[Official] Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows:Part II

General discussion of movies.

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

Re: [Official] Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows:Part II

Postby Sawyer5665 on Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:35 am

Joshua wrote:Really glad to hear you loved it :) For any Potter film to be considered awesome was a shock, so I was happily surprised and I can't wait to see it a third time!

I'm also rereading DH now after over a year and loving that too. Hooray for JK Rowling is all I can say :D

What didn't you like about the Epilogue? I wasn't overly keen either, they did an appalling job of making them all look older, but then I guess they could just chalk it up to magic :P

Honestly, I didn't like anything about the epilogue. As you pointed out, they did a terrible job of aging the characters...but I could have looked past that. It just felt like to me that they didn't put a lot of effort into the scene. It left me with the feeling that none of the actors really put their heart into it. It felt like a rehearsal to be honest. Under acted, I guess. I don't know, I just felt like they could have given us more in that last, last scene.
DarthLocke made this awesome signature!!!

Take me to another place,
Take me to another land,
Make me forget all that hurts me,
Let me understand your plan.
Sawyer5665
Show Expert

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby Leroi22 on Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:27 pm

I have to disagree, I really liked the epilogue and the actors did a fantastic job! :thumbup:
Leroi22
Supporting Actor

Postby TheManInBlack23 on Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:36 pm

I felt there were a number of problems concerning this film. Not so much with what we saw, but what we didn't. I mean, it's the final Harry Potter film and it turns out to be the shortest of the lot? Should have been at least another 20 minutes longer, imo. :)
"He smiles. The plane is gone, finally free of the island. Jack Shephard has done what he came to this place to do. He has found his purpose. He has found love. And been loved. And he has finally found a way to love himself. The bamboo sways across the blue sky. And Jack Shephard's eye closes one final time. He is gone."

TheManInBlack23
Stunt Double

Location: I am tied to a tree in a jungle of mystery A.K.A. Scotland

Postby Joshua on Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:37 pm

I thought Radcliffe did well, the others all just stood there. One of the few scenes over the 7 films I thought DanRad acted well in.

TheManInBlack23 wrote:I felt there were a number of problems concerning this film. Not so much with what we saw, but what we didn't. I mean, it's the final Harry Potter film and it turns out to be the shortest of the lot? Should have been at least another 20 minutes longer, imo. :)

True, it would have been nice to be longer but technically the film 'Deathly Hallows' is 4hr30 :P At least we got two films instead of it all crammed into one
Joshua
Forum Moderator

Postby TheManInBlack23 on Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:39 pm

After having now read the book, I have to say this pales in comparison. The book's last chapter was so, so much better. Still a great film, but it could have been so much more.
"He smiles. The plane is gone, finally free of the island. Jack Shephard has done what he came to this place to do. He has found his purpose. He has found love. And been loved. And he has finally found a way to love himself. The bamboo sways across the blue sky. And Jack Shephard's eye closes one final time. He is gone."

TheManInBlack23
Stunt Double

Location: I am tied to a tree in a jungle of mystery A.K.A. Scotland

Postby Magic Box on Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:07 am

Late to the party. When part 1 came out last year, I decided to ignore it and wait for the second part to air so I could watch both back to back. This is a lesson gained from the painful waiting of the next installment of a LOTR movie for a whole, long, painful, killing year. Oh, and need I mention a whole, long, painful, killing LOST hiatus?

I didn't get around to see any of it yet, it's been quite a busy summer. But I thought I'd let you fans know - just those who didn't know already - that there's an iPad application for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Downloading it gives you access to free extras like behind the scene clips. The full movies are available upon payment of $ 23 US, and buying them unlocks more bonus clips.

For those interested, I couldn't find the link through the Apple store using my computer, but if you land a search in you iPad's app store for "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows", this will be the first app to show up in the list.

Out to buy some popcorn.
ImageImage
Owner of Ben's red tie, Ben's Bendiana Jones outfit, Ben's bunny, and Ben's "Don't you read?" line.
Magic Box
Emmy Winner

Location: Near the polar bears, far from the Frozen Donkey Wheel

Previous

Return to Movies - General