Batman 3

Spoiler discussion of movies.

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Batman 3

Postby Iceman on Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:44 pm

Johnny Depp to play The Riddler? :batman:

Heath Ledger's performance as The Joker has set the bar high for Gotham City villains, but reports in the US say studio bosses have set their sights on Depp as The Riddler and Philip Seymour Hoffman as The Penguin.

"Producers are convinced that the role of The Riddler is perfect for Depp. Johnny's a pro. He'll be able to take direction and still make the character his own. And what better Penguin is there than Philip Seymour Hoffman?" a source said.

They could be joining Angelina Jolie - the actress is reported to be after the role of Catwoman.

The Riddler was played by Jim Carrey in 1995 film Batman Forever and Frank Gorshin in the Sixties television series. As for The Penguin, he was portrayed on the small screen by Burgess Meredith and in 1992 film Batman returns by Danny DeVito.

Plans for the sequel are yet to be announced but it is likely to star Christian Bale reprising his role as The Caped Crusader.

The Dark Knight has smashed box office records in the US, taking $314 million in just 10 days.

There is even talk of it challenging Titanic to become the biggest movie of all time. Titanic took $600 million in the US. The Dark Knight certainly looks set to reach second place in the all-time chart and beat Star Wars, which made $460 million.

Source: The Telegraph
ImageImage
ImageImage
Avengers, Assemble.
Iceman
Administrator

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: Batman 3

Postby The Strog on Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:25 am

I'm going to have to call bull.

Nolan said he's taking a vacation for awhile. After that, he and Goyer will talk about a third installment. I think it's way too early to say who the villain will be, yet alone who will play him.

That said, Depp is an interesting canidate. Like I said in the other thread though, I'd like to see what David Tennant could do with the role.
If you don't like Doctor Who, click here. If you love Doctor Who, click here. After you've clicked one of those, come here.

Tune in for PSYCH
RETURNING THIS SUMMER ON USA NETWORK
The Strog
Former Staff Member

Postby Finli Otego on Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:27 am

The Strog wrote:I'm going to have to call bull.

Nolan said he's taking a vacation for awhile. After that, he and Goyer will talk about a third installment. I think it's way too early to say who the villain will be, yet alone who will play him.

That said, Depp is an interesting canidate. Like I said in the other thread though, I'd like to see what David Tennant could do with the role.

Yeah, there's a whole article on AICN.com about how ANY rumors heard about B3 should be immediatly dismissed a BS. There are, as of now, NO plans for B3.

Valar Morghulis

*Thanks to Jamielost and Miss Ford for the sig!
Finli Otego
Forum Moderator

Postby Gus TT Showbiz on Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:34 am

I remember reading this

Spoiler (Click to reveal/hide)
Aaron Eckhart will be returning in batman 3, it was on imdb.
Gus TT Showbiz
Former Staff Member

Postby Finli Otego on Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:39 am

Take your pick: AICN or imdb? Who ya gonna believe? Neither!

Valar Morghulis

*Thanks to Jamielost and Miss Ford for the sig!
Finli Otego
Forum Moderator

Postby The Strog on Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:41 am

bigsimpsin wrote:I remember reading this

Seeing as how we're in the spoiler forum, I'll just disregard the use of spoiler tags when I say this:

Sorry simp. Apparently, there are a group of hardcore Batman fanboys who wish that Harvey Dent wasn't dead. Fact of the matter is that he is dead. He's not coming back. DEAD. Otherwise, any sort of plot set up for Batman 3 wouldn't make sense. Batman is on the run. He's taking the fall for Dent's murders in order to save Gotham City. Everything would be useless if Dent came back. So I doubt that Eckhart's coming back.

Plus it's on IMDB. I mean...come on... ;)
If you don't like Doctor Who, click here. If you love Doctor Who, click here. After you've clicked one of those, come here.

Tune in for PSYCH
The Strog
Former Staff Member

Postby Gus TT Showbiz on Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:02 am

The Strog wrote:
bigsimpsin wrote:I remember reading this

Seeing as how we're in the spoiler forum, I'll just disregard the use of spoiler tags when I say this:

Sorry simp. Apparently, there are a group of hardcore Batman fanboys who wish that Harvey Dent wasn't dead. Fact of the matter is that he is dead. He's not coming back. DEAD. Otherwise, any sort of plot set up for Batman 3 wouldn't make sense. Batman is on the run. He's taking the fall for Dent's murders in order to save Gotham City. Everything would be useless if Dent came back. So I doubt that Eckhart's coming back.

Plus it's on IMDB. I mean...come on... ;)

No, it wasn't on the forums or anything, it was a news report, and Aaron Eckhart being quoted saying he will be back for batman 3.
Gus TT Showbiz
Former Staff Member

Postby The Strog on Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:14 am

bigsimpsin wrote:No, it wasn't on the forums or anything, it was a news report, and Aaron Eckhart being quoted saying he will be back for batman 3.

The only official news report I've read where Eckhart says anything at ALL about Batman 3 is where he says he would sign on for a third film if asked. And I think I saw that article before TDK came out, so afterwards I just assumed that he was being coy.

EDIT:

I think I found the article you were talking about simp. And it's the same one I was talking about. And I did read if after I saw the film.

He says he would return.

http://www.imdb.com/news/ni0265713/

;)

Tune in for PSYCH
The Strog
Former Staff Member

Postby Iceman on Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:05 pm

OMG No, No, No, This is HORRIBLE:

Cher 'to Play Catwoman' in Next Batman Film

Cher has been lined up to star in the next Batman movie, it has been claimed.

The 62-year-old singer and actress is reported to be in talks to play Catwoman opposite Christian Bale in the third Batman film from British director Christopher Nolan.

The Oscar-winner will join a cast that includes Johnny Depp as The Riddler as she plays the whip-carrying burglar. The character has also been played by Michelle Pfeiffer and Halle Berry.

A studio executive said: "Cher is Nolan's first choice to play Catwoman. He wants to her to portray her like a vamp in her twilight years.

"The new Catwoman will be the absolute opposite of Michelle Pfeiffer and Halle Berry's purring creations."

Filming of the new Batman instalment, provisionally entitled The Caped Crusader, is due to begin in Vancouver early next year.

The Dark Knight, this summer's blockbuster, has become the most successful of the Batman movies. Warner Bros expects the film to make about $530m.

It stars the late Heath Ledger, who was found dead in his Manhattan apartment after taking an accidental drugs overdose. His performance as The Joker is widely expected to garner an Oscar nomination.

Cher's recent acting performances have included Tea with Mussolini in 1999 and Stuck on You, in 2003 in which she played herself.

Source of HORRIBLE News: The Telegraph

Cher is a horrible choice. :cry: :cursing: :( :mad: ::sad:: :no:

:censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:
ImageImage
ImageImage
Avengers, Assemble.
Iceman
Administrator

Postby Gus TT Showbiz on Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:17 pm

Wait, Cher is the worst choice ever. But johnny depp is confirmed as the riddler?
Gus TT Showbiz
Former Staff Member

Postby Iceman on Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:24 pm

bigsimpsin wrote:Wait, Cher is the worst choice ever. But johnny depp is confirmed as the riddler?

I guess so. And Angelina Jolie, I heard, was VERY interested in the role. She would of been a much better choice. How can you go from casting someone so brilliant like Heath Ledger to casting Cher? I don't get it. ¬¬ I hope he changes his mind :|
ImageImage
ImageImage
Avengers, Assemble.
Iceman
Administrator

Postby The Strog on Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:40 pm

None of this is true. :rofl:

Nolan hasn't began work on the film yet. None of this is true until someone official says something. An article in a tabloid newspaper is not evidence enough. And quite frankly, I find the article hilarious. :rofl:

Tune in for PSYCH
The Strog
Former Staff Member

Postby Iceman on Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:43 pm

The Strog wrote:None of this is true. :rofl:

Nolan hasn't began work on the film yet. None of this is true until someone official says something. An article in a tabloid newspaper is not evidence enough. And quite frankly, I find the article hilarious. :rofl:

I thought "The Telegraph" was a pretty reliable source? I guess not. We will have to wait and see.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Avengers, Assemble.
Iceman
Administrator

Postby The Strog on Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:54 pm

Iceman815 wrote:I thought "The Telegraph" was a pretty reliable source? I guess not. We will have to wait and see.

Hmmm....just looked in up and I realized that when I said "tabloid" I was thinking of The Daily Telegraph in Austrailia not in the UK.

Now I'm a bit worried. :|

I'm trying to remember, but I'm thinking The Telegraph (UK) publishes quite a few rumors. (I seem to remember some fiasco from before Daniel Craig was announced as the new Bond...) Maybe not...I dunno...anyone from the UK out there that could elaborate?

Still, I don't buy any of this. TDK just came out. I read an article somewhere that said Nolan was taking a break. Afterwards, he and Goyer would begin working on the script.

That's something else that bugs me. Why would they cast actors when they don't even have a script yet? Furthermore, Goyer has said he doesn't want Catwoman in the film.

AICN had an article that said not to believe anything you hear about the film, which is what I'm going to do until someone credible comes out and says something. Not a "source."

I really hope to god Nolan isn't dumb enough to cast Cher. He's a smart guy with a good track record, so I'm sure we'll be fine. ;)

Tune in for PSYCH
The Strog
Former Staff Member

Postby Joshua on Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:04 pm

Who needs that Hoffman guy? Im the best Penguin :D Then again, im not evil :P
Joshua
Forum Moderator

Next

Return to Movies - Spoilers