Bran’s dreams.
[/quote]

Check out STV.com/Game of Thrones for Spoilers and more.
"There's something you better understand about me because it's important. And one day your life may depend on it...I am definitely a mad man with a box."

Dreyesbo
Senior Moderator

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: [Official] Game of Thrones Ep. 2.03 Discussion

Postby Dreyesbo on Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:00 pm

Another great episode. I specially liked Tyrion's scene with the three Small Council members, and the posterior one with Grand Maester Pycelle. As a TV critic said, many TV shows would be improved with Tyrion walking in the middle of a scene and setting everyone straight.

Arya's conversation with Yoren was a highlight -- and give it to him that he could make a story about embedding an axe in someone's skull endearing. Arya was also very smart naming Lommy as "Gendry"; I didn't think of it until she said it. Luckily, Gold Cloaks and Lannister soldiers probably didn't get the "black of hair" memo. They just think Gendry's dead now.

Also, Theon was great in this episode. Him standing up to his father (rightfully) and his father brushing it off was an excelent scene. Of course, with the Iron Men now set to invade the North, things don't look so good.
"There's something you better understand about me because it's important. And one day your life may depend on it...I am definitely a mad man with a box."

Dreyesbo
Senior Moderator

Postby Sawyer5665 on Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:36 pm

Great episode!!

I LOVED the Tyrion/Varys scenes. THey are every bit as good together on screen as they were in the books....a real tribute to the actors involved.

It's interesting, but not shocking considering it's HBO, that they are exploring the Renly/Sir Loras relationship in so much more detail. In the books, the Renly/Loras thing was only hinted at. It was never explicitly stated that Renly was gay.

They did a perfect job in casting Brienne of Tarth!! I loved seeing her on screen. Not only did they get the physical part of the character right, but she really plays the character true to the book. I love it.

Loved Jon Snow's scenes....I'm always left wanting more of the young man of the Night's Watch. :thumbsup:

My two favorite scenes of the episode would have to be Bran's and Arya's scenes. I'm loving seeing Bran coming into his Skinchanger powers. :thumbsup: And Arya's scene was just a perfect way to wrap up the episode. It was basically two scenes in one...first the talk she had with Yory about seeing bad things over and over in her mind. Then, of course the final scene where The Mountain's men do their thing. I was hoping that we'd catch a glimpse of The Mountain That Rides, but I guess we'll likely see him soon as they are making their way to Harenhall.
DarthLocke made this awesome signature!!!

Take me to another place,
Take me to another land,
Make me forget all that hurts me,
Let me understand your plan.
Sawyer5665
Show Expert

Postby dutchie on Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:12 pm

Brienne makes every other woman look so tiny.
That "dinner with Sansa and Cersei" scene, that was freaky. Especially because Cersei should know what it feels like.
Tyrion, smart man.
dutchie
Emmy Winner

Postby Sawyer5665 on Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:34 am

The actress is 6'3, but she looked 7 feet tall walking next to Catelyn. :lol:
DarthLocke made this awesome signature!!!

Take me to another place,
Take me to another land,
Make me forget all that hurts me,
Let me understand your plan.
Sawyer5665
Show Expert

Postby dutchie on Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:01 am

I know 2 girls about the same height and I feel very tiny when Im around them. I know a lot of tall people(it happens when you are dutch), but when woman are that tall, it has a different effect.
Also it doesnt help that the average height of british people is not that tall(compared to what Im used to), so Brienne will be towering over everyone.
Anyhoo, is it me or are there even more characters we need to follow than last season?
dutchie
Emmy Winner

Postby brentoid on Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:33 pm

dutchie wrote:Anyhoo, is it me or are there even more characters we need to follow than last season?

nope, it's not just you... & there's even more to come...

thought the majorie & renly scene was funny as hell "do you want my brother to help you?, what if you pretend i'm him" hahaha....and renly thought it was a secret...

i was really looking forward to tyrion finding the mole scene, and it was done perfectly...so bravo TPTB...

and no...still no appearance for me... :(

brienne was exactly as i had imagined her to be...**** huge !!!

there's gonna be some really good stuff coming up soon...i cannot wait !!!
You owe the companies nothing. Less than nothing, you especially don't
owe them any courtesy. They owe you. They have re-arranged the world to
put themselves in front of you. They never asked for your permission,
don't even start asking for theirs.
brentoid
Show Expert

Postby Finli Otego on Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:35 am

"Boy! Help us, boy! A man can fight! Free us!"
- Jaqen H'ghar :w00t:

You'll have to excuse me, but Arya's story, particularly in book 2, is my absolute favorite in the series. I've been waiting excitedly to see it come to life, so seeing all of this done SO well....I'm just freaking GIDDY.

They are REALLY streamlining this season and getting right to the good stuff, and the non-book scenes are all pretty perfect and adding something to show. I've seen complaints about the Littlefinger scenes, but I don't see it. It's all just adding to the character imo.

Oh and Hi. It's been a while.

Valar Morghulis

*Thanks to Jamielost and Miss Ford for the sig!
Finli Otego
Forum Moderator

Postby Dreyesbo on Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:58 pm

Haha, hey Finli.

brentoid wrote:i was really looking forward to tyrion finding the mole scene, and it was done perfectly...so bravo TPTB...

It was a great show of how a visual medium has some advantages over reading. Plus, Tyrion's reading of the lines "You musn't tell the queen", and "Make due!" later when told there were no goats were amazing. And hey! Here's hoping you're there tomorrow. By any chance, did you see a certain king shame a certain hostage? ;)

dutchie wrote:Anyhoo, is it me or are there even more characters we need to follow than last season?

Yeah, and not only more characters but storylines are less straightforward. But oh well, with this show, the main cast will probably end up then sometime.

Dreyesbo
Senior Moderator

Return to Game of Thrones Discusson [No Spoilers]