Grey's Anatomy Season 7 Episode 10 Discussion

General discussion for 'Grey's Anatomy'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

Grey's Anatomy Season 7 Episode 10 Discussion

Postby McSunny on Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:09 am

I didn't find a Discussion thread for 7.10 so I created one. I did a review/recap on Grey's Gabble but thought it really was kind of clinical & neutral. So, I'm going to post how I felt about the episode. I really liked it because Mer and Der were both featured a lot. Little of the newbies, which I'm not so big on so made for a better epi to me.

I LOVE MerDer. I get a warm feeling and a little smile when I see those domestic scenes like this show started off with. Showing them as a couple discussing the fishing trip. The moment between Mer/Cris at the door was really awkard & I love how EP does those little nervous hand movements that are so Mer. The frustrated pain on Mer's face when Cris leaves was so good.

Love the Mark/Callie scene in the shower. I've always enjoyed them together. So clean & truthful with each other. That sex with Mark makes Callie miss Arizona & for Mark it makes him miss Lexie. But Callie IS amazing! LOL.

Bailey's mad genius by starting the contest to get somewhere on her fistula research was great.

You can feel Mer's unhappiness with Owen in the elevator scene.

I'm not a Teddy fan but I have already taken to Henry. He's cute & I just like him.

I've not been a Mexie fan, but Lexie has grown on me ever since April showed up. Somehow I want good things for Mark & I liked him telling Lexie that he misses her.

Not happy to hear that Mer's never been fishing with Der. I want them to share everything just because they love each other. Didn't like that Cris was going with him first though I love Der's motives for taking her.

I did care about the patients, Trina & Jason. Newly married & on their honeymoon it was just easy to get involved with them and sometimes I don't care about the patients that much. I like seeing the medical stuff. I find it interesting.

Beautiful scenes of the fishing trip. PD seemed so at ease & Cris seemed so out of place. Starting with her giving Der advice because she "read up" on fishing to be sea worthy. Haha. Der saying "you going to be like this all day?" & Cris responding with "I can't help it". Snicker.

When Callie said she could do Ron's hip surgery today I kind of felt like the wife like why is that?

Where did Eli come from? McCutie pie! Love that he respects & admires Bailey.

The way the residents kept bragging to each other was kind of funny. I do much better with Jackson/April when they are more in the background of the overall story. Still, I wanted to smack April when she told the story about wanting the pony and getting it. Kind of hoped that pony found a better home. If I was Lexie I would have stubbed April's toe or tripped her everytime she brought that pony up.

When Teddy is talking with Henry in the hall, KR just didn't give off that much concern to me. Smile or look more compassionate or something.

Getting more info on Trin/Jason pulled me into their story a little more when Mark was working on Trina's ear. Sweet how they met.

EP is so good at being expressive with her eyes in the OR like when Jason is crashing. I don't always get that much from Owen when he's all masked up. Tells Mer, Rightly or Wrongly not to talk to him like that in his OR. I don't like anyone slapping my Mer down.

Back to McChatterbox & Der on the lake. Der was really patient with Cris. Love how he is being strict about how they are doing things but not bossy or commanding like he is in the OR. I could feel Crhis's frustration.

I like that Callie is stubbornly believing that not all people are bad.

I really didn't like Owen kicking Mer out of the OR. If it was someone else I don't think he would have done that.

When they do the lunch scene (or scenes like that) with the newbies it just reminds me sadly of the great Fab 5 scenes and makes me miss them.

I liked Eli standing up for his patient to Lexie when she wanted the drain back in but find it hard to believe that a nurse would tell a doctor no. Lexie sure doesn't hesitate to call on Mark when she needs a favor. Good for Mark for getting a date out of it. I like Mark being kind of cocky & persistent. Mark handled the situation with Eli just right. He had respect for him so he didn't get bossy. So, he made a deal.

Callie messing with her patients head, when he wanted to come back to her, was funny. Sara does comedy so well.

Loved Eli talking with Bailey and throwing her little looks.

Great scene when Cris starts to catch the fish. The excitement & awe after she has been so dead was great to see. SO did a great job & so did PD.

Callie is so confident in surgery. She's gonna make Alex her star pupil. Naw, we all knew that wouldn't stick. Alex's heart is in peds.

The Mer/Owen scen after the surgery was INTENSE! Both were great with Mer so sure that she knows what Cris needs. Owen just wants to protect Cris but I don't think he knows what she needs. Good for you Mer confronting Owen on the fact that he threw her out because she questioned his method with Cris. Owen was wrong about Mer being reckless when she told the shooter to shoot her. That's true love. A love so deep you'd rather die yourself than have the love of your life killed. That's MerDer love. Wow! Then Mer calls Owen on having married Cris & making it easy for her to just fall apart. Surgery is who we are, she says with tears in her eyes.

Allright Eli! Keeping the fistulas down 30% & Bailey struts in to tell him and is so excited & bubbly. Somewhat cocky and the old Bailey. Eli takes it all in and giving her those little looks. The he asks her out & Bailey says yes! Love how she then kind of swaggers out the door.

Fantastic scene with the weighing of the fishing and taking the picture. Cris so excited & Der so proud (PD shines). Guy says (about Cris) she's really special and Der looking at her with so much enthusiam says Yes she is. Then SO takes the scene. She see's the pride & approval from Der & somehow that gets through one of the cracks in her heart. Then she finds the pain, fear & loss of who she was and it overwhelmes her. She starts to shake & then tears start to run down her face. (During that scene the words of the song were "it was the first snowflake to fall). Then finally some relief on her face. Der with compassion looking at her & nods - you're going to make it Cristina Yang.

When Trina come in to see Jason we have Mer's profound words "I know all you can see is the damage but he's still here" with tears in her eyes. EP does that so well.

Back with Henry and he's being checked out. Then WHAM! Teddy PROPOSES? Shocking! She even did a halfway good scene with it. Henry made it though. His eyes showed hope then it fades & then dubious hope again.

Silent Night was playing. How soothing that was.

Good for the Mexie fans. Mark kisses Lexie and she gives in to him.

Cris comes home with her 21lbs of trout & even says she had a good time. Then she puts her picture on the fridge to not forget. Never forget.

MerDer snuggled in bed :D Der thinks that Cris will be ok. Mer sad & worried.

WOW! WOW! Arizona is at Callie's door! Arizona gives a great nervous, happy to be home, shakey speech about missing Callie & coming home. Then in the sweetest voice she tells Callie that she looks really pretty. The shooting of that scene was just amazing. Arizona with a nervous, happy, hopeful look on her face as the shadow starts to cover her face as Callie shuts the door.

Lots of great stuff in this episode & as I said I really liked it. Would still like more MerDer together story going on but am content that the episode was heavy with each of them.
McSunny
Supporting Actor

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: Grey's Anatomy Season 7 Episode 10 Discussion

Postby md_em on Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:34 pm

I love your commented summary Linda.
Obviously in this one you tell more about your feeling. I'm fine with it (but I guess you can tell a little about what you think on GG, you might ask them).
If you ask me what I prefer I may say this one, but I know that I share a lot of your opinions. I like to read them before watching GA. It helps me to wait !!!
But you came back. Will to Alicia Season 1

Meredith wasn't a fling. She wasn't revenge. I fell in love with her. That doesn't go away because I decided to stay with you. Derek to Addison Season 2.
Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow. Mer voice over Season 5.
md_em
Star Billing

Postby McSunny on Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:56 pm

md_em wrote:I love your commented summary Linda.
Obviously in this one you tell more about your feeling. I'm fine with it (but I guess you can tell a little about what you think on GG, you might ask them).
If you ask me what I prefer I may say this one, but I know that I share a lot of your opinions. I like to read them before watching GA. It helps me to wait !!!

Thanks for the feeback, EM! I probably need to work on a combinations of the two but then I kinda feel like you can read recaps from several news sources.
McSunny
Supporting Actor

Postby Joshua on Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:02 pm

Arizonaaaaaaaaaaaa :wub: I missed her!
Joshua
Forum Moderator

Return to Grey's Anatomy Discussion [No spoilers!]