Season 5 Spoiler Index

Spoiler discussion for 'LOST'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Re: Season 5 Spoiler Index

Postby kassandra on Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:36 am

308 wrote:
It could be the nurse attending to Teresa, sure.

Also, while Faraday may tell Desmond to find his mother, it could just be Faraday's mother is the first link to get to Hawking. Desmond in Oxford looks like he';s going to have to Sherlock Holmes it.

[...]

Finds Faradays mother, possibly nurse/caretaker of Theresa. Theresa is somehow connected to Hawking/the island/time travel something like that. From Theresa you get enough info to figure out that it's Hawking you're looking for. Having met the lady himself, Des may find her again in the jewelry store.

Or she finds him as he's looking around. She found him last time.

I think making the mother just the middle person instead of the actual goal would be too complicated. Faraday knew he didn't have much time, so if the person he actual wants Des to find is not his Mom, he would have said "find Ms. X in Oxford."

The problem with both Theresa or Abigail being Faraday's mother is that they're both in their thirties, so unless these scenes are set in the past, they're going to be just a connection to her. If the scene is set in the past, there has to be a reason why Desmond suddenly jumps again.

As for when Des finds/meets Ms. Hawking, from other spoilers I would guess Episode 7.
kassandra
Stunt Double

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby lawoman80s on Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:29 pm

Wow!
lawoman80s
Viewer

Postby Keeba on Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:38 pm

I can't wait for season 5!
Keeba
Viewer

Postby zebrakiller on Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:15 pm

I would just like to thank our source VANTOR for this awesome info.

I have been going absolutely CRAZY looking for Lost info.
For hours upon hours, I've tried to learn how to hack websites, or find weaknesses, or bypass logins in an attempt to get into ABC's Medianet so I can watch the first 2 episodes. However, I don't really understand any of the information I read. And I had to give up.

I am so grateful that there are a few people out there feeding us the info that we need.

Spoilers, to me, are only a piece of the puzzle. Like anything on Lost, there are a lot more layers than just plot points. The cinematography, the art direction, the acting, the dialogue, the score, the mystery, the context of everything... it all comes together and makes for such a ridiculously fulfilling experience. The reason I like spoilers is because it helps me get a head start on understanding how everything is going to fit together and play out. It also helps me stay busy thinking about Lost 24-7. Every little bit of information just gives us that much more insight into what is to come, and what may be. If you wait and get it all at once when the epsiode airs, sometimes it is simply too much to take in in one sitting. When you get the info piece by piece, it helps you analyze each piece, and thus, have a much better understanding of the show.
People like Dark get a bad rap. I know that D & C are generally not happy with spoilers and spoiler sites (which from a their POV, I understand). ABC certainly doesn't like it. But I am very thankful that despite that disapproval, Dark and everyone else continue to give us this information. No matter what your stance on spoilers is, the bottom line is that it's for the love of the show. And in the end, what matters is that we are all a part of the community that makes this the most talked about TV show ever.

I just wanted to let my appreciation be known. I visit this site about a thousand times a day.
zebrakiller
Viewer

Postby vandelay on Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:27 pm

What zebrakiller said. :thumbsup:
vandelay
Viewer

Postby The Cartographer on Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:41 pm

Here, here Zebra!
The Cartographer
Extra

Postby Ryan Nanahara on Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:06 pm

Zebra's got it down to the T.

Totally agree with everything he said :)
Ryan Nanahara
Viewer

Postby Huntersmom on Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:14 pm

Wow!!! I cannot wait til Jan 21!
Huntersmom
Viewer

Postby Lord Brad III on Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:21 am

Have any of you ever wondered how you would summarize the past 4 seasons to someone who hasn't seen a single episode?
I just started wondering that now, because we know that Hurley tells his mom about everything that happened over the 108 days they were on the island. AND SHE BELIEVES HIM.
Heh, I can't WAIT to see how Hurley summarizes everything to her. I've always wanted to hear how someone would explain such a thing.
But that a character IN THE SHOW is doing this synopsis, that's even better!
"We're good and lost now." Barbossa
"Lost?!" Elizabeth
"For certain, you have to be lost to find the places can't be found; elseways everyone would know where it was." Barbossa [Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End]

---------
'Are you completely doubtless that you are nameless?' He asked.‘Positively certain.’ 'Positively certain.'‘Would it be Mick Barry?’’ 'No.'‘Peter Dundy?’ 'No.' 'Scrutch?’ 'No.'‘Lord Brad?’ ’ 'Not him.' ... ~The Third Policeman - Flann O'Brien
Lord Brad III
Star Billing

Location: 423 Miles To The East Of Here...At Least I Think It's East...

Postby kassandra on Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:34 am

Lord Brad III wrote:Have any of you ever wondered how you would summarize the past 4 seasons to someone who hasn't seen a single episode?
I just started wondering that now, because we know that Hurley tells his mom about everything that happened over the 108 days they were on the island. AND SHE BELIEVES HIM.

Oh, I have done that several times. I manage to stay halfway serious until I get to Des in the hatch, then all bets are off.

I don't see why Hurley's mom wouldn't believe him, though. She seems open enough for it.
kassandra
Stunt Double

Postby Lord Brad III on Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:04 pm

kassandra wrote:
Lord Brad III wrote:Oh, I have done that several times. I manage to stay halfway serious until I get to Des in the hatch, then all bets are off.

I don't see why Hurley's mom wouldn't believe him, though. She seems open enough for it.

Oh I know. And I'm actually glad that she does. But after hearing about that scene a few times from spoilers, I can't wait to see. It's just going to be hilarious. I'm guess he does it the way you described. Halfway through he'll be saying, "No, hush mama, just listen. Let me finish."
LOLOL
"We're good and lost now." Barbossa
"Lost?!" Elizabeth
"For certain, you have to be lost to find the places can't be found; elseways everyone would know where it was." Barbossa [Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End]

---------
'Are you completely doubtless that you are nameless?' He asked.‘Positively certain.’ 'Positively certain.'‘Would it be Mick Barry?’’ 'No.'‘Peter Dundy?’ 'No.' 'Scrutch?’ 'No.'‘Lord Brad?’ ’ 'Not him.' ... ~The Third Policeman - Flann O'Brien
Lord Brad III
Star Billing

Location: 423 Miles To The East Of Here...At Least I Think It's East...

Postby Freek on Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:54 pm

If you explain the show to someone else they'll think its pretty lame.

"Some people crash on an Island and they find out they're not alone. So there are other people abducting and shooting them, they find a station with magnetic stuff in the ground and they are harassed by a smoke monster. Then some of them get off and the Island disappears, and now they have to get back"
Freek
Supporting Actor

Postby kassandra on Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:08 pm

"That island seems to have strange powers - people who were injured or ill get healed, the dead start walking, people have visions and trippy dreams all the time, some time travel and some can make things happen at will. There is also some freaky, kind of cultish group, who apparently murdered an earlier group, who seemed hippyish, but was secretly probably just as freaky - and everything can presumably be explained with time travelling bunnies."

I don't know, I would be interested after that pitch!
kassandra
Stunt Double

Postby Badler on Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:06 am

Thanks for compiling this list!
Badler
Viewer

Postby steveuk2009 on Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:15 pm

zebrakiller wrote:I would just like to thank our source VANTOR for this awesome info.

I have been going absolutely CRAZY looking for Lost info.
For hours upon hours, I've tried to learn how to hack websites, or find weaknesses, or bypass logins in an attempt to get into ABC's Medianet so I can watch the first 2 episodes. However, I don't really understand any of the information I read. And I had to give up.

I am so grateful that there are a few people out there feeding us the info that we need.

Spoilers, to me, are only a piece of the puzzle. Like anything on Lost, there are a lot more layers than just plot points. The cinematography, the art direction, the acting, the dialogue, the score, the mystery, the context of everything... it all comes together and makes for such a ridiculously fulfilling experience. The reason I like spoilers is because it helps me get a head start on understanding how everything is going to fit together and play out. It also helps me stay busy thinking about Lost 24-7. Every little bit of information just gives us that much more insight into what is to come, and what may be. If you wait and get it all at once when the epsiode airs, sometimes it is simply too much to take in in one sitting. When you get the info piece by piece, it helps you analyze each piece, and thus, have a much better understanding of the show.
People like Dark get a bad rap. I know that D & C are generally not happy with spoilers and spoiler sites (which from a their POV, I understand). ABC certainly doesn't like it. But I am very thankful that despite that disapproval, Dark and everyone else continue to give us this information. No matter what your stance on spoilers is, the bottom line is that it's for the love of the show. And in the end, what matters is that we are all a part of the community that makes this the most talked about TV show ever.

I just wanted to let my appreciation be known. I visit this site about a thousand times a day.

I couldnt of put it better myself. Also it seems like Lost is going to get very confusing this year for some me included with the whole time travel thing instead of flashback/flashforwards. I am serisouly worried that its just going to become so confusing i dont understand it anymore. I agree spoilers are only a piece of the puzzle which help me have a better of an understanding as to whats going on so it gives me a little bit better of chance of still being able to watch the show and enjoy it.
steveuk2009
Stunt Double

PreviousNext

Return to Lost Spoilers