S4 likely to be the final season?

Spoiler discussion for 'Heroes'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

S4 likely to be the final season?

Postby Jacob112 on Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:48 pm

This could be bad news for "Heroes" fans. Real bad news.

Sources at NBC have told Airlock Alpha that the inevitable is finally happening: Networks executives will ask "Heroes" producers to wind the series down, possibly with an overall finale by May.

"There isn't much happening with this show in terms of audience, and giving it a 'final chapter' feel is something the network is considering to help allow the show to go out with a bang," said the source, who asked not to be identified.

One thing to stress, however, is that no final decision has been made yet, and likely won't be made until closer to mid-season. The source was not even clear if a wrap-up directive had been issued to "Heroes" quite yet. If it hasn't, it will.

"I don't think this should surprise anybody," the source said. "The writing has been on the wall for some time.

However, none of this has been confirmed by NBC quite yet, and should be treated as any rumor would.

Source: Airlock Alpha
Jacob112
Stunt Double

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: S4 likely to be the final season?

Postby Brookie on Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:03 am

Topic moved to the appropriate sub-forum.
Brookie---keeper of the Sacred Doritos and defender of the Cake :pirate:
Brookie
Former Staff Member

Postby TheGibe on Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:37 pm

I think this is probably true. Not just because it seems like the writing on the wall, because I heard that that's what the people on the show are saying through a secondary source. You can believe that or not, haha, I can't really say without getting a newbie on the show in trouble.
For here all are one,
and our hearts are true.
TheGibe
Guest Star

Postby MrsAdamLambert on Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:04 pm

I can't say I'm shocked. When season 1 was so popular so fast and recieved so much attention and praise I had a feeling we were in for a burn out situation. Season 1 is so revered that nothing can compare. They'll always be complaints and comparisons and the show will suffer for it.

And look what happened. The praise has been on a steady decline since season 1 ended and despite plenty of loyal fans most people believe that the show has never bounced back. That's not my mind set (in fact I never understood why season 1 was seen as such a gem, good yet but come on people were acting like it was the second coming or something) but that seems to be general opinion.
Ashley
MrsAdamLambert
Extra

Postby Weightless on Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:03 pm

Jacob112 wrote:
This could be bad news for "Heroes" fans. Real bad news.

Sources at NBC have told Airlock Alpha that the inevitable is finally happening: Networks executives will ask "Heroes" producers to wind the series down, possibly with an overall finale by May.

"There isn't much happening with this show in terms of audience, and giving it a 'final chapter' feel is something the network is considering to help allow the show to go out with a bang," said the source, who asked not to be identified.

One thing to stress, however, is that no final decision has been made yet, and likely won't be made until closer to mid-season. The source was not even clear if a wrap-up directive had been issued to "Heroes" quite yet. If it hasn't, it will.

"I don't think this should surprise anybody," the source said. "The writing has been on the wall for some time.

However, none of this has been confirmed by NBC quite yet, and should be treated as any rumor would.

Source: Airlock Alpha

I seriously hope not!! :mad:
Visit and sign up to (for free) http://allheroes.webs.com/
Weightless
Viewer

Postby Lord Brad III on Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:37 am

I hope this is not true and does not happen.
"We're good and lost now." Barbossa
"Lost?!" Elizabeth
"For certain, you have to be lost to find the places can't be found; elseways everyone would know where it was." Barbossa [Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End]

---------
'Are you completely doubtless that you are nameless?' He asked.‘Positively certain.’ 'Positively certain.'‘Would it be Mick Barry?’’ 'No.'‘Peter Dundy?’ 'No.' 'Scrutch?’ 'No.'‘Lord Brad?’ ’ 'Not him.' ... ~The Third Policeman - Flann O'Brien
Lord Brad III
Star Billing

Location: 423 Miles To The East Of Here...At Least I Think It's East...

Postby JediChewy on Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:53 pm

It's about time. It had it's lowest rating a week ago.
May The Force Be With You!
JediChewy
Guest Star

Postby lexnox on Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:26 pm

Comcast more or less owns NBC now so (the OP wrote this thread before the deal). Next, Heroes is on not only the NBC network, it's on its website, Hulu, and Netflix (streaming). I'll let you come to your own conclusions as to what this means.
Aeon & LOST
Let's see how fast you can run?
lexnox
Supporting Actor

Postby MrsAdamLambert on Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:06 am

I really hope not. I mean yes over the years Heroes has had it's problems but every show does. There's no such thing as a perfect show but there is such a thing as a super demanding fan base that expects perfection and holds the show to rediculous standards that were set during the first season.

I don't say the show is perfect or that I follow is blindly. I see the problems and am not afraid to be critical of the show (I don't know about you but the episode that aired on the 11th of this month was probably the most boring episode in quite some time) but the fans set themselves up to disappointed. The demand so much of it and because of the structure of the show, only plotting the show out season to season and not on a larger long term scale, they sometimes seem to be swayed by fan opinion (because if history shows us anything the fans certainly known what they want and never change their minds or flip flop all over the place :whistle:). Way back in season 2 if we had all just calmed down a bit and tried to enjoy the show for what it was not hold it up to season 1 so religiously or hold every tiny element under a microscope I think it would have held up much better not only in terms of fan opinion but structure wise.

I really hope it gets a chance to redeem itself during one more year. I won't say I want it to go longer then that because they would really need to get back to long term thought out creative thought out concepts they seem to only be able to come up with for Sylar (since the start actually) and on occassion some of the other characters.

***EDIT***I hope not because I just read this! http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2010/01/nielsen-to-add-online-viewing-of-tv-shows-into-ratings-number.html According to Variety, "Nielsen intends to introduce a service that will combine TV and online viewing of shows into a single rating." This is in response to network executives pressuring Nielsen to find a way to factor in online viewers to their ratings.
Ashley
MrsAdamLambert
Extra

Postby AnastasioPhan on Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:59 pm

Is there any news on this?
AnastasioPhan
Extra

Postby Flost Forward on Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:31 pm

AnastasioPhan wrote:Is there any news on this?

nope. nbc is seemingly taunting us. all the other shows already more or less have their fates revealed to public.

oh well, its not like I love Heroes anyway. I just wanna know if this nightmare continues or keeps going
Walter: "Hello, William."

William Bell: "Walter."

Walter: "I see you've aged."

William Bell: "It appears I'm not the only one!"
Flost Forward
Viewer

Postby Thefrogwhisperer on Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:12 pm

I hold out such hope for this series I hope that season 4 is not the end. The final season has to be a return to Season 1 epicness.
Thefrogwhisperer
Viewer

Return to Heroes Spoilers