Pirates Of The Caribbean 4

General discussion of movies.

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

Pirates Of The Caribbean 4

Postby Iceman on Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:11 pm

Johnny Depp Signs On To Bring Back Captain Jack In 'Pirates 4'
Disney also nabs Depp for 'Alice in Wonderland' and 'Lone Ranger.'

Johnny Depp is a busy, busy man. For the next several years, he'll be playing pirate, mad hatter, and cowboys and Indians. And — most important for a certain studio — he'll be doing it all while wearing mouse ears.

The 45-year-old actor, arguably the most desired A-list actor in Hollywood at the moment, made a surprise appearance in Hollywood Wednesday at the "Walt Disney Showcase," a preview of the studio's next several years of movies. As the crowd roared, it was announced that Depp would play the Mad Hatter in Tim Burton's "Alice in Wonderland," Tonto in Jerry Bruckheimer's "Lone Ranger" and one additional role.

On Thursday morning (September 25), that role was announced by Depp's reps, confirming the dreams of millions who spent the night sleeping on Orlando Bloom bedsheets: Captain Jack Sparrow will return to fight another day.

According to "Variety," Depp has signed on for a fourth "Pirates of the Caribbean" film, returning to the franchise that has earned a combined $2.6 billion at the box office. Although he previously hinted that he'd be open to setting sail again in his most iconic role, it is largely believed that it will be a solo journey, as "Pirates" co-stars Bloom and Keira Knightley have insisted they're finished with the franchise. Last year's "At World's End" concluded with Sparrow setting sail for the Fountain of Youth, likely hinting at the adventure soon to come.

But before audiences see Depp back in his ratty pirate clothes and beaded beard, they can look forward to having a tea party with him in 2010. Stepping into the iconic role of the Mad Hatter, Depp joins previously announced 18-year-old newcomer Mia Wasikowska, who has been chosen to play Alice. The 3-D "Alice in Wonderland" will reunite one of the most successful director-actor duos of the last few decades for the seventh time; Depp has previously collaborated with Burton on everything from "Edward Scissorhands" to "Sweeney Todd."

Most likely sometime between those two films, Depp will hit the screen opposite an unnamed kemo sabe for a 21st century re-imagining of "The Lone Ranger," as previously announced by super-producer Bruckheimer. For a brief period of time, some news outlets believed that Depp would be playing the heroic cowboy — but this morning, the actor's reps insisted that he'd been cast as the Ranger's long-suffering, fiercely loyal Native American sidekick, Tonto. Depp, who has said in interviews that he has some Cherokee and Navajo in his blood, previously portrayed an American Indian in the 1997 film "The Brave."

Source: MTV.com
ImageImage
ImageImage
Avengers, Assemble.
Iceman
Administrator

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: Pirates Of The Caribbean 4

Postby Dezdmona on Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:01 pm

:swoons: :rofl:
Dezdmona
Stunt Double

Postby SorshaFire on Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:34 pm

There is just no such thing as too much Johnny Depp. And a new pirates movie without Keira and Orlando is no big deal Cap. Jack was the star of it all anyhow. Hopefully they will also bring back Keith Richards as his dad too!!
SorshaFire
Supporting Actor

Postby The Strog on Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:09 pm

I actually heard that Bruckheimer is thinking of taking POTC away from the supernatural and more towards a sci-fi series. Like Jules Verne-esque.
If you don't like Doctor Who, click here. If you love Doctor Who, click here. After you've clicked one of those, come here.

Tune in for PSYCH
RETURNING THIS SUMMER ON USA NETWORK
The Strog
Former Staff Member

Postby JacobsMom on Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:09 pm

I love CapN Jack! I just hope they don't ruin what they have shown so far in the first 3. Sometimes by going back for another film, the original idea is gone and they lose what made it so good the first time.

An "Alice in Wonderland" film sounds great! Depp was made to play the Mad Hatter.

I'm not sure about the "Lone Ranger" though. That doesn't sound like something I would want to see. :unsure:
JacobsMom
Emmy Nominee

Postby DharmaFlashes08 on Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:48 am

Awesome! Johnny Depp has a lot of plans happening, and I would love to see his turn as the Mad Hatter. I may have to see Alice in Wonderland. :PP But POTC4 is a gimme, those will always be must-sees.
DharmaFlashes08
Show Expert

Postby Bella on Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:12 am

I HATED the third film, and it's insulting to fans to do another one without Will and Elizabeth. FEH. :cursing:

Twitter / YouTube Channel

:) STV Podcast co-host :)
Bella
Senior Moderator

Postby isabelle on Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:34 pm

As much as i wanna see jack again, it just won't fel right without Keira Knightley and Olando Bloom. I was never particularly bothered with these character anyway, and only really liked jack, but the way the third one ended, made me want Will to be rescued and they could be reunited. It just doesn't feel right to me...so i agree with Bella......
isabelle
Emmy Winner

Postby Iceman on Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:38 pm

isabelle wrote:As much as i wanna see jack again, it just won't fel right without Keira Knightley and Olando Bloom. I was never particularly bothered with these character anyway, and only really liked jack, but the way the third one ended, made me want Will to be rescued and they could be reunited. It just doesn't feel right to me...so i agree with Bella......

Well I would rather have an Orlando Bloom and Keira Knightley-less Pirates than a Johnny Depp-less Pirates. So it could be worse, but I would like to see everyone back for a fourth. :thumbsup:
ImageImage
ImageImage
Avengers, Assemble.
Iceman
Administrator

Postby Joshua on Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:25 pm

isabelle wrote:As much as i wanna see jack again, it just won't fel right without Keira Knightley and Olando Bloom. I was never particularly bothered with these character anyway

So true :( But woo POTC4! :pirate:
Joshua
Forum Moderator

Postby Adam on Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:58 am

These movies don't really interest me any more. I'm kinda sick of POTC (the way they finished the 3rd one p****d me off) no offence to Mafia III Pangy, you're doing a kick-ass job :thumbup: ..and I'm really really sick of the amount of money-grabbing sequels they are coming out with these days. Sorry for the rant :PP
Breaking Bad | The Office | Entourage | Lost | Californication
Adam
Former Staff Member

Postby Bella on Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:42 am

isabelle wrote:As much as i wanna see jack again, it just won't fel right without Keira Knightley and Olando Bloom. I was never particularly bothered with these character anyway, and only really liked jack, but the way the third one ended, made me want Will to be rescued and they could be reunited. It just doesn't feel right to me...so i agree with Bella......

:thumbup:

Twitter / YouTube Channel

:) STV Podcast co-host :)
Bella
Senior Moderator

Postby Joshua on Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:33 pm

Adam wrote:no offence to Mafia III Pangy, you're doing a kick-ass job :thumbup:

What can I say, he speaks the truth Image
Joshua
Forum Moderator

Postby Adam on Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:10 am

PenguinJosh wrote:
Adam wrote:no offence to Mafia III Pangy, you're doing a kick-ass job :thumbup:

What can I say, he speaks the truth Image

Hahaha I lol'd :lol:
Breaking Bad | The Office | Entourage | Lost | Californication
Adam
Former Staff Member

Postby isabelle on Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:27 pm

Iceman815 wrote:

Well I would rather have an Orlando Bloom and Keira Knightley-less Pirates than a Johnny Depp-less Pirates. So it could be worse, but I would like to see everyone back for a fourth. :thumbsup:

Yeh, deffo. I'd rather have those two left out of it, than jack. But still.....be great to see everyone come back... :(

I'll watch it anyway, just wont love it that much....
isabelle
Emmy Winner

Next

Return to Movies - General