[Official] Game of Thrones Ep. 2.08 Discussion

Spoilerfree Game of Thrones Discussion

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

[Official] Game of Thrones Ep. 2.08 Discussion

Postby Dreyesbo on Mon May 21, 2012 5:20 am

"The Prince of Winterfell"

08:00PM

Discuss the latest Game of Thrones episode here

Theon receives a visitor and holds down the fort. Arya calls in her final debt with Jaqen in a way that displeases him. Robb is betrayed. Tyrion and Varys find common ground. Dany ignores Jorah's advice. Stannis and Davos approach their destination, and Davos is offered a reward.

Check out STV.com/Game of Thrones for Spoilers and more.
"There's something you better understand about me because it's important. And one day your life may depend on it...I am definitely a mad man with a box."

Dreyesbo
Senior Moderator

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: [Official] Game of Thrones Ep. 2.08 Discussion

Postby dutchie on Mon May 21, 2012 2:54 pm

Is it me or is Dani's storyline going nowhere this season?
dutchie
Emmy Winner

Postby Dreyesbo on Wed May 23, 2012 6:12 am

Not just you. Her scene in this episode was just spinning wheels...
"There's something you better understand about me because it's important. And one day your life may depend on it...I am definitely a mad man with a box."

Dreyesbo
Senior Moderator

Postby Thirty-Fiver on Thu May 24, 2012 12:49 pm

Yea I feel the same way. My two favorite storylines right now are with Dani and Snow, and both of them haven't received that much screen time recently.

Btw, why has this subforum been so dead the past couple weeks?
It's like doing peyote and sneezing slowly for six hours.
Thirty-Fiver
Emmy Nominee

Postby DarthLocke on Sun May 27, 2012 3:19 pm

Thirty-Fiver wrote:Yea I feel the same way. My two favorite storylines right now are with Dani and Snow, and both of them haven't received that much screen time recently.

Btw, why has this subforum been so dead the past couple weeks?

I have been meaning to stop by and discuss GOT, but I have been SO busy and have been catering to other shows :blush: .

But I have to say I like a lot of what has been going on, but I feel like we haven't made a lot of progress. I find Quarth and whatever is going to happen in The House of the Undying interesting, I love Brienne, but she hasn't had a lot of screen time. They Grey Joys just disgust me (although Theon's sister is the only one I have any empathy for at all), I hate Margery, I love the whole J. Hagar and Arya story, Eggritt (sp?) also rocks. John Snow is still my favorite character and I am glad we are getting more into all the things that are happening beyond the wall, Rob I always am just sort of mutual about though I like his love interest, Tyrion is just always great and worry for Shea whom I also like, Cerci has also I think developed more and I kind of find myself coming to understand her much better, Jamie is a lost cause at the moment, I feel like we have been left in the dark about Melisandra and her shadow demon baby, and I hate Stannis, and was sad to see Renly die so quickly!

Now after reading what I wrote, I think a lot is happening, but when I think about it episode to episode it doesn't feel so epic...but maybe the last episode was more filler than not? --Bu anyways something tells me these last two episodes will probably kick some things into to gear...can we please kill our King already! :lol:

Yet for all their evolution, they form no bonds.
Love does not exist for them. They are incapable of dreaming,
Of contemplating beauty, Of knowing something greater than themselves.
DarthLocke
Show Expert

Return to Game of Thrones Discusson [No Spoilers]