[Official] Game of Thrones Ep. 2.09 Discussion

Spoilerfree Game of Thrones Discussion

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

[Official] Game of Thrones Ep. 2.09 Discussion

Postby Dreyesbo on Mon May 28, 2012 1:33 am

"Blackwater"

Written by the book author, George R.R. Martin.

08:00PM

Discuss the latest Game of Thrones episode here

Tyrion and the Lannisters fight for their lives as Stannis' fleet assaults King's Landing.

Check out STV.com/Game of Thrones for Spoilers and more.
"There's something you better understand about me because it's important. And one day your life may depend on it...I am definitely a mad man with a box."

Dreyesbo
Senior Moderator

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: [Official] Game of Thrones Ep. 2.09 Discussion

Postby Dreyesbo on Mon May 28, 2012 1:40 am

Now, if *this* episode doesn't generate discussion, I don't know what will :PP
"There's something you better understand about me because it's important. And one day your life may depend on it...I am definitely a mad man with a box."

Dreyesbo
Senior Moderator

Postby DarthLocke on Mon May 28, 2012 2:45 pm

Ha! :lol:

I can't believe the whole episode revolved around the battle at King's Landing and how GOOD it was! :thumbsup:

The one thing I want to comment on is that I hope Sansa doesn't go with the Hound back to Winterfell. --Even though King's Landing was built by the Targarians, I suspect that the IRON Throne must have been built by the Greyjoys, and because Theon screwed up so badly with by killing the youngest Stark boys ;), bringing Sansa to them might give them clout to blackmail Rob...

Cercei is pistol! :lol: I was SO worried for Shea and later for Tumen! Lancel on the other hand was actually pretty magnificent. I was glad to see that he survived combat and he is starting to hold his own ground. Tyrion of course was wonderful (He always gives the best inspirational speeches) and I love how he finds a way to survive everything. But I think the scene at the end was really fantastic, because the episode had the perfect build up to Cercei's suicide plans, but to see her father walk through the door (despite how she seems to be exceptionally mad at him) as she sat on the Iron Throne with her youngest was priceless breath taking scene.

I thought the battle scenes were really well done, although some of the ship scenes where exceptionally dark, but I guess that is pretty realistic. I am glad it was the episode before the finale and not the finale. As amazing as this was, I am really curious to see where everyone else ends up before the season ends... :)

Yet for all their evolution, they form no bonds.
Love does not exist for them. They are incapable of dreaming,
Of contemplating beauty, Of knowing something greater than themselves.
DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby dutchie on Mon May 28, 2012 9:01 pm

Not my favourite episode.
dutchie
Emmy Winner

Postby Devil's Arcade on Tue May 29, 2012 1:22 am

Oh, f*ck me.
Devil's Arcade
Show Expert

Postby NK-Metal on Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:38 pm

It was amazing!

Also regarding people feeling that certain storylines are going a bit slow, it's the same way in the books. Dany had 10 chapters in the first one and had only 5 in the second book. Granted, most of her chapters were a bit boring except for The House Of The Undying chapter and Jon had more chapters but it took them like 3 chapters to even get to Craster's house which they already reached in the first episode of the season. If you're going to give up on Game of Thrones then I must feel sorry for you because so much awesome is yet to come!
Lost is the best :D I also love Game of Thrones, American Horror Story, The Walking Dead, Once Upon A Time, Dexter, Misfits, Glee, Prison Break, Fringe, Breaking Bad and others :D

click for Lost quizzes!
http://www.sporcle.com/user/Jorss1/contributed
NK-Metal
Stunt Double

Return to Game of Thrones Discusson [No Spoilers]