The Avengers (Marvel)

Spoiler discussion of movies.

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Re: The Avengers (Marvel)

Postby Iceman on Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:28 am

Edward Norton most likely won't be part of the movie at all, even though he wanted to be.

http://www.movies.spoilertv.com/2010/07 ... -hulk.html
ImageImage
ImageImage
Avengers, Assemble.
Iceman
Administrator

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby theotherslover on Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:28 am

Iceman815 wrote:Edward Norton most likely won't be part of the movie at all, even though he wanted to be.

http://www.movies.spoilertv.com/2010/07 ... -hulk.html

:cry: I'm a huge Edward Norton fan
ImageImage
theotherslover
Show Expert

Postby Dreyesbo on Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:58 pm

"There's something you better understand about me because it's important. And one day your life may depend on it...I am definitely a mad man with a box."

Dreyesbo
Senior Moderator

Postby DestinyFound on Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:39 am

This is sad news :(
Show Expert for Glee and The Office
DestinyFound
Show Expert

Postby Iceman on Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:18 pm

http://www.movies.spoilertv.com/2010/07 ... ikely.html

Mark Ruffalo is the most likely replacement.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Avengers, Assemble.
Iceman
Administrator

Postby PandaVamp on Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:10 pm

Iceman815 wrote:http://www.movies.spoilertv.com/2010/07/avengers-mark-ruffalo-most-likely.html

Mark Ruffalo is the most likely replacement.

I thought at first "what a tasteless article!" and then found out it was written by no one else but Nikki Finke, and tasteless is her second name. :roll: That woman and her Edward Norton hate are ridiculous. :lol:

Anyway, he wanted it and they didn't want him. Suppose Marvel has their reasons, whatever, I don't care. Norton doesn't have to prove anything, but this is what he had to say about it:

As most of you know, I don't like to talk much about the business of making movies because it means a lot to me to protect the audience's fullest enjoyment of the 'magic' that films can have. But I am so appreciative of the outpouring of support from fans of the Hulk and the Avengers that I feel it would be rude not to respond.It seems it won't work out for me to continue playing Bruce Banner for Marvel in 'The Avengers'. I sincerely hoped it could happen and be great for everyone, but it hasn't turned out as we all hoped. I know this is disappointing to many people and that makes me sad. But I am very sincerely grateful to Marvel for extending the offer and even more so for giving me the chance to be a part of the Hulk's long and excellent history. And I really can't thank the fans enough for how much enthusiasm you've sent my way about what Louis and I tried to do in our turn with the legend. It means a lot to me. I grew up with Banner and Hulk and have been a fan of every incarnation. I'm really proud, and very blessed, to have been one of them and will be thrilled to see him live on through other actors. Hulk is bigger than all of us, that's why we love him, right?

Sincerily,

Edward Norton

Source: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1 ... 531&v=wall

In a few words: tasteful and professional. Quite set apart from Marvel's and Nikki Finke's malicious declarations.

About Mark Ruffalo, I can't sincerely see him right now as The Hulk, but he's a good actor and hope he does well.

You have to invite me in.
PandaVamp
Senior Moderator

Postby Iceman on Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:50 pm

Yeah, I thought the "*******" comment was tasteless, but many different sites are reporting it, and that was the main source so....

But I agree, Norton is coming out better than Marvel to the fans. The insiders seem to be on Marvels side however :hmm:
ImageImage
ImageImage
Avengers, Assemble.
Iceman
Administrator

Postby PandaVamp on Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:04 pm

Iceman815 wrote:Yeah, I thought the "*******" comment was tasteless, but many different sites are reporting it, and that was the main source so....

But I agree, Norton is coming out better than Marvel to the fans. The insiders seem to be on Marvels side however :hmm:

Yes, that's how that woman wrote it, so there's nothing anyone can do to make it better. :P Still, I expect that from her, more considering her last article about this whole thing where she distorted everything to make a circus around it (that he didn't want to promote the film, which is false, etc, etc, etc., things that sadly still survive until this day and people out there use as an argument). The thing is, I never expected Marvel to make such a disrespectful statement.

The first to answer to this whole thing was, as it usually happens, Norton's agent.

This offensive statement from Kevin Feige at Marvel is a purposefully misleading, inappropriate attempt to paint our client in a negative light.

Here are the facts: two months ago, Kevin called me and said he wanted Edward to reprise the role of Bruce Banner in The Avengers. He told me it would be his fantasy to bring Edward on stage with the rest of the cast at ComiCon and make it the event of the convention. When I said that Edward was definitely open to this idea, Kevin was very excited and we agreed that Edward should meet with Joss Whedon to discuss the project. Edward and Joss had a very good meeting (confirmed by Feige to me) at which Edward said he was enthusiastic at the prospect of being a part of the ensemble cast. Marvel subsequently made him a financial offer to be in the film and both sides started negotiating in good faith. This past Wednesday, after several weeks of civil, uncontentious discussions, but before we had come to terms on a deal, a representative from Marvel called to say they had decided to go in another direction with the part. This seemed to us to be a financial decision but, whatever the case, it is completely their prerogative, and we accepted their decision with no hard feelings.

So, why did Marvel have to come with such an ugly and unprofessional wording as to explain why they decided to cast another actor? Was it really necessary?

Then Norton, to calm down the waters, published those words at his Facebook site. Good for him, that makes me admire him way more than before. It would have been incredibly cool to see him acting alongside Robert Downey Jr, but he truly doesn't need all this drama and bad rap around him, again, so I actually think: good riddance!

PandaVamp
Senior Moderator

Postby Iceman on Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:10 pm

See Ana, you are brought in as more of a Norton fan then an Avengers fan. Im the opposite. Im more of an Avengers fan than a Norton fan.

But I agree. If he was willing and able, and not as stubborn as people said he was. Then he doesn't need to take that.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Avengers, Assemble.
Iceman
Administrator

Postby PandaVamp on Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:27 pm

Iceman815 wrote:See Ana, you are brought in as more of a Norton fan then an Avengers fan. Im the opposite. Im more of an Avengers fan than a Norton fan.

But I agree. If he was willing and able, and not as stubborn as people said he was. Then he doesn't need to take that.

Exactly, he doesn't need Marvel/Kevin Feige's bull...

I am still going to watch The Avengers (and the rest of Marvel's stuff), and really hope to enjoy it all and that everything goes really well, but I can't help but feel annoyed with this. Not because they didn't cast him, at all, but because they decided to take the disrespectful road to keep putting Edward Norton's name on a negative note.

Not nice and really unnecessary, that's all.

PandaVamp
Senior Moderator

Postby b3rt4 on Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:28 am

TigerBlood
b3rt4
VIP

Postby Iceman on Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:35 pm

http://www.movies.spoilertv.com/2010/08 ... ailer.html

:O

Spoiler (Click to reveal/hide)
Don't get too excited though, lol
ImageImage
ImageImage
Avengers, Assemble.
Iceman
Administrator

Postby drackodelmal on Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:27 pm

this has gotten written EPIC all over, really looking forward to this when it comes out
drackodelmal
Emmy Nominee

Postby Iceman on Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:40 pm

Cobie Smulders (Robin Sparkles!) has been cast as a SHIELD Agent.

I hope the Wasp still appears.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Avengers, Assemble.
Iceman
Administrator

Postby Iceman on Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:40 pm

Ive also heard that they will do a motion capture Hulk. Meaning that Mark Ruffalo will not only play Bruce Banner, but his face will be on the Hulk too.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Avengers, Assemble.
Iceman
Administrator

Previous

Return to Movies - Spoilers