[Official] Grey's Anatomy Ep. 7.01 Discussion

General discussion for 'Grey's Anatomy'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

[Official] Grey's Anatomy Ep. 7.01 Discussion

Postby PandaVamp on Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:12 pm

“With You I’m Born Again”

09:00PM

Discuss Grey's Anatomy's Season Premiere here

SEASON PREMIERE: THE DEADLY SHOOTING SPREE LEAVES SEATTLE GRACE MERCY WEST IN AN UNCERTAIN STATE OF

“With You I’m Born Again” -- After an unforgettable and heart-pounding season finale, “Grey’s Anatomy” returns for its seventh season on THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 23 (9:00-10:01 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network. In the season premiere, the hospital staff is trying to deal with physical and emotional trauma in the wake of the deadly rampage of a vengeful gunman. As Dr. Perkins (James Tupper), a trauma counselor, is brought in to help in the recovery and to assess each doctor’s readiness to return to work, Derek makes a spontaneous decision to resign as Chief and rushes back into surgery, taking everything a little too fast, and Cristina buries herself in her wedding planning.

“Grey’s Anatomy” stars Ellen Pompeo as Meredith Grey, Patrick Dempsey as Derek Shepherd, Sandra Oh as Cristina Yang, Justin Chambers as Alex Karev, Chandra Wilson as Miranda Bailey, James Pickens, Jr. as Richard Webber, Sara Ramirez as Callie Torres, Eric Dane as Mark Sloan, Chyler Leigh as Lexie Grey, Kevin McKidd as Owen Hunt, Jessica Capshaw as Arizona Robbins, Kim Raver as Teddy Altman, Jesse William as Jackson Avery and Sarah Drew as April Kepner.

Guest cast includes James Tupper as Andrew Perkins, Jason George as Ben, Debra Mooney as Mrs. Hunt, Judy Prescott as Donna and Matthew Fahey as Greg.

“With You I’m Born Again” was written by Krista Vernoff and directed by Rob Corn.

Source: ABC

- Promotional Photos
- More Promotional Photos
- Promo 1
- Promo 2
- Promo 3
- Sneak Peeks

You have to invite me in.
PandaVamp
Senior Moderator

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: [Official] Grey's Anatomy Ep. 7.01 Discussion

Postby McSunny on Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:49 am

Just a quick note with a few details since I need to rewatch to remember more. I liked it. I know it's just because I'm a MerDer fan but I love that we are getting to see them. Started with Der speeding & going to jail and Mer was saying "again Derek?". Said the only reason they don't yank his license is because he has fixed several of the cops in the past. Shows Mer talking to the new therapist and she's saying they are all fine and that she's fine. But he doesn't clear her. Der comes to work and April (yuk) meets him with this huge brain surgery guy's films. Der is looking at them and then gets on the steps to thank everyone for their support and says "you know what? I hate being chief and Richard is really our chief, so I quit".

Bailey was the one on the plane coming back from visiting her parents with Tuck. Shows flashback of Bailey getting in cab to leave and Ben (her boyfriend) shows up and he was playing golf while the shootings were going on and Baily won't even look at him. At the end of the show Bailey is coming out of the hospital and Ben is waiting for her. She says he's great but she can't deal with him right now because she's too busy trying to hold herself together, so he says he understands and leaves. Guess he's gone for the new show.

Shows Alex/Teddy and she tells him the bullet is close to the surface and can come out now. Alex says no he's keeping it and the chicks dig it. Alex talks to the trauma doc and the doc asks him about his reaction last week and he flashes back to being in the ER with Mark and Lexie comes up losing it. Mark tells Alex to help her, she's knocking stuff off carts and crap and Alex looks at him and says "I have things to do" and just walks off. Still, the doc clears him for surgery. Mer's hacked he got cleared.

Chris is walking around with Bridal Mags and not even watching Der's big surgery and Mer yanks her outside and we see the scene in the sneak with Mer questioning Chris. After Chris says she needs to tell Der about the miscarraige Chris just walks off. Shows Chris in with the trauma guy and she won't even answer his questions about surgery and just talks about getting married.

Owen asks Der to be his best Man.

Mer goes to confront the trauma doc about clearing Alex and we see the scene with her walking in on him and Teddy. Trauma doc says he thinks she's not being honest about something and that it's dangerous. Mer flashes to being in a bed at another hospital with Christina and she makes Chris leave her to go back and tell all that know not to tell Der about the miscarraige. Chris leaves. An OB comes in and starts talking about doing a D & C. Mer is a little teary eyed. She then walks out of trauma docs office.

After Der's big surgery he and Mer are in an on-call room making out and he says lets make a baby. Then he gets paged.

Arizona tells Teddy that Callie is watching her all the time and she knows something is up but doesn't want to ask and burst their happy bubble.

At one point it shows Mer, Chris, Lexie, Jackson, April & Alex down in the hospital hallways eating like the Fab 5 used to do. Hated that April and Jackson were there and they ARE NOT part of the group.

Shows Der after Chris operated on him and April (lord no) is sitting with him. Tells him Mer will be back soon and goes on and on about how sorry she is that she got him shot.

Shows Der speeding again (he is so cute with this twinkle in his eye that is adorable) and then he gets pulled over. Mer shows up at the jail. She gets the ring for the wedding and then leaves and leaves Der in jail. So, he doesn't make the wedding.

Owen comes into Mer's house and Mer tells him to pick another best man. She goes into her bedroom where Chris and she share a cute moment and Mer tells Chris that Owen is perfect for her. Forgot to say that during the show Chris flashes back to sitting in her apartment afraid of being alone. Owen comes in and he says he will never leave her and pulls out a ring. Chris just says "oh thank you, thank you".

Alex and Lexie in the kitchen and he makes a comment about her having crazy eyes but looking hot. Lexie then tells him he's not such a big man for living and tha when he was dying he was crying for his ex-wife who left him.

Arizona comes in and up to Callie and Callie asks her to move in with her and Arizona says yes.

Mer/Chris come down the stares together. Both look lovely but Mer is particulary nice looking. Gorgeous. Mer gives Owen Christina's hand and then kisses Owen on the cheek and smiles really big and then kisses Chris.

The VO starts and talks over the wedding part just showing faces of the people that are there. Shows Mark looking at Lexie and Lex smiles. Shows Callie/Arizona smiling. Bailey smiling then this shot of April crying (why?). Then a shot of Teddy. You here Chris say "I do" and that's it.

Maybe it's just because Der was so cute and I got to see Mer several times but I liked it. It had a touch of the old Grey's charm EXCEPT for the times they tried to show April/Jackson as part of the group.

Oh, and Mark was the one that bursts into trauma docs office and was upset because he cleared Lexie to go back to work. Trauma doc says Lexie has PTSD, that they all do, that she reacted by not sleeping and going into overdrive until she had a breakdown. They sedated her and she slept for 50 hours and now she's fine. Right.

That's all I can recall right now.
McSunny
Supporting Actor

Postby Taylijane on Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:37 am

Thanks, Linda! :)
"Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow."

Meredith S5E24
Taylijane
Supporting Actor

Postby Irina on Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:01 am

Thank you!
Irina
Extra

Postby Leliforever on Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:57 pm

I didn't like the episode at all.It was painful to see Mer in the flashback with chris and Lexie..OMG Lexie was so devastated and the scene was just painful.Thank God she realised Mark is the one and I hope he gets her better.
And the scene with Derek and "let's make a baby now"did SHonda really have to do that to Mer.I can only imagine what she must have been through ,the pain she 's been keeping inside all this time with Derek not knowing.ANd Derek's character really **** me off during the entire episode.Seriously!After 6 seasons,the only time I' mad at my Baby!
Well done Shonda...
Congrats to owen & Chris (although if you ask me,honestly,Chris wasn't ready at all...!)
(Quick review but I'm heading to the doctor...)
When something begins,you generally have no idea how it's going to end...
The house you were going to sell becomes your home,the roomates you were forced to take in become your family...
And the one night stand you were determined to forget becomes the love of your life...
Leliforever
Supporting Actor

Postby Joshua on Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:37 am

I loved it. Typical, good-old Grey's :)

But yes, McDreamy has become McNightmare. Really annoying :glare:

That surgery was AWESOME :w00t:
Joshua
Forum Moderator

Postby md_em on Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:54 pm

Thank you linda for your review. Good job as always :thumbsup:
I did like this epi. I like to see that a show can go on without telling all the time the same story.

PenguinJosh wrote:I loved it. Typical, good-old Grey's :)

Penguinjosh, you've got an awesome avatar :thumbup:
But you came back. Will to Alicia Season 1

Meredith wasn't a fling. She wasn't revenge. I fell in love with her. That doesn't go away because I decided to stay with you. Derek to Addison Season 2.
Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow. Mer voice over Season 5.
md_em
Star Billing

Postby Joshua on Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:49 pm

md_em wrote:Thank you linda for your review. Good job as always :thumbsup:
I did like this epi. I like to see that a show can go on without telling all the time the same story.

PenguinJosh wrote:I loved it. Typical, good-old Grey's :)

Penguinjosh, you've got an awesome avatar :thumbup:

Hehe thanks :D

I like that they took time to look at the repercussions of the shooting and not just gloss over it.
Joshua
Forum Moderator

Postby DestinyFound on Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:01 pm

good premier episode! Great acting as usual, but the ep was slow without a real interesting case. I am not a fan of the sudden nature of the wedding though. but what do u except from Christina haha? MER NEEDS TO TELL DER ABOUT THE BABY!!!!! jeeeez haha. I am proud of little grey for standing up to alex as well ;) :lol:
Show Expert for Glee and The Office
DestinyFound
Show Expert

Postby Joshua on Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:15 am

Not an interesting case?

They sliced the guys face in half :w00t:

But yeah, they wasted no time on patient interaction to instead catch us up on what'd happened.

(p.s. DF you watch the best shows!)
Joshua
Forum Moderator

Return to Grey's Anatomy Discussion [No spoilers!]