Great movies you might not have heard of.

General discussion of movies.

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

Great movies you might not have heard of.

Postby Adam on Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:35 am

Hey guys, just wanted to make a list of movies that not many people have seen or heard of, but when you saw it, blew your mind at how good they were. Basically the aim is to help people watch movies that they probably wouldn't have even thought of had they walked past it in the shop.

I'll start off:

City of God

"Two boys growing up in a violent neighborhood of Rio de Janeiro take different paths: one becomes a photographer, the other a drug dealer." (IMDB).
Definitely one of my all time favourites, the acting, direction, storyline... it's all there. Utterly brilliant! It's all in Portugese though so be prepared to read subtitles (if you don't speak Portugese).

Zodiac
A San Francisco cartoonist becomes an amateur detective obsessed with tracking down the Zodiac killer. (IMDB).
David Fincher directs, another great storyline, will keep you on the edge of your seat the whole movie. One of the only films that's actually freaked me out (the scene near the end with the basement). Robert Downey Jr. and Jake Gyllenhaal star. Oh and John Terry's in it too for the lost watchers :)

Breaking Bad | The Office | Entourage | Lost | Californication
Adam
Former Staff Member

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Return to Movies - General