The Music Event - Discussion

General discussion for 'Grey's Anatomy'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

The Music Event - Discussion

Postby Joshua on Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:58 pm

What did everybody think about last night's musical episode of Grey's Anatomy?

Personally, I was very excited for it. However, in the context of a serious drama I didn't think it worked. Perhaps I would feel differently if more of the cast could sing, but in my opinion the only one with a decent voice was Sara Ramirez (who was brilliant). For a lot of other people (like Owen, for example, or Meredith who sounded rather manly) I was just cringing when they were singing.

However, I really liked how the songs and the lyrics related to what was going on with the show. It fit better for Scrubs however (which admittedly used original songs) as that's a comedy; in this serious episode it just seemed rather out of place. It would have been a much better episode without the singing, in my opinion.

So what did other people think? Will you be downloading the music? Am I being unfairly critical of some of the singing?
Joshua
Forum Moderator

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: The Music Event - Discussion

Postby avvril on Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:26 pm

Hello Grey's Anatomy fans !

About the music event that aired last week.. have you seen it ? did you love it ? did you hate it ? why ?

If you have two minutes (tops!), please answer these few questions. I'm working on a sociological study about american culture and television, and your answers could really help !

It's very short, i promise :)

thanks a lot ! :) :)

https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dHZYaEJ1aHNaWGlCQVlBbFRwX3d2enc6MQ
avvril
Viewer

Postby Joshua on Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:41 am

I filled in your form, and welcome aboard :)

What did you think of the ep, avvril?
Joshua
Forum Moderator

Postby sophiacassandra on Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:57 am

I liked the whole episode... :thumbsup: except for Eric Dane's acting...
I even wrote a blog about it.. you can check it here if you want to read it.. http://tumblr.com/xy622b3sf9 :thumbsup:
Thanks! (:
sophiacassandra
Viewer

Postby Joshua on Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:45 pm

sophiacassandra wrote:I liked the whole episode... :thumbsup: except for Eric Dane's acting...
I even wrote a blog about it.. you can check it here if you want to read it.. http://tumblr.com/xy622b3sf9 :thumbsup:
Thanks! (:

Welcome to the forums, sophia :D

I read your review and agree with a lot of what you said :thumbsup: I loved 'The Story' too
Joshua
Forum Moderator

Return to Grey's Anatomy Discussion [No spoilers!]