Game of Thrones Season 2: What do you expect to see?

Spoiler Discussion for Game of Thrones

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Game of Thrones Season 2: What do you expect to see?

Postby sjorsman on Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:04 am

Now season 1 is over, we can look forward to season 2 of Game of Thrones.

But what are you looking forward to see the most?
And what did you think of the first season as a whole?

Let me know...:D
sjorsman
Show Expert

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: Game of Thrones Season 2: What do you expect to see?

Postby DarthLocke on Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:03 am

Although Arya is suppose to be on her way to The Wall and as much as I would love for her to reunite with Jon, something tells me it won't be that easy...IMO non of the intentions of the characters seem to go fully as they plan, which I love because it becomes hard to predict!

From the start I feel like there is some connection, or some up coming connection between Jon and Daenery...It's odd that he should be at the wall (Ice) dealing with white walkers, as she allows another to use magic to save her husband...and then Jon get's that special [magical?] sword and gets lectured about not being able be both a family man and a man of wall from yet another Targarian (which I think he might of had a secret family) as Jon then learns he lost his father, while Daenery looses her husband, but uses the the lesson of sacrifice to hatch the dragons (fire) and show herself she is of magic too! --Both characters are set up to be outsiders that are coming into there own and who's fates seemed to be really tested.

I would like to Sansa come into her own as well...she is in a tricky position, but I hope deep down she can become savy and prove her worth.

I also hope King Jerk-face gets his :P Although then I would assume his younger brother would be Kind, which would really mean Cersie would be King...

Something also tells me that Tyrion bringing his new girlfriend home isn't going to go over well at all. And somehow I think Jamie will escape or be blackmailed to be freed.

I am also interested in Brams relationship with Osha...she seems to know a lot and I was interested in her statements about the old Gods verses the new Gods and if there is any connection to those beliefs in contrast to what's happening with the Kingdoms and the White Walkers...I hope she is around a while, I find her desire to talk to Bram about these things at all quite fascinating and hope she doesn't have an ill agenda towards him.

Other than that I am not sure what to expect. I find that if the tag line, "If you play the game of thrones, you either live or die!", is the truth, then I think anything can happen and that's exciting! :)

Yet for all their evolution, they form no bonds.
Love does not exist for them. They are incapable of dreaming,
Of contemplating beauty, Of knowing something greater than themselves.
DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby kovalchuk on Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:33 am

for me, unseen but mentioned character play a bigger part in my excitement.

i haven't read the book but heard things about Stannis Baratheon will be an essential character.
also the other "Houses" on the map, House Tyrell, Greyjoy, etc...

and "the Others" from north of the Wall, so maybe we can learn more about whitewalkers.
kovalchuk
Viewer

Postby Sandiwich11 on Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:53 pm

Chris Eccleston may join the cast - http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/06/game-o ... rumor.html

I'm squeeing like a proper little fangirl :lol: :wub: Who would he be likely to play? I'm still only on the first book at present, racing through it thou so would appreciate a heads up for when I start reading :thumbsup:

Follow me on Twitter: Sandiwich11
Sandiwich11
Former Staff Member

Postby Bella on Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:54 pm

Well, even though we now know it's not true (*sob*), I could really see him as Stannis - though they would've had to darken his hair, knowing what we do of the importance the coloring played in Jon A's figuring certain things out about the Baratheon line. Or... even better... Mance Rayder, the self-fashioned "king beyond the Wall."

Twitter / YouTube Channel

:) STV Podcast co-host :)
Bella
Senior Moderator

Postby Dreyesbo on Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:06 pm

Bella wrote:Well, even though we now know it's not true (*sob*), I could really see him as Stannis - though they would've had to darken his hair, knowing what we do of the importance the coloring played in Jon A's figuring certain things out about the Baratheon line. Or... even better... Mance Rayder, the self-fashioned "king beyond the Wall."

Well, Stannis is bald, but of course that can change in the show. Mance Rayder would be awesome, though, I can see that. But he isn't introduced until book 3.

But yeah, the most common guesses are Stannis Baratheon, Robert's younger brother, or Balon Greyjoy. If the rumors turn into actual casting, as they sometimes have, I think Balon Greyjoy is the better choice, as he has less screentime (and thus, Eccleston wouldn't feel tied down to the show). I'll discuss other potential characters later.
"There's something you better understand about me because it's important. And one day your life may depend on it...I am definitely a mad man with a box."

Dreyesbo
Senior Moderator

Postby Bella on Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:11 pm

Hmm, forgot he was bald. Still, he could portray Stannis' personality well. As for Balon, he's portrayed in the books as a bit older than Eccleston, so they'd have to age him. And his role would be rather unsatisfying, IMO, for us in terms of Eccleston in the role. I'd say Stannis or Mance would be my choices.

Twitter / YouTube Channel

:) STV Podcast co-host :)
Bella
Senior Moderator

Postby Sawyer5665 on Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:32 pm

STANNIS BARATHEON HAS BEEN CAST!!!

Also, sorceress Melisandre has also been cast, but I don't know who that is...possibly because I'm still reading book one.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/07/19/stannis-melisandre/

Melisandre will be played by Carice van Houten, a Dutch stage and film actress. She’s appeared in the movies Valkyrie and Repo Men.

And Stannis will be played by…British actor Stephen Dillane, best known to U.S. audiences by playing Thomas Jefferson in HBO’s John Adams.
DarthLocke made this awesome signature!!!

Take me to another place,
Take me to another land,
Make me forget all that hurts me,
Let me understand your plan.
Sawyer5665
Show Expert

Postby sjorsman on Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:13 pm

I think it's a great cast!!

And they will both be great in their roles!
I come from the Netherlands like Carice van Houten and I've seen a lot of her work. And trust me she is up for it!

I think she's perfect for the role of Melisandre and that this will be her great breakthrough as a international actress:D

Can't wait for season 2!!!
sjorsman
Show Expert

Postby Gus TT Showbiz on Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:44 am

Gus TT Showbiz
Former Staff Member

Postby Sawyer5665 on Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:22 am

I haven't read the 2nd book yet, but while I was reading book one a few minutes ago I had a thought of something I'd really like to see in season two. And again, I have no idea if this actually happens in the book or not. Arya is on her way north along the kingsroad with Yoren, right? I think it would be awesome if Arya were to get in some trouble along the way....some sticky situation where she needed to be saved. And then out of nowhere, her direwolf Nymeria rushes in and saves her...reuniting her with her wolf.
DarthLocke made this awesome signature!!!

Take me to another place,
Take me to another land,
Make me forget all that hurts me,
Let me understand your plan.
Sawyer5665
Show Expert

Postby Gus TT Showbiz on Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:35 am

Sawyer5665 wrote:I haven't read the 2nd book yet, but while I was reading book one a few minutes ago I had a thought of something I'd really like to see in season two. And again, I have no idea if this actually happens in the book or not. Arya is on her way north along the kingsroad with Yoren, right? I think it would be awesome if Arya were to get in some trouble along the way....some sticky situation where she needed to be saved. And then out of nowhere, her direwolf Nymeria rushes in and saves her...reuniting her with her wolf.

Arya and Nymeria ftfw :thumbsup:

2nd book is incredible, you are in for such a treat :thumbsup:

Honestly, Davos isn't really how I pictured him, for some reason I pictured him as a more Henry Ian Cusick kinda type. John Adams was awesome, so Stannis casting seems really good. Not sure about Melisandre yet. However, the casting so far, has been spot **** on, so I'm not worrying. I wasn't so sure about Catelyn at first, but she really shined in the latter part of the season (well as much as the character could at least :PP ) .
Gus TT Showbiz
Former Staff Member

Postby dutchie on Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:46 am

sjorsman wrote:I think it's a great cast!!

And they will both be great in their roles!
I come from the Netherlands like Carice van Houten and I've seen a lot of her work. And trust me she is up for it!

I think she's perfect for the role of Melisandre and that this will be her great breakthrough as a international actress:D

Can't wait for season 2!!!

Dito :thumbsup:
dutchie
Emmy Winner

Postby Dreyesbo on Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:11 pm

Gus TT Showbiz wrote:Honestly, Davos isn't really how I pictured him, for some reason I pictured him as a more Henry Ian Cusick kinda type.

Yeah, so id i. Robert Carlyle also came to my mind. But let's see how he does. Melissandre does have the look, i can't wait to see her in red :D
"There's something you better understand about me because it's important. And one day your life may depend on it...I am definitely a mad man with a box."

Dreyesbo
Senior Moderator

Postby NK-Metal on Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:20 pm

I am excited :D I am halfway through the third book now. Be prepared for A LOT of awesome :P.
Lost is the best :D I also love Game of Thrones, American Horror Story, The Walking Dead, Once Upon A Time, Dexter, Misfits, Glee, Prison Break, Fringe, Breaking Bad and others :D

click for Lost quizzes!
http://www.sporcle.com/user/Jorss1/contributed
NK-Metal
Stunt Double

Return to Game of Thrones Spoilers