The Box

General discussion of movies.

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

The Box

Postby DestinyFound on Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:38 pm

The Box
Directed by Richard Kelly

Norma and Arthur Lewis, a suburban couple with a young child, receive a simple wooden box as a gift, which bears fatal and irrevocable consequences. A mysterious stranger, delivers the message that the box promises to bestow upon its owner $1 million with the press of a button. But, pressing this button will simultaneously cause the death of another human being somewhere in the world; someone they don't know. With just 24 hours to have the box in their possession, Norma and Arthur find themselves in the cross-hairs of a startling moral dilemma and must face the true nature of their humanity.

Show Expert for Glee and The Office
DestinyFound
Show Expert

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: The Box

Postby VirginiaCreeper on Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:32 pm

I kind of want to see this. I have the "Twilight Zone" (80's series) episode titled "Button, Button" on DVD. They're based on the same story, but they appear to be very different. The TZ episode was more of a comedy, while the movie appears to have more of a dramatic tone to it.

Haven't heard a lot about "The Box", reviews-wise, except that Cameron Diaz is bad.
VirginiaCreeper
Star Billing

Postby DarkUFO on Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:53 pm

Some early reviews here VC

http://uk.rottentomatoes.com/m/10009151-box/

Not great, which is a shame as the concept sounded good and I loved Donnie Darko
DarkUFO
Administrator

Postby Nick on Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:43 pm

Eh...I saw it. It was really strange. I would expect that from the person who did Donnie Darko, which I liked, but still. And Cameron Diaz's acting was the least of their problems...she was decent once you put aside the phony accent. I just didn't really like it.
Nick
Emmy Winner

Postby VirginiaCreeper on Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:33 pm

About her accent, what exactly is it supposed to be? It was distracting in the trailers.
VirginiaCreeper
Star Billing

Postby Nick on Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:44 am

I think it takes place in Massachusetts...can't quite remember. It sounds like a southern accent but it's in some place where it snows.
Nick
Emmy Winner

Return to Movies - General