Super 8 JJ Abrams!

Spoiler discussion of movies.

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Re: Super 8 JJ Abrams!

Postby DarthLocke on Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:29 pm

Set Photos and Casting Calls!
Hi there, I used to live in West Virginia and got the casting notices all the time from the Film office (still do even though I live in Los Angeles now) And this popped up in my inbox the other day. Might be useful info to have about the Paramount filming going on in Weirton. If you can use this, call me 10 Minutes of Silence.

J.

Please see notice below. Please direct all inquiries to the email address provided in the instructions below. Thanks!

Major Motion Picture from Paramount - Call for Stand-Ins / Photo Doubles. Paid positions. Must be available for 12 hour(**) days and or nights Monday through Friday. Filming takes place in and around Weirton, WV mid-September through mid-October 2010. Minors must be WV residents. Please submit headshot/resume AND current snapshots (with NO eye makeup) – full body, profile and head and shoulders to ParamountPickMe@gmail.com. In the body of the email, include your full name, D.O.B,, conflicts, phone numbers and email. No experience necessary. A great way to get on-set movie experience! Positions start September 20.

(**Reduced hours for minors, per labor law restrictions.)

Stand-ins/ Photo Double Positions available:

FEMALES: 18-25 years old

5’3 - 5’7

Blonde hair

Blue eyes

MALES: 18-25 years old

4’8 - 6’0

Source: aintitcool

-- Merged Double Post --

Paramount announced the cast is set:

Paramount Pictures announced today that it has commenced principal photography on Super 8, directed by J.J. Abrams (Star Trek), from a screenplay by Abrams, based on his original idea.

Steven Spielberg, Abrams and Bryan Burk are producing the Amblin Entertainment / Bad Robot Production. Paramount Pictures will release the film summer 2011.

Starring Emmy-nominated Kyle Chandler ("Friday Night Lights") and Elle Fanning (Somewhere, winner of the 2010 Venice Film Festival's Golden Lion Award), the cast includes veteran actors Ron Eldard and Noah Emmerich, newcomers Joel Courtney, Riley Griffiths, Ryan Lee and Zach Mills, and Gabriel Basso ("The Big C").

Read more: Cast Set for J.J. Abrams' Super 8 - ComingSoon.net http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienew ... z10BpJFQl8

I will try to find more cast photos for those available
Last edited by DarthLocke on Mon May 30, 2011 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Yet for all their evolution, they form no bonds.
Love does not exist for them. They are incapable of dreaming,
Of contemplating beauty, Of knowing something greater than themselves.
DarthLocke
Show Expert

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby DarthLocke on Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:12 pm

AJ Michalka, actress and one-half of the duo 78violet, announced today that she has been cast in J.J. Abrams' Super 8.

Michalka, who recently had a role in The Lovely Bones and stars in the upcoming Secretariat, will be joining a cast that includes Kyle Chandler, Elle Fanning, Ron Eldard, Noah Emmerich, Joel Courtney, Riley Griffiths, Ryan Lee, Zach Mills and Gabriel Basso.

Executive produced by Steven Spielberg, the thriller is now shooting for a Summer 2

Read more: AJ Michalka Joins J.J. Abrams' Super 8 - ComingSoon.net http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienew ... z10TnG7UxU

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby DarthLocke on Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:14 pm

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby DarthLocke on Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:42 pm

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby DarthLocke on Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:17 pm

J.J. Abrams has been a chatty cat the past couple of days! He has updated fans on many of his up and coming projects including "Super 8" which includes His praise of Kyle Chandler, Filming done, and a trailer should be coming out in March.

J.J. Abrams refused to say much at all about the movie, although he did confirm that filming had ending and now they're in a very hectic editing phase. He also praised his star, Friday Night Lights's Kyle Chandler, which revealed a few oblique hints about the movie as a whole:

Kyle is the greatest. He's my favorite. I love that guy. I can't say enough about him. He had a very interesting part and it was a wonderful shoot with him. It was interesting, because I got to work with him in a way that I really like to work with actors, which is I like talking about what a moment is, but I don't like over rehearsing things. There are kids in the movie as well, and that requires a little bit more work. I don't like rehearsing all that much and I like jumping in. And Kyle, having done Friday Night Lights, that's all they do. So he loved it! And it was so much fun to sort of say, "Here's the moment. Here's the thing. Let's just shoot it." And he was like, "Great!" His eyes always lit up when it was about just trying it. And his instincts are so good and he's so crazy talented and relatable. I love him. I can't say enough about him.

When will audiences get to see a trailer for Super 8?

ABRAMS: Probably sometime in March, I think.

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby DarthLocke on Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:35 pm

"Super 8" is confirmed as one of Hollywood's, and specifically Paramounts, promotions during the Super Bowl in 2 weeks! -So I assume we will perhaps see some kind of teaser/trailer.

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby DarthLocke on Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:27 am

Early Glimpse From Tomorrows Super 8 -Super Bowl Add???
http://thefilmstage.com/2011/02/05/first-footage-of-j-j-abrams-super-8-uncovered/

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby b3rt4 on Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:54 am

TigerBlood
b3rt4
VIP

Postby DarthLocke on Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:31 pm

ComingSoon also has links to an LA Time Article In Which Abrams Gives Us The Plot:

“To me, all people need to know is that it’s an adventure about a small town and it’s funny, it’s sweet, it’s scary and there’s a mystery: What is this thing that has escaped? What are the ramifications of its presence? And what is the effect on people? But I know that’s not enough. Look, I feel we need a little bit of a coming-out party because we are up against massive franchises and brands and most people don’t know what ‘Super 8′ means. We’re a complete anomaly in a summer of huge films … and we don’t want to be so silent or coy that people don’t care or don’t hear about it.”

“As the process went along I realized I had the potential makings of my favorite sort of movie, which is the one that is the hardest genre to define,” Abrams said. “That because you could say — and be right — that it’s a science fiction movie; or you could say — and be right — that it’s a love story; or you could say — and be right — that it’s a comedy; or you could say — and be right — that it’s a special-effects spectacle. That sort of cocktail is for me what I love about movies…that was the beginnings of this movie coming together.”

This is a movie about overcoming loss and finding your way again and finding your own voice,” Abrams said. “A boy whose lost his mother and the man whose lost his wife. There’s this father who, because of the era, never really had to be the parent. He’s a good man, he works hard, he’s a deputy in the town, but he’s never stepped up as father.”

Full Article Here:http://herocomplex.latimes.com/2011/02/06/super-8-j-j-abrams-2/

I really think it looks good! It has that old Speilberg family feel, but yet the modern character driven science-fiction-drama of Abrams. :D

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby The ODI on Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:40 pm

Here are screencaps from the Super Bowl TV spot that reveal some Easter Eggs. Some are saying the EEs lead to a new viral marketing campaign.

One of the images seems to have a reference to LOST if you look carefully it says "LOS..."

Enjoy!

http://www.movies.spoilertv.com/2011/02/super-8-screencaps-of-easter-eggs-in.html
Spoiler (Click to reveal/hide)
Made you look...!! :)

http://www.theodi.com

The ODI
VIP

Postby DarthLocke on Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:28 am

The ODI wrote:Here are screencaps from the Super Bowl TV spot that reveal some Easter Eggs. Some are saying the EEs lead to a new viral marketing campaign.

One of the images seems to have a reference to LOST if you look carefully it says "LOS..."

Enjoy!

http://www.movies.spoilertv.com/2011/02/super-8-screencaps-of-easter-eggs-in.html

It's been a long time ODI! Thanks for the info!! :thumbsup:

Collider Puts Clues From The Trailer Together!
http://collider.com/super-8-tv-spot-images/75244/

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby b3rt4 on Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:37 pm

TigerBlood
b3rt4
VIP

Postby DarthLocke on Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:02 am

First Trailer To Be Shown with Red Riding Hood!
Last month, fans noticed an interesting detail in the Super Bowl TV spot for J.J. Abrams‘ Super 8: a film frame showing the date 03/11/11. We speculated at the time that March 11 would be the release date for the first Super 8 trailer, especially as Abrams had previously announced that we could expect to see the trailer around March.

Though we still don’t have official confirmation, new information indicates that our theory was probably correct — and that we can therefore expect to see the Super 8 trailer before Battle: Los Angeles and Red Riding Hood when they open this weekend. Read more after the jump.http://www.slashfilm.com/twominute-trai ... g-weekend/

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby SmokeyD on Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:43 am

Just found this (Major props and shout out to Devil's Arcade!!! :rockon: )

But, If I see one Golden Shower/Magic Fountain/Polar Bear reference... I am gonna be ****!

But seriously, This could be awesomely great as long as its done well. I was not a big fan of Cloverfield so I am hoping that they don't follow that mold too closely...

(I will accept a Dharma Logo on the creatures but!!! :D )

I do love the shout out for 'Close Encounters of the Third Kind' though, CEOTTK remains one of my top ten movies of all time. And with even/just the yellow pickup and RR crossing scene, they will get my 10 bucks in the theater for this one! :thumbup:
SmokeyD
Show Expert

Postby DarthLocke on Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:59 pm

SmokeyD wrote:Just found this (Major props and shout out to Devil's Arcade!!! :rockon: )

But, If I see one Golden Shower/Magic Fountain/Polar Bear reference... I am gonna be ****!

But seriously, This could be awesomely great as long as its done well. I was not a big fan of Cloverfield so I am hoping that they don't follow that mold too closely...

(I will accept a Dharma Logo on the creatures but!!! :D )

I do love the shout out for 'Close Encounters of the Third Kind' though, CEOTTK remains one of my top ten movies of all time. And with even/just the yellow pickup and RR crossing scene, they will get my 10 bucks in the theater for this one! :thumbup:

I am sure there will be something, but I feel confident that this will be more like everything else and not so much like Cloverfield. Abrams has described it as of the multi-genre and I think will play homage to many of Speilberg's films..

Actually I saw something in one of the set pics for MI 4 -which I also saw drawn in in 2 seperate stories of Tales of Fringe Comics...Now maybe it just happened to be there, but I don't think so considering who is also cast in MI-4.

Spoiler (Click to reveal/hide)
Blue VW Bus

DarthLocke
Show Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Movies - Spoilers