[Official] Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows:Part II

General discussion of movies.

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

Re: [Official] Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows:Part II

Postby Heiots on Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:19 pm

Two Sides wrote:I'd agree too, I think. They all [literally everyone in Hogwarts] had to rely on the older wizards/witches' experiences/knowledge :P

:nod: Harry needed Snape's memories to know he was a horcrux, though perhaps Hermione would have told him. No one really knows. The professors basically protected the school. Ron's mother killed Bellatrix, who probably would've killed Ginny (not that I'd have minded).

Two Sides wrote:In terms of acting, Alan Rickman and Daniel Radcliffe were just fantastic. :)

Again, don't throw rocks at me, but I thought Daniel did better in the other HP films. He's a terrific actor, but I think this one didn't allow him to show off all that much. Meanwhile, Alan Rickman, Helena Bonham-Carter, etc, who never had much to do in the previous films compared to the young trio, got to show more of their acting skills in this one. That's why they got my attention. They were perfect.
:flowers: Caution: All Juliet related :flowers:
My Fanfiction My YT Videos My Art
Heiots
Star Billing

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby Two Sides on Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:27 pm

Heiots wrote:
Two Sides wrote:I'd agree too, I think. They all [literally everyone in Hogwarts] had to rely on the older wizards/witches' experiences/knowledge :P

:nod: Harry needed Snape's memories to know he was a horcrux, though perhaps Hermione would have told him. No one really knows. The professors basically protected the school. Ron's mother killed Bellatrix, who probably would've killed Ginny (not that I'd have minded).

:lol: I wouldn't have minded too much either. I love Bellatrix so much. Ginny isn't terrible, but... well, I'm indifferent about her :P
Heiots wrote:
Two Sides wrote:In terms of acting, Alan Rickman and Daniel Radcliffe were just fantastic. :)

Again, don't throw rocks at me, but I thought Daniel did better in the other HP films. He's a terrific actor, but I think this one didn't allow him to show off all that much. Meanwhile, Alan Rickman, Helena Bonham-Carter, etc, who never had much to do in the previous films compared to the young trio, got to show more of their acting skills in this one. That's why they got my attention. They were perfect.

Really? I thought he was pretty good in all of them, but in this one, I just thought he was flawless! :O But I do agree regarding Helena Bonham-Carter and Alan Rickman, definitely! :D The older actors/actresses were brilliant in all the movies they appeared in, to be fair, but they all seemed to up their game brilliantly for this! :D The cast are amazing.
HannaK wrote:I've found my Sawyer to Juliet tbh :wub: :D
Two Sides
Oscar Winner

Postby Woongo on Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:31 pm

I don't think that Radcliffe was flawless :) He wasn't bad, but definitely needs to improve. His voice acting is really good, though. In the trailer when he said the line about Dumbledore to Snape it sounded really good. But when his face went along with the line in the movie, it wasn't that good :lol:
"No use in having rules if there's no punishment for breaking them." - Locke

Thanks to Devil's Arcade for the signature!

Woongo
Supporting Actor

Postby Two Sides on Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:56 pm

I guess I'm alone in my thoughts then :lol: :( His voice acting was great!
Two Sides
Oscar Winner

Postby Leroi22 on Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:22 pm

Two Sides wrote:I guess I'm alone in my thoughts then :lol: :( His voice acting was great!

You aren't alone, I thought he did fantastic! As did everyone really!
Leroi22
Supporting Actor

Postby Joshua on Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:27 am

Saw it again tonight and loved it even more, even cried a little this time (at the forest scene).

Really do think it's good, although a friend of mine who is also Potter obsessed hated it and was bored even.

My sister liked it, but thought there should have been more of the other characters fighting in the battle, and more made of the deaths (a fair comment, imo).

Quick questions, that may be answered in the book but haven't read it in so long (rereading now though, so don't panic!) - how did Neville know about the Marauder's Map, and how did Luna get back to school?
Joshua
Forum Moderator

Postby Leroi22 on Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:58 am

Quick questions, that may be answered in the book but haven't read it in so long (rereading now though, so don't panic!) - how did Neville know about the Marauder's Map, and how did Luna get back to school?

I'm pretty sure Neville found out about the marauder's map in Order of the Phoenix whenever they started doing the DA meetings. They used the marauder's map to make sure that Filch, Mrs. Norris or any other professor weren't lurking nearby before leaving the room of requirement.

As for Luna, I have absolutely no idea...plot hole I suppose, I don't even remember how she got back to Hogwarts in the books either.
Leroi22
Supporting Actor

Postby Joshua on Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:24 am

Leroi22 wrote:I'm pretty sure Neville found out about the marauder's map in Order of the Phoenix whenever they started doing the DA meetings. They used the marauder's map to make sure that Filch, Mrs. Norris or any other professor weren't lurking nearby before leaving the room of requirement.

Ah yes, of course :) Thanks! I've read the books so many times but still forget a lot... makes rereads all the better! :D
Joshua
Forum Moderator

Postby Dreyesbo on Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:39 pm

Luna came back with the Order. in the movie, once Harry arrived, a student called on the radio for the Order, saying "the lightning has struck". In the book, Neville called them with the magic coins they used in the DA.
"There's something you better understand about me because it's important. And one day your life may depend on it...I am definitely a mad man with a box."

Dreyesbo
Senior Moderator

Postby Joshua on Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:21 pm

Oh righty, I thought I'd seen her in the hall when the students are called to the hall by Snape. Thanks :D
Joshua
Forum Moderator

Postby Woongo on Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:54 pm

One thing that really irritated me was that Harry just snapped the Elder wand in half. Just like that.

It's the most powerful wand ever created and he just... snaps it. O.o
"No use in having rules if there's no punishment for breaking them." - Locke

Thanks to Devil's Arcade for the signature!

Woongo
Supporting Actor

Postby Heiots on Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:01 pm

Kudos to Harry. :P
:flowers: Caution: All Juliet related :flowers:
My Fanfiction My YT Videos My Art
Heiots
Star Billing

Postby Two Sides on Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:28 pm

Woongo wrote:One thing that really irritated me was that Harry just snapped the Elder wand in half. Just like that.

It's the most powerful wand ever created and he just... snaps it. O.o

Same! :lol: He's got balls, though. I would of kept it, for sure! :lol:
Two Sides
Oscar Winner

Postby Sawyer5665 on Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:13 am

So, I FINALLY got to see it. I LOVED IT!! It was everything that I was hoping for and more. The parts that were different from the book were well done, I thought. After seeing it, I'm glad that they chose to mix it up a little bit...I'm glad that the film wasn't a verbatim retelling of the book's ending.

Like a lot of you, Alan Rickman really stole the show for me. My favorite parts were seeing Professor Snape breaking from his hard, evil persona to show the real man. Seeing the rush of emotion that he had been previously forced to hide from everyone (except of course for Dumbledore) was just awesome.

Honestly, the only part that I was at all disappointed by was the epilogue...the 19 years later scene. I was expecting more out of it to be honest. But, other than that, I loved every minute of it. And that is a small thing.
DarthLocke made this awesome signature!!!

Take me to another place,
Take me to another land,
Make me forget all that hurts me,
Let me understand your plan.
Sawyer5665
Show Expert

Postby Joshua on Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:16 am

Really glad to hear you loved it :) For any Potter film to be considered awesome was a shock, so I was happily surprised and I can't wait to see it a third time!

I'm also rereading DH now after over a year and loving that too. Hooray for JK Rowling is all I can say :D

What didn't you like about the Epilogue? I wasn't overly keen either, they did an appalling job of making them all look older, but then I guess they could just chalk it up to magic :P
Joshua
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Movies - General