[Official] Grey's Anatomy Ep. 7.03 Discussion

General discussion for 'Grey's Anatomy'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

[Official] Grey's Anatomy Ep. 7.03 Discussion

Postby PandaVamp on Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:22 am

“Superfreak”

09:00PM

Discuss the latest Grey's Anatomy episode here

DEREK IS VISITED BY HIS ESTRANGED SISTER, AMELIA SHEPHERD, ON ABC'S "GREY'S ANATOMY"

Guest Starring "Private Practice's" Caterina Scorsone as Dr. Amelia Shepherd

James Tupper ("Men in Trees") Guest Stars
"Superfreak" - When Derek receives an unexpected and unwelcome visit from his estranged sister, Amelia, issues between the siblings -- both past and present -- come to the surface; the Chief tries to help Alex when he notices that he's refusing to use the elevators after his near-fatal shooting; and Meredith and Derek continue their efforts to ease Cristina back into surgery after her post-traumatic stress, on "Grey's Anatomy," THURSDAY, OCTOBER 7 (9:00-10:01 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

"Grey's Anatomy" stars Ellen Pompeo as Meredith Grey, Patrick Dempsey as Derek Shepherd, Sandra Oh as Cristina Yang, Justin Chambers as Alex Karev, Chandra Wilson as Miranda Bailey, James Pickens, Jr. as Richard Webber, Sara Ramirez as Callie Torres, Eric Dane as Mark Sloan, Chyler Leigh as Lexie Grey, Kevin McKidd as Owen Hunt, Jessica Capshaw as Arizona Robbins, Kim Raver as Teddy Altman, Jesse Williams as Jackson Avery and Sarah Drew as April Kepner.

Guest cast includes Caterina Scorsone as Amelia, James Tupper as Andrew Perkins, Dana Davis as Gretchen, Art Chudabala as Jerry, Omar Gooding as Danny, and Jolene Kim as Tess. Co-starring Sean Carrigan as Todd and Arlene Santana as nurse.

"Superfreak" was written by Mark Wilding and directed by Michael Pressman.

Source: ABC

Copied From: http://www.spoilertv.com/2010/09/greys- ... z11d6eAb4A
Thanks for linking back. It really helps our site. Please leave the above link in.

- Promotional Photos
- Promo
- Sneak Peek
- 6 Sneak Peek

You have to invite me in.
PandaVamp
Senior Moderator

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: [Official] Grey's Anatomy Ep. 7.03 Discussion

Postby McSunny on Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:11 am

I liked this episode quite a bit. Some really great scenes with Der/Cris and a great scene at the end with Der/Amelia. Too much April. Any April is too much for me but they had the whole "virginity" SL going this episode so we definitely get too much of her. One moment I actually made a gagging sound. When Mer says "oh April, I'm liking you more and more". Yuk, Yuk, major Yuk! Also, had the Teddy is sad about Andrew (trauma doc) leaving SL. Could have done without that filler. Take those two things out and it was a really good episode.

Recap

Started with a great scene of MerDer sleeping and Cris knocking on door. Opens door and says Owen at the hospital. Looks at Der sleeping and says never mind. Mer tells her to come get in bed. Cris says isn't that kind of wierd and Mer says come on, he's asleep. Cris gets in bed with them. Der wakes and rolls over to put his arm across Mer and feels Cris. Just looks funny and turns back over.

Sneak of the Attendings and Der saying "she goes I go". Go Derek!

Sneak of Amelia arriving and running into Mark.

Sneak of Az/Callie/Teddy in break room talking about getting CO to move out and Teddy getting attached to Andrew.

MerDer & Cris walk up to Amelia. Der is like "oh come on"! Amy says Todd (tumor patient) has pituitary tumor. Der asks if his hands are soft and if they were on Amy's breast at the time. Says Mile High club. Amy says he's still sick. Der says Cris will find him a surgeon. Mer says at least you could have coffee with your sister. Der ignores her and tells Cris to work Todd up.

Chief is taking a patient on the elevator and Alex makes up excuse before getting on and leaves. Mer comes up and wants to go with Richard and he says no for her to go help Kepner. April comes up and says she needs help and Mer says she is her help. April says she thought Mer was on Der's service and Mer says he took Cris. April starts babbling about Cris not being ready. She then says "she was at the house last night" like she lives at Mers already. April says Cris slept with Mer and Mer is married and it's wierd. Mer tells her to shut up and that she doesn't talk about Cris.

Bailey/Jackson/Lexie outside ER when lady pulls up with the wart pt. When he gets out of the car Lexie gasps and screams "oh my g..". Bailey gives her a hard look.

Lexie is apologizing for losing it to Bailey and Bailey tells her she will spend the whole day with wart patient.

April/Mer in ER. Mer says she is sorry if she hurt April's feelings but there are some things she doesn't talk about and Cris is one of them. Lady they are working on needs a chest x-ray because she can't breathe and they ask if she could be pregnant. Lady tells them she's a virgin and she and her fiance are waiting until they get married in two weeks. Fiance there and joking about it. April looks funny.

Lexie tells Mark that Bailey needs him for a consult. She leaves and he is staring after her. Callie tells him to look away and he says he can't. Callie says she told you to leave her alone and Mark says maybe she just needed more time. Then he says he'll try to look away.

Der/Cris/Amelia in CT room. Amy asks if it hurt. Asks if he felt the bullet or just the pain. Der says he feels pain now because she won't shut up. Scans come up and they see a tumor. Der starts asking Cris questions about procedures and she is very apathetic and says she doesn't know. Amy gives them a strange look. Says can we book and OR. Der says Cris will scrub in & Cris leaves to book an OR. Amy says Cris has a learning disability and why doesn't Der just shoot the guy. Der is mad and says don't talk about shooting people here and don't critisize his surgeons. Tells Amy leave your patient here and go home.

Mark/Bailey/Lexie & others in wart patients room telling him what's wrong with him and that he needs surgery but it's not a fix and the warts will come back. Patient says he'll look like frankenstein instead and there's no point in the surgery. Wife says he will have the surgery or she will leave him and he has noone else.

Sneak with Mer at OR board putting Amy on the board and Der says no and tells Mer about Amy crashing his mustang, being on pain pills, stealing his prescription pad and then she OD'd and he found her and saved her.

Cris in on-call room and scene when Owen comes in and she asks him if he'd still lover her if she wasn't a surgeon. He says he'd love her if she was a plumber but would she love herself. Cris says she can't sleep when he's not there and he says then he'll be there.

Alex passes the chief on the stairs.

Sneak with Callie asking Mer to talk to Cris about moving out.

Mer/April/Teddy in OR with virgin girl and talking about her being a virgin and Apr defending her. Teddy pulls a condom out of the girls throat.

Alex/Jackson/Mer/Cris/April talking about virgin girl and the condom. Say she's a freak because she's 27 and a virgin. April says it's not impossible.

Great scene with Der/Owen and Owen asks Der if he's ok with Cris sleeping with them. He says it's wierd but that the girls are like that old movie ET. They have a strange and disturbing bond. When ET would get drunk then Elliot would be drunk too. When Elliot go sick then ET was sick too. Says the girls are like that. Owen says you're ok with that. Der says he fishes, builds his house and has taken up golf and that helps. Der tells Owen he's watching out for Cris and Owen says thanks.

Group sneak with everyone asking how old they all were when it was there first time to have sex. They figure out that April is a virgin.

Der scrubbing in & Amy comes in. Der tells her to leave and she says "smart guy, you want to pretend we're not related but we are. Something happened to you. Der says what do you want Amy. Amy says this is not all about you. 2 men in her family got shot and 1 died. She can't talk about their Dad because she was only 5. Der tells her go home. She says he won't talk about their Dad or anything. Der says leave that he has a good resident to help him. Cris comes in and doesn't want to be there. Amy makes a crack and Der says fine you can stay.

Gallery full watching wart patient surgery. Lexie obviously grossed out and Mark is watching her.

April/Mer in room with virgin. Tell her she had a condom and they got it out. Fiance mad and storms out. Thinks she had sex with someone else.

OR with Der/Amy/Cris and something goes wrong. Der needs Cris to do something and she can't so Amy does it.

Alex runs out of the stairs. Chief won't let him scrub in because he's sweaty and tells him he stinks. Tells Alex to go shower.

OR with wart guy. Can't find any good skin to graft and Jackson says so he will look awful. Lexie (wanting ou of there) says she can go update the wife & Bailey says she's not going anywhere.

Virgin patient. Fiance comes back and wants his ring. April tried to tell him the girl didn't cheat. She stutters and rambles about the girls bachelorette party and party favors and games. Finally Mer says that they put a condom on a banana and the girl swallowed it. Guy bursts out laughing and says he loves her. April tears up.

Cris standing in OR. Amy gets tumor out and Cris asks if she can leave. Der says yes. Amy starts badmouthing Cris and calls her a dud. Der gets real mad and tells her that Cris saved his life and for Amy to get the hell out of his OR.

Sneak with Cris playing cards and Der comes in and talks to her about flaming out.

Scene where the chief is making Alex get on the elevator.

Mark telling wart patient's wife that there was no good skin to graft. She says so he's going to stay like this. Then she says she can't take it and is going to leave him. Sometimes 2 people can love each other and it's just not enough.

Morgue with guy that died of heart attack and Der wants Cris to go through what she did to him. Cris says she can't remember. Der opens his shirt and tells her how to start. Hands Cris the scalpel. After some time Cris takes it and makes the incision. Der says what's next and Cris picks up the saw and then continues.

Great scene with Der outside the hospital and Amy comes out. Says she's leaving. Der starts talking. Says "We were in the back of the store and Dad had just given you 2 pennies. You always put them under this crack in the floor and were saving to buy a town. 2 guys came in and we weren't paying attention until Dad yelled. They had already taken the money but wanted the watch that mom gave him. He wouldn't give it up. They shot him and you lunged forward". Amy says she tried to move but couldn't. Der continues "You couldn't move because my arm was around you holding you tight. I put one hand over your mouth so you wouldn't make any noise. I prayed you would be quite. You were so little. I think that's what I wanted all these years. For you to stay little & quite & safe. You're not those things. You're loud, fearless & it scares the crap out of me. How am I supposed to tell you I got shot. I can't share my pain with you because I don't want you to know that pain exists". Der puts his arm around Amy.

Az/Callie/Bailey/Teddy in the lounge drinking brandy. Andrew comes in and Calzone and Bailey leave. Teddy doesn't know why she's so upset. Andrew tells her it's because she falls for guys that are not available. Guys that are engaged or not in town for very long.

Alex/Chief still riding the elevators.

Shows wife leaving wart patient while Mark watches.

Alex/April/Jackson/Mer/Lexie at Joe's still ribbing April about being a virgin. She gets mad and says everyone has things they don't talk about. Alex is afraid of the elevators. Jackson wakes screaming from nightmares. Mer won't talk about Cris because she's afraid Cris will never be the same. Lexie needs to relize that Mark is not staring because he thinks she is pathetic it's because he's in love with her. Mer says "oh April, I'm starting to like you more and more" (GAG!!!!).

Owen comes home and sits on the couch with Cris. Cris says she might be happy to be a plumber. Calzone come in making out heavily. Ripping clothes off each other right in front of Owen/Cris. Cris says "man we've got to get our own apartment".

Lexie goes to Marks apartment, smiling. Outside she sees Mark/Amelia making out. They back into Marks door.
McSunny
Supporting Actor

Postby Irina on Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:37 am

as always :) Thank you very much for the recap!!

Sad about Mark & Lexie :huh:
Irina
Extra

Postby md_em on Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:11 am

Thank you so much Linda, I'm waiting to see this epi :roll:
But you came back. Will to Alicia Season 1

Meredith wasn't a fling. She wasn't revenge. I fell in love with her. That doesn't go away because I decided to stay with you. Derek to Addison Season 2.
Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow. Mer voice over Season 5.
md_em
Star Billing

Postby Taylijane on Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:00 am

McSunny wrote:
Lexie goes to Marks apartment, smiling. Outside she sees Mark/Amelia making out. They back into Marks door.

:cry:
"Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow."

Meredith S5E24
Taylijane
Supporting Actor

Postby Joshua on Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:57 pm

Enjoyed this ep :D Derek was less annoying, Owen was awesome with Christina, poor Lexi... :(

Why is April in this show?!
Joshua
Forum Moderator

Postby McSunny on Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:35 pm

PenguinJosh wrote:Enjoyed this ep :D Derek was less annoying, Owen was awesome with Christina, poor Lexi... :(

Why is April in this show?!

I think lots of folks want to know why April is in this show! :lol: I thought there were some great Derek scenes in this one. I like the Der/Cris scenes. Both PD & SO do a great job.
McSunny
Supporting Actor

Return to Grey's Anatomy Discussion [No spoilers!]