Batman 3

Spoiler discussion of movies.

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Re: Batman 3

Postby Finli Otego on Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:13 am

I've just read this interview with Eckhart on AICN. This should clear things up for a few people:

Beaks: And now the obligatory question: can you conceive of any way in which you might be back in--

Aaron Eckhart: (Laughs) No.

Beaks: Not a chance?

Eckhart: No. I'm dead. I couldn't even get the words out of my mouth. "Hey, Chris, am I--?" "No. You're dead. You're dead."

Beaks: Because there has been a discussion amongst some fans about how he's never seen in the coffin.

Eckhart: Well, it'd be easier than anything to bring him back, but... it's like Chris said on the tour. He wasn't thinking about the next movie when he made [THE DARK KNIGHT]. All the vegetables were in this stew. I think that this franchise has shown that it doesn't have to bring back characters. I mean, there's still Catwoman. I've heard Angelina Jolie really wants to do Catwoman; I think that's a fantastic idea. I'll be a happy audience member this time.

And what's gone on with Heath and everything... I think Heath was the one that was going to come back. And since he can't... (Pauses) You know, Chris hasn't said that he's going to make another one.

Beaks: True. He's been on vacation. I spoke to David Goyer at Comic Con, and he said there have been no discussions.

Eckhart: (Smiling) He never said he's going to make another one. I'm sure they drove the Brinks truck up to his house and dumped money on his lawn. But I think Chris wants to go out and make other movies, too. And he should. He's an independent filmmaker at heart. He's got a lot of ideas.

Beaks: He's also got THE PRISONER somewhere in development. Maybe there would be something for you in that?

Eckhart: Give him a call. I mean, I'd love to work with Chris again. But he and Christian [Bale] have such a great thing going.

Case closed.

Here's the link: http://www.aintitcool.com/node/38179

Valar Morghulis

*Thanks to Jamielost and Miss Ford for the sig!
Finli Otego
Forum Moderator

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby Iceman on Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:16 am

Yea, I saw this too.

I kind of figured that he wouldn't be back, but there was always a chance....

BTW, I read somewhere that he would like Angelina Jolie (like we all do) to be Catwoman he said if that happened then he would be happy watching the movie, as a fan.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Avengers, Assemble.
Iceman
Administrator

Postby Dreyesbo on Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:17 am

Yeah he said that...on the same interview that Finli posted xD
"There's something you better understand about me because it's important. And one day your life may depend on it...I am definitely a mad man with a box."

Dreyesbo
Senior Moderator

Postby Iceman on Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:19 am

Dreyesbo wrote:Yeah he said that...on the same interview that Finli posted xD

LOL I knew I read it somewhere :P

--EDIT--

Here is an update from Michael Caine, who plays Alfred, who confirms Johnny Depp, and Phillip Seymour Hoffman as the villians.

It’s one of the biggest — and most hotly debated — questions in fandom…which actors (and characters) will director Christopher Nolan enlist as a villain for his third “Batman” film? Rumors have abounded since the release of “The Dark Knight,” and Nolan has remained fiercely tight-lipped. But now, has one of his main players let slip some of the biggest casting news of the decade?

In an interview with MTV News, Michael Caine seemed to confirm rumors that the next installment of the “Batman” film franchise will feature two very well-known names playing the roles of The Riddler and the Bumbershoot Bandit, The Penguin. “They’ve already got them in mind,” said Caine, when asked who he’d like to see take up arms against the Caped Crusader. “It’s Johnny Depp as The Riddler. And The Penguin is Philip Seymour Hoffman. I read it in the paper.”

So Caine is like the rest of us, reading gossip in the tabloids, right? Except for one thing…according to the actor, he confirmed the news through the studio itself.

“When Christopher [Nolan] said we were going to do ‘The Dark Knight’ next, I didn’t what that meant in Batman terms,” related Caine, who plays Bruce Wayne’s loyal butler, Alfred Pennyworth. “I said, ‘What’s the story?’ and he said The Joker. I said, ‘Oh, s–t! How are you going to top Jack [Nicholson]?’ He said, ‘Well, I’ve cast Heath Ledger. And I went ‘Ha! I couldn’t top Jack, but if anyone could, maybe Heath could.’ And he did.

“I was with [a Warner Bros.] executive and I said, ‘Are we going to make another one?’ They said yeah. I said, ‘How the hell are we going to top Heath? And he says ‘I’ll tell you how you top Heath — Johnny Depp as The Riddler and Philip Seymour Hoffman as The Penguin.’ I said, ‘S–t, they’ve done it again!’” [Laughs]

While rumors of Depp and Hoffman have been hot topics around the upcoming film for quite some time, this is the first instance of one of the film’s stars speaking about the news, as well as Caine citing an albeit unnamed WB executive.

Meanwhile, when asked if he’s spoken to Nolan about the news or the next installment’s script, Caine made mention of Nolan’s vacation, and hinted that, “No. He’s gone. He’ll come back with a script sometime.”

Source: MTV Splash Page
ImageImage
ImageImage
Avengers, Assemble.
Iceman
Administrator

Postby Finli Otego on Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:19 am

This should put some rumours to rest: Video of P.S.H. denying the rumours of him playing Penguin. In a very funny way, mind you. :lol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHBofbZTiE8

Valar Morghulis

*Thanks to Jamielost and Miss Ford for the sig!
Finli Otego
Forum Moderator

Postby avastagadi on Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:59 pm

I love depp as the riddler...! I am sure the next movie will be so good as this one...
avastagadi
Viewer

Postby kemalkenru on Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:28 pm

İ love batman... And i love joker... But he died so early.... R.I.P.

if This is true news i would so happy right now....
kemalkenru
Viewer

Postby Davien on Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:36 am

If for some reason, they bring Catwoman please consider Angelina Jolie before she even thinks about retiring.

I would love to see Riddler and Johnny Depp in the third one, but the tricky question is the next film will rely only on one villain or two?!
Davien
Viewer

Postby jenschk on Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:43 pm

I think if a third film is going to be made it would be best to go with a character that hasn't ever appeared in another batman film. For example I think that Hush would be really good to use, mainly because not many people have much of an idea as to who he is. Also there is a lot of history between Bruce and Tommy which could be interesting and the fact that he is more for hurting Bruce that Batman himself makes it different to what we've seen before. Usually the villan is either just causing chaos in Gotham or otherwise trying to kill Batman but in the case of Hush he wants to hurt Bruce which would make it interesting. The only problem I suppose would be that Hush never appeared in the comics till later on in Bruce's life, after he'd had a couple of Robins (was on the third). I suppose that things can be changed and they could change the time line a bit and have Hush as a character without there having ever been a Robin.
Avatar and Sig using pictures from :batman: and Sons by the_dark_cat
jenschk
Extra

Postby greysoffice on Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:49 pm

Supposedly, the Sun is reporting Eddie Murphy will be playing the Riddler, Shia LaBeouf as Robin, and Rachel Weisz as Catwoman. Personally, I believe this is purely speculation right now. At least I hope so. Because this does not really appeal to me at all.
greysoffice
Viewer

Postby Iceman on Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:09 pm

greysoffice wrote:Supposedly, the Sun is reporting Eddie Murphy will be playing the Riddler, Shia LaBeouf as Robin, and Rachel Weisz as Catwoman. Personally, I believe this is purely speculation right now. At least I hope so. Because this does not really appeal to me at all.

Yeah, I heard this too, I think it is fake, or at least I hope it is fake :unsure:
ImageImage
ImageImage
Avengers, Assemble.
Iceman
Administrator

Postby Gus TT Showbiz on Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:13 pm

greysoffice wrote:Supposedly, the Sun is reporting Eddie Murphy will be playing the Riddler, Shia LaBeouf as Robin, and Rachel Weisz as Catwoman. Personally, I believe this is purely speculation right now. At least I hope so. Because this does not really appeal to me at all.

hhehe i guess its false.

http://www.slashfilm.com/2008/12/17/the-stupidest-dark-knight-sequel-rumors-yet/
Gus TT Showbiz
Former Staff Member

Postby whitelily22 on Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:21 am

i hope its fake
beautiful ban made by nae <3
whitelily22
Viewer

Postby OldDarth on Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:47 pm

That is definitely fake.

Nolan is in tough. After having Batman deal with such an elemental character like the Joker any other villian is doomed to come up short.
OldDarth
Viewer

Postby jbx225 on Wed Dec 24, 2008 4:19 am

I think Johnny Depp would be perfect for the role... He is such a diverse and talented actor...
jbx225
Viewer

PreviousNext

Return to Movies - Spoilers