Season 5 Spoiler Index

Spoiler discussion for 'LOST'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Re: Season 5 Spoiler Index

Postby Kid_A on Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:00 am

It's a creepy thing about Mrs Hawking and the guy with a tie problem, but Hurley and his mother issue... The first thing I thought was "WTF!", and then "Uhh, maybe she have heard it on somewhere, or she really believes him, whatever..."

But I was so sure that the guy with the yellow suit was Radzinski... why not him? :(
Kid_A
Supporting Actor

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby T.L.A. on Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:01 am

:rofl: @ Nanaluvren's avatar.
John Locke: 2004~2009
T.L.A.
Former Staff Member

Postby kassandra on Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:08 am

Kid_A wrote:
But I was so sure that the guy with the yellow suit was Radzinski... why not him? :(

Because Daniel relaying his message to Radzinksy, who then tells it to Kelvin, who tells it to Desmond would have been too complicated. Not to mention that it would have needed two additional guest stars, and would have robbed them of the opportunity to have two regular castmembers act a scene together even though they're completely separated in time and space.
kassandra
Stunt Double

Postby Kid_A on Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:15 am

Oh OK, I've not minded the "Desmond is informed by Daniel in a different timeline" thing, thanks kassandra. :D But I would like to see Radzinski on screen, I wonder what does he look like. Or even...

Radzinski=Jacob or perhaps Radzinski=Annie, who knows?...
Kid_A
Supporting Actor

Postby 308 on Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:18 am

If you've follow spoiler picks on DarkUFO, you'll see that Radzinsky has already been cast and that we should see him, as well as other early Dharma members, sometime over episodes nine ten or eleven.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."
-Douglas Adams
Viewer

Postby Vertigo on Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:28 am

Wow! We had amazing spoilers latelly, but the bit about Faraday/Hawking... :O I didn't see it coming (if it's really confirmed on later episodes).
Thanks Vantor :thumbsup:

Faraday is gonna be awesome in S5 :thumbup:

T.L.A. wrote::rofl: @ Nanaluvren's avatar.

:rofl:
As a Lost fan, I can totally relate to Ben there :scared:

"He smiles. The plane is gone, finally free of the island. Jack Shephard has done what he came to this place to do. He has found his purpose. He has found love. And been loved. And he has finally found a way to love himself. The bamboo sways across the blue sky. And Jack Shephard's eye closes one final time. He is gone."
Vertigo
Supporting Actor

Postby Anis Ben Amor on Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:37 am

Amazing Spoilers and i love the Format.

But how can Ms. Hawking be at the island and also in oxford?
Last edited by Gus TT Showbiz on Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Double Post. If you have something to add in the future please use the edit button. Thanks
Anis Ben Amor
Viewer

Postby 308 on Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:06 am

She's not on the island. I don't care what the Q and A might suggest, but there's no way to place that room she's in on the island. Especially considering we have spoilers indicating a Ben and Hawking scene together at the end of episode two. Her connection to Brother Campbell, the fact that she's in a hood and robe, that the room's dimly lit and the walls are the same pale shade as the monastery, I'd bet all my cheeseburgers that that room is connected to the monastery.

Also, I don't see how Faraday can be Hawking's kid. What's he doing living in Essex, Massachusetts, with a care-taker, if Hawking is his mother? I would think she would want him closer to her than that. That doesn't make sense to me.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."
-Douglas Adams
Viewer

Postby ang709 on Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:43 am

It does seem odd that Hurley's mom would believe his story, especially since he's 'crazy'. She must have some knowledge we're still unaware of. Unless she just said 'I believe you' to calm him down? I look forward to finding out. The new season can't start soon enough.
ang709
Stunt Double

Postby chigger77 on Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:15 am

Perhaps David Reyes wasn't in Las Vegas all those years, maybe he was not in portland, or was in canada. But that's a stretch!
Yeah that Faraday/Hawking connection.. I will remain skeptical for the time being. Besides the source on here said that it was perhaps leading to the fact that they were mother and son, he didn't actually say that they are.

In a room connected somehow to the monastery? I like that!
HURLEY: Dude, that beer's been sitting there since before Rocky III, maybe even II. It's probably poison by now.
SAWYER: Skeletor seems to like it. Bottoms up.
HURLEY: That's not cool, dude. That guy had a mom, a family, and friends. Oh, and a name. It's Roger Workman.
SAWYER: It's Work Man, you blockhead. That's his job. He was a DHARMA janitor.
HURLEY: Yeah, well you should still respect the dead.
chigger77
Extra

Postby 308 on Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:03 am

If she believes Hurley, and it seems likely Hugo's visit is after he breaks out of Santa Rosa, maybe there's been some strange people visiting his parents all the time he's been away. Like Abbadon. "What has your son told you about what happened to him Mrs. Reyes?" Instead of pretending to be a Lawyer, Abbadon's pretending to be a doctor from Santa Rosa, just trying to get information to help Hurley. :)

Or so he tells her.

Strange enough things may be going on around her now that Hurley is back, that makes believing him that much easier. I don't think though she's a major player with any information on the island or the DI.

I'm excited that the first few episodes seem to be meaty.
-Douglas Adams
Viewer

Postby 308 on Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:08 am

vantor wrote:Source cannot be revealed.

A last one:

Mrs. Hawking is...
Spoiler (Click to reveal/hide)
almost certainly Faraday's mother, since Faraday asks Desmond to go to Oxford and find his MOTHER (in another timeline), though he runs out of time before telling the name

That could be Theresa. Casting call for a lady with dementia and a care taker, moments of lucidity.
-Douglas Adams
Viewer

Postby kassandra on Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:27 am

308 wrote:
vantor wrote:Source cannot be revealed.

A last one:

Mrs. Hawking is...
Spoiler (Click to reveal/hide)
almost certainly Faraday's mother, since Faraday asks Desmond to go to Oxford and find his MOTHER (in another timeline), though he runs out of time before telling the name

That could be Theresa. Casting call for a lady with dementia and a care taker, moments of lucidity.

Adding to the fun, it could also be the caretaker, Abigail. She's exactly the same age as Theresa and she's described as sarcastic - I remember Ms. Hawking being quite cranky.

(Of course, to make things less complicated, it's very likely that Theresa simply has information where Des might find Ms. Hawking. That would avoid any time travel hijinks. But it would be almost boring... and wouldn't explain why they specified she needs to be blonde and pretty in the casting call.)

ETA: before anyone wonders why I'm always putting Desmond with Theresa, Ryan said on one of his transmissions that he saw trailers with their names (and Abigail, and Mattingly, who is a character who shows up in Ep 2), so they'll definitely share a scene. She's not in a flashback for Dan, or anything like that.
kassandra
Stunt Double

Postby ang709 on Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:47 pm

308 wrote:If she believes Hurley, and it seems likely Hugo's visit is after he breaks out of Santa Rosa, maybe there's been some strange people visiting his parents all the time he's been away. Like Abbadon. "What has your son told you about what happened to him Mrs. Reyes?" Instead of pretending to be a Lawyer, Abbadon's pretending to be a doctor from Santa Rosa, just trying to get information to help Hurley. :)

Or so he tells her.

Strange enough things may be going on around her now that Hurley is back, that makes believing him that much easier. I don't think though she's a major player with any information on the island or the DI.

I hadn't really thought about that, but I think you may have something there. Do you think his telling her puts her in danger, though? I always wondered if one of the reasons Nadia was killed was because Sayid told her the truth.

And speaking of Abbadon, I wonder when we'll find out what the miracle was that happened to him.
ang709
Stunt Double

Postby UppaCreek on Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:30 pm

Remember -- we don't know that she actually believes him, just that she says "I believe you."
UppaCreek
Viewer

PreviousNext

Return to Lost Spoilers