[Official] Grey's Anatomy Ep. 7.06 Discussion

General discussion for 'Grey's Anatomy'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

[Official] Grey's Anatomy Ep. 7.06 Discussion

Postby PandaVamp on Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:06 pm

“These Arms of Mine”

09:00PM

Discuss the latest Grey's Anatomy episode here

THE DOCTORS OF SEATTLE GRACE MERCY WEST ARE THE SUBJECTS OF A DOCUMENTARY FILM CREW, ON ABC’S “GREY’S ANATOMY”

Mandy Moore and Ryan Devlin Reprise Their Roles as Patient Mary and Her Husband, Bill

“These Arms of Mine” – A documentary film crew visits the hospital six months after the shooting to document the road to recovery for doctors and patients. The camera lenses follow Derek, Owen, Mark & Callie as they ambitiously perform a rare arm transplant surgery, Meredith helps Cristina put on a brave face for the cameras, and Bailey’s patient, Mary, returns for her surgery -- which marks the first time they’ve all seen of each other since that fateful day -- on “Grey’s Anatomy,” THURSDAY,

OCTOBER 28 (9:00-10:01 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

“Grey’s Anatomy” stars Ellen Pompeo as Meredith Grey, Patrick Dempsey as Derek Shepherd, Sandra Oh as Cristina Yang, Justin Chambers as Alex Karev, Chandra Wilson as Miranda Bailey, James Pickens, Jr. as Richard Webber, Sara Ramirez as Callie Torres, Eric Dane as Mark Sloan, Chyler Leigh as Lexie Grey, Kevin McKidd as Owen Hunt, Jessica Capshaw as Arizona Robbins, Kim Raver as Teddy Altman, Jesse Williams as Jackson Avery and Sarah Drew as April Kepner.

Guest starring Mandy Moore as Mary, Ryan Devlin as Bill, Paola Andino as Lily, Vanessa Martinez as Gretchen, Audrey Wasilewski as Nicole, Amanda Foreman as Nora, John Lacy as Zack, Crystal Kwon as Nurse and Linda Klein as Scrub Nurse Linda.

“These Arms of Mine” was written by Stacy McKee and directed by Stephen Cragg.

“Grey’s Anatomy” is broadcasted in 720 Progressive (720P), ABC’s selected HTV format, with 5.1-channel surround sound. A TV parental guideline will be assigned closer to airdate.

Source: ABC

Copied From: http://www.spoilertv.com/2010/10/greys- ... z13ebDRVKi
Thanks for linking back. It really helps our site. Please leave the above link in.

- Promotional Photos
- Promo
- CTV Promo
- Sneak Peek
- 2 Sneak Peeks
- Sneak Peek 4
- More Sneak Peeks

You have to invite me in.
PandaVamp
Senior Moderator

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: [Official] Grey's Anatomy Ep. 7.06 Discussion

Postby McSunny on Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:19 am

Hey - not feeling well this evening and EW.com already has their recap out so I'm posting it for now.

EW.com Recap of 7.06

http://tvrecaps.ew.com/recap/greys-anat ... episode-6/

I liked it ok. It was just really different. The stories were strong though. Esp the story with Alex and his patient Lily and the one with Bailey and Mary. Good parts with Mer/Chris. Very April/Teddy/Jackson light and of course I think that makes for a better show. No MerDer which always makes it seem like it's missing something for me. Calzone bombshell, well I already knew from spoilers that it was going to be that Arizona got some kind of big grant and had to go to Africa for the work. I guess the bombshell part, to me, was that at the end Callie says they worked it out and she is going with Arizona to Africa. They both gave their notice.

Alex was really sweet tonight with his little girl, Lily. Even though he kept saying to the camera crew that he didn't like kids but that he might go into peds because it is the best of the best in surgery fellowships. At the end the little girl takes Alex to her school for like show and tell and it shows Alex at the school. Just made me smile.

Bailey and Mary were great until the end. They were so glad to see each other and then Bailey does the surgery and comes out and tells the boyfriend that everything was routine and went well. Then it says 4 weeks later and shows the boyfriend bringing in flowers and Mary is on a ventilator. Bailey says it's rare but it happens that sometimes a patient just never wakes up from surgery. They did all kinds of test but there was no brain activity for the last month and now her organs are failing. They took her off life support. It was really sad.
McSunny
Supporting Actor

Postby Irina on Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:47 am

@McSunny I hope you are feeling better soon.

Looks like a great episode. But sad that Mary had to die.. :(
Irina
Extra

Postby md_em on Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:49 am

Thank you for the recap Linda. Great job as always. I'm going to miss our MerDer.
But you came back. Will to Alicia Season 1

Meredith wasn't a fling. She wasn't revenge. I fell in love with her. That doesn't go away because I decided to stay with you. Derek to Addison Season 2.
Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow. Mer voice over Season 5.
md_em
Star Billing

Postby Joshua on Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:08 pm

I was so happy Mary came back!! Only to have her die :cry: That sucked!!

Why does Torres have to leave as well as Arizona :(

The documentary-style was fun, but I prefer standard eps :D
Joshua
Forum Moderator

Postby McSunny on Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:00 am

Irina wrote:@McSunny I hope you are feeling better soon.

Looks like a great episode. But sad that Mary had to die.. :(

Thanks, Irina! :)

I was really sad that Mary died too. It really was a bummer at the end of the episode. Even sadder after we'd seen Zack with his new arms doing well and Lily doing well also.
McSunny
Supporting Actor

Return to Grey's Anatomy Discussion [No spoilers!]