The Avengers (Marvel)

Spoiler discussion of movies.

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

The Avengers (Marvel)

Postby Iceman on Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:56 pm

We talk about this movie in a lot of threads, but there is not a thread for it. :)

There are reports that Eva Longoria might be The Wasp in the upcoming Avengers movie.

It seems like Eva Longoria Parker might be looking to expand her acting resume because the actress was spotted leaving the Marvel Comics offices on Friday (September 12) in Beverly Hills, CA.

Longoria was photographed carrying a copy of The Avengers, which just happens to be getting made into a movie in 2011, around the time that Desperate Housewives will be ending.

Source: Flawed Hollywood
ImageImage
ImageImage
Avengers, Assemble.
Iceman
Administrator

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: The Avengers

Postby The Strog on Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:55 pm

First, I thought you were talking about the old 60s British television show starring Patrick Macnee and Diana Rigg. Then, I thought you were talking about the late 90s movie starring Sean Connery. Then, I realized what was going on.

Eva Longoria? Hm. A bit random it seems. They can't find anyone better?
If you don't like Doctor Who, click here. If you love Doctor Who, click here. After you've clicked one of those, come here.

Tune in for PSYCH
RETURNING THIS SUMMER ON USA NETWORK
The Strog
Former Staff Member

Re: The Avengers (Marvel)

Postby Iceman on Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:46 pm

Here's a new report that officially casts Robert Downey Jr. and Don Cheadle in Iron Man 2 and the Avengers movie.

Robert Downey, Jr. and Jon Favreau Suit Up For Marvel Studios' "The Avengers" and "Iron Man 2"

As part of his four picture deal with Marvel Studios, Robert Downey Jr. is appearing as Tony Stark in "The Avengers" motion picture, as well as reprising his starring role as the larger-than-life leading character in "Iron Man 2." Jon Favreau will return to direct the sequel to the blockbuster "Iron Man," which to date has grossed over $578 million worldwide, as well as executive produce "The Avengers."

Academy Award® nominee Downey was most recently seen in the summer comedy blockbuster "Tropic Thunder" starring opposite Ben Stiller and Jack Black. Before "Iron Man," he was best known for his film roles in "Kiss Kiss Bang Bang," "Wonder Boys" and "Chaplin," the film for which he was nominated for an Oscar®.

In addition to directing the first "Iron Man," Favreau has previously directed "Elf," "Zathura: A Space Adventure" and "Made." He is also well known for writing and starring in "Swingers." He will next be seen acting in "Four Christmasses," "I Love You Man" and "Couples Retreat."

Don Cheadle Will Star as Rhodey in "Iron Man 2"

Marvel Studios is pleased today to confirm that an agreement has been finalized with award-winning actor Don Cheadle to take on the role of Colonel James "Rhodey" Rhodes in Marvel's "Iron Man 2" due in theaters on May 7, 2010. In casting Cheadle, Marvel replaces Terrence Howard who appeared in the role of Rhodey in Iron Man.

Cheadle is also signed on to perform the same role in "The Avengers" and subsequent installments of the "Iron Man" franchise.

"We are very excited about working with the extraordinarily talented Don Cheadle as we expand the role of Rhodey in 'Iron Man 2.' It has already become apparent as we prep the movie for production, that the dynamic between Robert and Don will take 'Iron Man 2' to new heights," said Kevin Feige, President of Marvel Studios.

Cheadle is best known for his Oscar® nominated lead performance in "Hotel Rwanda" as well as his role as Basher Tarr in the "Ocean's" franchise, "Crash" and "Swordfish."

Based on Marvel's iconic Super Hero, "Iron Man 2" continues the story of this summer's box office blockbuster IRON MAN, the first feature film produced independently by Marvel Studios. "Iron Man 2" will be produced by Marvel Studios' President, Kevin Feige, and executive produced by Louis D'Esposito, Jon Favreau, Stan Lee, David Maisel and Denis Stewart.

In a movie event, "The Avengers" will bring together the super hero team of Marvel Comics characters for the first time ever, including Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, the Hulk and more, as they are forced to band together to battle the biggest foe they've ever faced.

The highly anticipated sequel to "Iron Man" will be released in theatres on May 7, 2010 and "The Avengers" will be released July 15, 2011. Both films will be distributed by Paramount Pictures.

Source: Comic Book Movie

War Machine FTW! :thumbsup:
ImageImage
ImageImage
Avengers, Assemble.
Iceman
Administrator

Postby Iceman on Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:27 pm

I know that I have posted this in 2 other threads but its soooo awesome :lol:

ImageImage
ImageImage
Avengers, Assemble.
Iceman
Administrator

Postby Dreyesbo on Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:46 pm

Okay, that's awesome.

BUT WHO THE HELL PROGRAMMED CAPTAIN AMERICA A WEEK AFTER HP AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS PART TWO?!

Now, that's a blockbuster summer.
"There's something you better understand about me because it's important. And one day your life may depend on it...I am definitely a mad man with a box."

Dreyesbo
Senior Moderator

Postby Iceman on Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:32 pm

http://spoilertv-movies.blogspot.com/20 ... tails.html

New Info. I'm already excited and its 3 years away :(
ImageImage
ImageImage
Avengers, Assemble.
Iceman
Administrator

Postby Smallville944 on Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:21 am

this sounds like it will be good
Smallville944
Show Expert

Postby Iceman on Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:54 pm

ImageImage
ImageImage
Avengers, Assemble.
Iceman
Administrator

Postby PandaVamp on Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:02 pm

Ha! Fantastic! :thumbsup:
Hope they get Edward Norton. He rocked as Hulk, and him along Robert Downey Jr would be amazing. :wub: Well, that in the case Hulk will be part of the whole thing... crossing my fingers

You have to invite me in.
PandaVamp
Senior Moderator

Postby Iceman on Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:15 pm

PandaVamp wrote:Hope they get Edward Norton. He rocked as Hulk, and him along Robert Downey Jr would be amazing. :wub: Well, that in the case Hulk will be part of the whole thing... crossing my fingers

http://www.movies.spoilertv.com/2010/01 ... -hulk.html

:whistle:
ImageImage
ImageImage
Avengers, Assemble.
Iceman
Administrator

Postby PandaVamp on Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:18 pm

Iceman815 wrote:
PandaVamp wrote:Hope they get Edward Norton. He rocked as Hulk, and him along Robert Downey Jr would be amazing. :wub: Well, that in the case Hulk will be part of the whole thing... crossing my fingers

http://www.movies.spoilertv.com/2010/01 ... -hulk.html

:whistle:

Sweet! :wub: Now, with the options they have for Captain America and the guy who will do Thor, Downey Jr and Norton are going to look like their fathers. :unsure:

PandaVamp
Senior Moderator

Postby Iceman on Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:19 pm

PandaVamp wrote:Sweet! :wub: Now, with the options they have for Captain America and the guy who will do Thor, Downey Jr and Norton are going to look like their fathers. :unsure:

You won't be able to tell when they all have their masks and helmets on :P
ImageImage
ImageImage
Avengers, Assemble.
Iceman
Administrator

Postby PandaVamp on Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:20 pm

Iceman815 wrote:
PandaVamp wrote:Sweet! :wub: Now, with the options they have for Captain America and the guy who will do Thor, Downey Jr and Norton are going to look like their fathers. :unsure:

You won't be able to tell when they all have their masks and helmets on :P

:lol: yeah, that's true...

Still, oldies ftw. :P

PandaVamp
Senior Moderator

Postby Dreyesbo on Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:37 pm

Joss Whedon is apparently on final negotiations to direct.

http://www.deadline.com/2010/04/marvel- ... -avengers/

I'm pretty excited about this :D
"There's something you better understand about me because it's important. And one day your life may depend on it...I am definitely a mad man with a box."

Dreyesbo
Senior Moderator

Postby Iceman on Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:43 pm

Hmm.

I'm a little hesitant with him because he isn't used to the Marvel world, and he is taking other peoples characters and visions, instead of his own.

However, Jon Favreau is executive producing, and Joss is good with an ensemble, which is crucial with all the egos in this movie :P

So hopefully it will work out :D
ImageImage
ImageImage
Avengers, Assemble.
Iceman
Administrator

Next

Return to Movies - Spoilers