[Official] Grey's Anatomy Ep. 7.05 Discussion

General discussion for 'Grey's Anatomy'

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

[Official] Grey's Anatomy Ep. 7.05 Discussion

Postby PandaVamp on Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:04 pm

“Almost Grown”

09:00PM

Discuss the latest Grey's Anatomy episode here

THE CHIEF PUTS THE RESIDENTS IN CHARGE AS THE ATTENDING SURGEONS COMPETE FOR A MILLION-DOLLAR GRANT, ON ABC'S "GREY'S ANATOMY"

Chandra Wilson Directs

"Almost Grown" - As part of their training, the Chief puts Seattle Grace's residents -- including Meredith, Cristina, April and Jackson -- in charge; meanwhile, Derek, Callie, Owen and the other attending surgeons compete for a million-dollar grant, on "Grey's Anatomy," THURSDAY,
OCTOBER 21 (9:00-10:01 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

"Grey's Anatomy" stars Ellen Pompeo as Meredith Grey, Patrick Dempsey as Derek Shepherd, Sandra Oh as Cristina Yang, Justin Chambers as Alex Karev, Chandra Wilson as Miranda Bailey, James Pickens, Jr. as Richard Webber, Sara Ramirez as Callie Torres, Eric Dane as Mark Sloan, Chyler Leigh as Lexie Grey, Kevin McKidd as Owen Hunt, Jessica Capshaw as Arizona Robbins, Kim Raver as Teddy Altman, Jesse Williams as Jackson Avery and Sarah Drew as April Kepner.

Guest starring Ron Perkins as Roy, Candice Patton as Meg, Randee Heller as Joanne, Deborah Strang as Ellie, Charlie Koznick as Trey, Susan Slome as Mindy and Jarrod Bailey as Seth.

"Almost Grown" was written by Brian Tanen and directed by Chandra Wilson.

"Grey's Anatomy" is broadcasted in 720 Progressive (720P), ABC's selected HTV format, with 5.1-channel surround sound. A TV parental guideline will be assigned closer to airdate.

Source: ABC

Copied From: http://www.spoilertv.com/2010/10/greys- ... z12zfeLp3A
Thanks for linking back. It really helps our site. Please leave the above link in.

- Promo 1
- CTV Promo
- Sneak Peek
- Sneak Peek 2
- 3 Sneak Peeks

You have to invite me in.
PandaVamp
Senior Moderator

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: [Official] Grey's Anatomy Ep. 7.05 Discussion

Postby McSunny on Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:48 am

I really liked this episode but that's because Mer & Alex Rocked surgery! They were awesome. Confident & in command. Just loved it. Nice that Jackson was the one that messed up and with April she kind of screwed up too.

Starts with the sneek with everyone in the locker room and Richard telling them they are attendings for the day. Flashes between that scene and Richard talking to the attendings and telling them about the 1 million dollars that will go to one of their dept after they give their pitch to him.

Sneek where April/Jackson are acting stupid while Callie/Ted/Bailey and chief watch and he says "pray people" then Callie pyschs Teddy out about talking to the chief.

Mark/Alex talking about patient that is getting a breast reduction. Arizona in the room and kid comes out of bathroom and it's a boy that has boobs named Seth.

Der/Mer/Jackson talking to woman patient about putting a shunt in. Womans partner (female) says who's doing it and Der says Mer or Jackson will. Woman raises cain about some kid doing the procedure. Patient says they have to learn let them learn on an old woman. Partner tells them that the patient has been her life for 40 yrs. Outside room Mer wants to know who gets to cut. Der says he will watch them both with drills in the skills lab & decide. Jackson mumbles about going against the wife and the deck being stacked against him.

Mark/Az talking about whether Karev can do the surgery. Callie comes up, says they should be worried about their presentations to the chief. Az says she'll get the money because no one says no to the tiny humans. Callie says she's not going to cry is she? Az says no but looks worried. Callie says well good and pats her shoulder. Arizona leaves. Mark says you're trying to psych her out and Callie says Ortho is getting that money because the tiny humans get plenty. Mark says he's getting the money and Callie is laughing. She says that he's never prepared and thinks he can get it on his looks and charm and whatever smart thing pops into his head. Mark says yes, because it always works. Callie laughing.

Teddy/April/Cris talking with patient Roy who came in with severe plmonary hypertension. april says they will run some tests and Roy says he doesn't need more tests that he needs a new set of lungs.

Sneek with April asking Teddy if Roy is candidate for transplant and wants to convene a panel. Ted tells Cris to get in the game.

Teddy giving Richard her presentation to get the money. Tells him Cardiac and Neuro are the beacon fields at the hospital but he can't give it to neuro because that's really only Derek and some others that stay in the shadows. Teddy goes off on a speech about Derek and that he tried to fire her but she doesn't hold much of a grudge. Richard watching her like she's nuts.

Sneek in skills lab with Mer/Jackson working the drill on eggs. Cris there and says she doesn't need to have any patients. Lex comes in saying all she has to do. Jackson keeps breaking eggs.

Alex with Seth drawing where he's going to cut and mom freaks out and changes mind and says no surgery. Seth wants Alex to talk to her & talks about all the names he gets called at school.

Cris/April telling Roy about the transplant panel. Roy wants to know what Cris thinks with the sour puss look on her face. Cris says its not a look it's just her face. April says it really is just Cris's face. Roy wants to know if Cris thinks he'll pass with the panel and she says she doesn't know. Roy tells her to cheer up, she's young, has her health and they are doctors. Says he bets their dads are really proud of them. April says her dad is really busting with pride. Roy asks Cris about her dad and she doesn't answer.

Mark/Alex/Arizona & Mark is mad because Seth's mom wants to back out of the surgery. Arizona tells Alex that 80% of a peds case is managing the parents. Alex says he's handling it.

Lex goes in to check ortho patient, Megan. Megan doesn't want Lexie, wants Callie and says Lexie doesn't know her case and looks messy and rushed. Lexie recites, in detail, Megan's case and Megan and her boyfriend are impressed and say she's good. Lex says she is good but she's busy.

Owen talking to Richard for the money. Says they need more trauma training for the staff. Owen says some of the people that died in the shooting might have been saved. Owen says Bailey did the best she could but with more trauma training maybe she would have assessed the situation differently and maybe Charles would have lived. Owen says Bailey will never forget that and neither will he. They failed their own doctors.

Mark with Richard. Mark wants to expand the burn unit & make the hospital nationally renowned for cosmetic surgery. Revenue from cosmetic helps support the burn unit. Richard says big ambitions and will take alot of effort. Mark leans over and smiles and says since he's not sleeping with anyone, no interns, no residents or nurses that he has a ton of bottled up energy. Richard has weird look and then tells Mark to get out.

Alex talking to Seth's mom to convince her to let Seth have surgery. Says he'll feel better about himselft. Mom wants to hear it from Arizona & Mark.

April runs to Cris & tells her that Roy's lab's are really bad & wants to know what they are going to tell the transplant panel and Cris says she doesn't know. April says you have to care and Cris just walks away.

Callie/Mark/Arizona/Teddy eating lunch, talking about what Mark said to the chief. Laughing. Mark says it's because Callie psyched him out and Callie says she's just honest. Alex comes by & Mark wants to know if he's convinced Seth's mom to have the surgery. Alex says she might want to talk to Mark & Arizona. Mark mocks Alex. Arizona has to go and see the chief next. Callie looks concerned and hands her some tissue. Arizona leaves and Mark tells Callie she has a sickness.

Der testing Jackson & Mer. Tells them if neither breaks the membrane on the egg he will look at their initials and decide. Time up. Der looks at Mer's egg and she has MG on it, he says good. Der looks at Jackson's and he has carved Avery. Der says you did your whole name? Mer jumps up and is mad and says he conned her that he hustled her into thinking he couldn't do it so she wouldn't practice hard. Der says if you didn't practice hard then you were over confident. Tells Avery he gets the surgery.

Arizona with chief. Finishes & Rich looks surprised and says good job. Arizona says you thought I'd cry? Says so did Callie, in fact, she gave me tissues. Arizona then goes on a rant about people not thinking she can be professional in this situation and that she will cry and break up. Rants on and Richard looks at her like yep she lost it.

Cris on computer & Owen comes up and asks how she is doing. Cris says her patient deserves a real doctor. Owen says lets go out in the alley and you can beat the crap out of me. Cris is smiling. Owen says he knew she was in there. Owen says at the end of the day, good or bad, we will go home together and kisses her on the cheek.

Alex watching Seth pack. Goes to Arizona & Mark who are talking to the mom. Alex gives a great speech about how Seth's life is going to be changed for the better by this surgery. Says let him be a man and make his own decision. Arizona & Mark look pleased.

Megan has headache and Lexie is going to order a neuro consult.

Der telling Jackson that when he gives him the drill it will be all him. He may have hustled Mer but he better not hustle him. This is a real person and a real brain. Jackson says he's got it. Pager goes off and it's Lex wanting neuro. Der tells Mer to get it.

Cris staring at Roy. April says cardio is not her thing. April rambles that it's Cris's thing & she's probably going to humiliate them both in the panel. Cris tells her Teddy could have convened a panel yesterday but didn't. April finally gets it and says Teddy doesn't think Roy is a candidate for transplant. Cris says right. Says everyone will be fine except for Roy. He'll be dead.

Scene where Mer comes into Megans room, diagnoses her and tells Lexie to page Shepherd 911.

Pager in OR. Telling Der and that's when Jackson screws up.

Callie with chief. Finishes. Chief says he was expecting something more impressive. Says take Dr. Robbins and Callie interupts him and goes on rant about how Arizona is better at everything than her. Nicer, more patient, even a better lesbian. Goes on and on about Callie being a late bloomer in that area and always just beeing a little on the outside of the circle. Not that she should have to apologive for having some history of liking sex with men. Richard just rolling his eyes.

Roy asking Cris if she is one of those geniuses that can't communicate socially. Cris says you mean autistic and he says yes, and laughs. Cris asks if he got his daughter to come and Roy says no she's not coming & he's on his own. April says panel is ready. Roy clutches Cris & says will this go my way? I want to live.

Der working on women that Jackson messed up on. Mer on phone saying where are you. Der saying he's tied up and she has to take point. Shows Mer starting surgery.

Alex in OR working on Seth. Mark says to Arizona, if I root against him am I evil? Arizona says the patient is a kid. Mark says you can do this Karev. Alex calmly starts surgery.

Mer taking scull piece off. (I was so PROUD of her, like a proud mama)

Der wowrking on woman.

Alex looking confident and doing his surgery. Mark/Arizona watching & Arizona smiling and nodding.

Bailey talking to Teddy saying you're letting Kepner take the lead with the panel? Teddy says Yang has been useless, like an intern. Cris overhears.

Mer in OR and she just stopped a bleeder. Lexie surprised she knew how to do that. Der rushes in & says what do we have? Mer says let me finish, I've got this. Der looks and smiling says Yes You Do.

Der talking to chief. Going to find a cure for Alzheimers. Richard says it will take more than a million for that. Der says he will find it because he's scared about Mer. Says he just watched her do an emergency craniotomy and she was perfect. Says she has her mom's skill & what if she has her disease? Says he's terrified everytime she forgets her keys or what day of the week it is. Says Ellis's started young. When the million runs out investors will throw money at him because they will have a dad, mom or wife that has Alzheimers. Same reason he will throw everything into this research. Break throughs don't happen because of medicine, they happen because someone is scared to death to stop trying. (GREAT speech)

Alex talking to Seth. Seth tells him he's the man, Alex says no you're the man and they bump fists.

April talking to panel about Roy needing transplant. Chief walks in. April nervous & says his labs are really bad & he's not a candidate. Chief asks then why convene a panel. April stuttering around. Teddy rolling eyes. April bombing, starts saying that they thought the patient was a candidate but they thought his daughter was coming and he has no one else and so has no one to help after the surgery. Cris says that's not a reason. Teddy asks Cris if she has something to say but Cris says no. Then she says that in all the transplant surgery's she's been involved with you have to factor in the patients will to live and that Roy has a great will to live. Cris says give him the lungs and he'll make it. She knows he will.

Avery watching women with partner. Der comes up and Avery says what are we going to tell them. That he messed up? Der says they are not going to say that. That he made an error and it happens and Der fixed it. Says now they go in and tell the ladies that the surgery was a success because it was. They go in. Women says to Der, did the kid do good. Der says the kid did good. Womans partner hugs Jackson and says she was wrong and thanks him.

April accusing Cris of not having her back, turning on her. Cris says she didn't plan it. April says she's not used to failing and Cris says she's not either. Ted comes up. Cris says she knows Teddy wasn't for Roy getting a transplant but she didn't agree. Sorry. Teddy says their job as doctors is to form an opinion and then argue for it. Cris did that and today she was a doctor.

Bailey/Chief talking & she wants the money for basic stuff. Fixing broken equipment and more nurses. Richard says he wanted something more inspiring. Bailey says look we both know you don't have a million dollars. Chief says things might just be a little different around here for the next few weeks.

Cris goes into Roy's room, little smile on her face. Roy laughs and says he can't call her sour puss anymore.

Locker room. Everyone tossing their dark blue scrubs in the dirty hamper. Lexie is asleep on the bench.

Mer's Voice Over is talking about how everyone wants to grow up real fast but they don't realize when they get out of the nest that they are all alone.

Chief shaking Owens hand - looks like he got the million. Der looks really sad. (Poor Der)

At Mer's door, Mer is looking in her purse and says "where's my keys". Der smiles sadly and says they are in your hand. They go in.
McSunny
Supporting Actor

Postby Irina on Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:29 am

:hail: Thank you!!
Irina
Extra

Postby md_em on Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:03 pm

Thank you Linda for your recap (so well done as always)
But you came back. Will to Alicia Season 1

Meredith wasn't a fling. She wasn't revenge. I fell in love with her. That doesn't go away because I decided to stay with you. Derek to Addison Season 2.
Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow. Mer voice over Season 5.
md_em
Star Billing

Postby Joshua on Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:37 pm

Great episode!!

Having Jackson & April screw up is not the way to make fans accept them as part of the group... I still don't.

What changes for the million? :S Staff cuts? :scared:

If Mer gets alzheimers, I don't think I could bear to watch the show :cry:
Joshua
Forum Moderator

Postby McSunny on Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:31 am

PenguinJosh wrote:Great episode!!

Having Jackson & April screw up is not the way to make fans accept them as part of the group... I still don't.

What changes for the million? :S Staff cuts? :scared:

If Mer gets alzheimers, I don't think I could bear to watch the show :cry:

I don't think I could bear it either. I have a terrible fear that sr will write MerDer out that way. She gets Alzheimer's and he goes off to do research. I swear I would hung sr down with wild dogs if she did that. :lol:
McSunny
Supporting Actor

Return to Grey's Anatomy Discussion [No spoilers!]