Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part II

Spoiler discussion of movies.

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Re: The 'Harry Potter' Series

Postby Joshua on Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:49 pm

Sawyer5665 wrote:http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Harry-Potter-Fans-Choosing-2D-Over-3D-For-Deathly-Hallows-2-25307.html

I'm not that impressed with 3D either TBH

Agreed, it's really rubbish. Only Avatar has wowed me, 3D wise. Where possible, I try to see films in 2D
Joshua
Forum Moderator

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part II

Postby Dreyesbo on Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:54 pm

I also don't like 3D where the movie isn't shot in 3D (or isn't an animated film). However, as I'll watch Deathly Hallows in IMAX, I'll have to do 3D too :(
"There's something you better understand about me because it's important. And one day your life may depend on it...I am definitely a mad man with a box."

Dreyesbo
Senior Moderator

Postby Sawyer5665 on Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:06 pm

I've been to an IMAX theater twice, but each time I've seen movies that were specifically made for IMAX...one was a documentary style movie about ocean life. I've never seen a big budget movie in IMAX.
DarthLocke made this awesome signature!!!

Take me to another place,
Take me to another land,
Make me forget all that hurts me,
Let me understand your plan.
Sawyer5665
Show Expert

Postby Dreyesbo on Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:44 pm

Dark Knight is the only blockbuster movie that has shot scenes in IMAX. i literally gasped when I saw them.

Harry Potter, they just stretch it to fit the screen, lol. It still looks great, though, and I'll take as much Potter as I can. :D
"There's something you better understand about me because it's important. And one day your life may depend on it...I am definitely a mad man with a box."

Dreyesbo
Senior Moderator

Postby Sawyer5665 on Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:50 pm

I will definitely be seeing this movie as soon as it's released. I may even see it twice on July 15...hell I'll probably miss work that day. :thumbup:

Take me to another land,
Sawyer5665
Show Expert

Postby DarthLocke on Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:35 pm

Woongo wrote:After watching this trailer, I realized that my childhood will offically end with this movie. Symbolically, my 18th birthday is just a month after it comes out. :cry:

Says who, modern society? :P Your childhood can live on forever, which is one reason why I think films, Tv Shows, novels, and plays are so great, because depending on when in your life you see (read) those things, those things can always take you back. :)

Yet for all their evolution, they form no bonds.
Love does not exist for them. They are incapable of dreaming,
Of contemplating beauty, Of knowing something greater than themselves.
DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby Woongo on Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:29 pm

DarthLocke wrote:
Woongo wrote:After watching this trailer, I realized that my childhood will offically end with this movie. Symbolically, my 18th birthday is just a month after it comes out. :cry:

Says who, modern society? :P Your childhood can live on forever, which is one reason why I think films, Tv Shows, novels, and plays are so great, because depending on when in your life you see (read) those things, those things can always take you back. :)

Yes, I guess you are right, Darth :) As long as you have something to remember, to rewatch or to reread, you can go back to your childhood. But I still find it symbolical, the final movie pretty much marking my 18th birthday. It could't be more perfect to be honest! :D
"No use in having rules if there's no punishment for breaking them." - Locke

Thanks to Devil's Arcade for the signature!

Woongo
Supporting Actor

Postby Dreyesbo on Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:56 pm

Got my tickets for the midnight premiere! So excited! :D

Dreyesbo
Senior Moderator

Postby Sawyer5665 on Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:45 pm

Dreyesbo wrote:Got my tickets for the midnight premiere! So excited! :D

There is a movie theater very, very, very close to my apartment....less than 500 feet to be more precise. I think I will see the midnight show as well. :thumbsup:

BTW....what is your favorite Potter movie so far?? Mine is a tie between Prisoner of Azkaban and Goblet of Fire.

Take me to another land,
Sawyer5665
Show Expert

Postby Dreyesbo on Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:16 am

If you haven't gone to a midnight premiere before, I recommend it, the audience is great! And because everyone's a fan, no one is talking during the movie, everyone is into it, etc...

Favorite film, it's between Azkaban and Half-Blood Prince, with Goblet of Fire a close second. I do feel, as you do, that Azkaban and Goblet are the pinnacle of the saga.

Dreyesbo
Senior Moderator

Postby Dreyesbo on Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:15 am

New "Where we left off" trailer: http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/wb/h ... lowspart2/

A couple of new shots, notably Harry on the Room of Requirement, and Harry leaving the Pensieve (his face kills me).

Wish I could share all the spoilers I've got, haha, but I've seen so many there's no point in writing them all.

Dreyesbo
Senior Moderator

Postby Leroi22 on Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:58 am

Dreyesbo wrote:If you haven't gone to a midnight premiere before, I recommend it, the audience is great! And because everyone's a fan, no one is talking during the movie, everyone is into it, etc...

Favorite film, it's between Azkaban and Half-Blood Prince, with Goblet of Fire a close second. I do feel, as you do, that Azkaban and Goblet are the pinnacle of the saga.

I agree with you 100% on going to midnight showings, it is always the best crowd! It is great being with a whole slew of fans who are just as excited as you are. I am hoping other people will join me in yelling "Mischief Managed" when the credits start to roll. :lol:
Leroi22
Supporting Actor

Postby Dreyesbo on Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:48 pm

Leroi22 wrote:I am hoping other people will join me in yelling "Mischief Managed" when the credits start to roll. :lol:

I heard that initiative! I may do it.

Here are samples of the soundtrack, guys: http://www.buch.de/shop/home/rubrikarti ... _hoerprobe Spoilers in the title, of course. I specially love Statues, Snape's Demise, and Procession

Dreyesbo
Senior Moderator

Previous

Return to Movies - Spoilers