Postby Chaze9350 on Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:13 pm

5 days left until lost :)!!!! omg!!! :thumbsup:
Chaze9350
Viewer

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: Season 5 Spoiler Index

Postby faceplant on Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:03 pm

any word on if there's going to be a plot summary like we used to get before the premiere? outline of the whole episode?
Jack Shephard is a douche.
faceplant
Extra

Postby AcidTWister on Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:08 am

308 wrote:Also, I don't see how Faraday can be Hawking's kid. What's he doing living in Essex, Massachusetts, with a care-taker, if Hawking is his mother? I would think she would want him closer to her than that. That doesn't make sense to me.

Essex, Massachusetts could be a mental thing for him, seeing as Oxford University is in Essex, England. He had previously worked at Oxford, and Mrs. Hawking has been seen in photos of Oxford. (Season 3, episode 17, a photo on Brother Campbell's desk).

I don't see it as too far of a stretch. They work at a similar place (one that doesn't just pick up any pimple faced teenager that walks in the door, either), and she's about the right age to be the mother of a 20-30 something quantum physics professor. Besides that: she was obviously setting up Daniel's constant in Desmond's previous time-traveling experience. If he had never broken up with Penny, he never would have had to go through the trouble of re-connecting with Penny, and finding his constant would have been less obvious to him.
AcidTWister
Viewer

Postby kassandra on Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:12 am

AcidTWister wrote:and Mrs. Hawking has been seen in photos of Oxford. (Season 3, episode 17, a photo on Brother Campbell's desk).

That wasn't Oxford, it was the monastery. The production crew simply uses the same location for both settings, because it is one of the few buildings in Hawaii that looks vaguely "English."

This is not to distract from your theory in any way, but I wanted to point that out.

For something completely different: Dark, your Source didn't just happen to be at the TCA for Jughead, did they? :whistle:
kassandra
Stunt Double

Postby UNIQUE on Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:23 pm

Chaze9350 wrote:5 days left until lost :)!!!! omg!!! :thumbsup:

Only 4 now..LOLZ
HAPPY LOST DAY ALL ! ! ! ! ! !
UNIQUE
Guest Star

Postby UNIQUE on Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:52 pm

^^ :S :S :)
UNIQUE
Guest Star

Postby princeoflight09 on Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:53 pm

Perhaps Dark's source has been riding the FDW like a merry-go-round....
"My name is John KHAAAAAAAANNN Locke. I remember a lot of things. I remember dying." - Locke

"If a plane landed on the island, Radzinsky Szalinski would know." - Jin

"I already saved BenKHAAAAAAAANNNjamin Linus once. And I did it for you" - Jack
princeoflight09
Extra

Postby UNIQUE on Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:24 pm

wolf wrote:Just kidding. If we would have the ability to time travel, we wouldn't care about such little details. :)

LOL so true Wolf ! :thumbup:
UNIQUE
Guest Star

Postby Chaze9350 on Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:22 am

3 days left!!! :)
Chaze9350
Viewer

Postby AcidTWister on Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:20 am

kassandra wrote:
AcidTWister wrote:and Mrs. Hawking has been seen in photos of Oxford. (Season 3, episode 17, a photo on Brother Campbell's desk).

That wasn't Oxford, it was the monastery. The production crew simply uses the same location for both settings, because it is one of the few buildings in Hawaii that looks vaguely "English."

This is not to distract from your theory in any way, but I wanted to point that out.

I figure, as in-depth as this show and its fans are, and as aware as the creators are of their fans' attention-spans, you'd think they'd have used a different set of archways. The archway in the photo is the exact same archway that is shown on the approaching camera angle when Desmond meets Daniel at Oxford.

I mean, it's practically a motto of Lost that "Everything is done for a reason". Would they really shoot a scene in the exact same hallway that was used in a photo shoot for a photo that was made only for those that really pay attention, and then say that it's not the same hallway?

Oxford or monastery, though, it's still connected to Daniel in one way or another. His constant went there if it's the monastery.
AcidTWister
Viewer

Postby kassandra on Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:06 am

AcidTWister wrote:
I figure, as in-depth as this show and its fans are, and as aware as the creators are of their fans' attention-spans, you'd think they'd have used a different set of archways. The archway in the photo is the exact same archway that is shown on the approaching camera angle when Desmond meets Daniel at Oxford.

I mean, it's practically a motto of Lost that "Everything is done for a reason". Would they really shoot a scene in the exact same hallway that was used in a photo shoot for a photo that was made only for those that really pay attention, and then say that it's not the same hallway?

Yes, since it is their only location that resembles both Oxford and a Scottish monastery (and a random English church, since it was also in one of Charlie's flashbacks), at least from their point of view.

The point of the photo is that Ms. Hawking knows Brother Campbell, and is thus more connected to Desmond than it previously appeared. I doubt they knew at that point that they would give her a son who was a physicist at Oxford, and would meet Desmond there in some sort of time-bending adventure.
kassandra
Stunt Double

Postby lostfan109 on Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:00 pm

This season is going to be SO awesome! I mean, look at it:

We know 5.01 and 5.02 will rock, because of the Trailers/Sneak Peaks and Spoilers. We know 5.03 will be great as well because it will be a very mythology-based episode with Widmore!!! We read that script sheet from 5.04 and it was amazing, especially on island time-travelling-stuff! If 5.05 really is Roussues (dont know how to spell) backstory, it will rock 120%! And then comes 5.06 The Life and Death of Jeremy Bentham and will "blow the roof of the joint" as we know, which it better does, because its Locke-centric!!! From there on it is not far to the DHARMA-Episodes Namaste and Hes Our You, both with Radzinsky and both very important to the mythology! And from there on there are only a few episodes left till the FINALE, omg!! i cant wait for all this!

maybe in like 5 years we look back and will say:

"Well Season 6 was the showdown. But nothing can ever beat the time-travelling, mystery-revealing, butt-kicking awesomeness of SEASON 5! It was the best..."

Hey Dark, why dont you give us full episode synopnis this year? We know you have it! Please!!!
To remember - and to let go.
lostfan109
Supporting Actor

Postby steveuk2009 on Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:22 pm

lostfan109 wrote:This season is going to be SO awesome! I mean, look at it:

We know 5.01 and 5.02 will rock, because of the Trailers/Sneak Peaks and Spoilers. We know 5.03 will be great as well because it will be a very mythology-based episode with Widmore!!! We read that script sheet from 5.04 and it was amazing, especially on island time-travelling-stuff! If 5.05 really is Roussues (dont know how to spell) backstory, it will rock 120%! And then comes 5.06 The Life and Death of Jeremy Bentham and will "blow the roof of the joint" as we know, which it better does, because its Locke-centric!!! From there on it is not far to the DHARMA-Episodes Namaste and Hes Our You, both with Radzinsky and both very important to the mythology! And from there on there are only a few episodes left till the FINALE, omg!! i cant wait for all this!

maybe in like 5 years we look back and will say:

"Well Season 6 was the showdown. But nothing can ever beat the time-travelling, mystery-revealing, butt-kicking awesomeness of SEASON 5! It was the best..."

Hey Dark, why dont you give us full episode synopnis this year? We know you have it! Please!!!

where is the script sheet for 5.04 as i havent read it
steveuk2009
Stunt Double

Postby Lord Brad III on Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:43 am

I know I read a spoiler about Richard Alpert trying to determine what year it was when they time travelled on the island. He does this by using the square-ish rock formation, looking at it/through it with reference to something else.

Well, what if what he is looking for is how far out the shore of the island extends; because my thinking is that, seeing as it is a volcanic island, a (fairly distant) eruption or magma flow kind of extends the beaches and shores...

...Also, Daniel said he needed to see a man-made landmark in one of the promos, and we are all assuming it is the Swan hatch. It very well could be. PLUS he said (and maybe literally MEANT) "We have no time." As in, they have no idea "when" they are. so this made me think: Okay, so the 4-toed statue COULD be an indicator of where the island is in time, by determining how much of it has been "completed" or "destroyed." Likewise, the presence of the Black Rock (or absence of it, depending) is also a sort of "landmark of WHEN" and not where. Maybe past inhabitants built/destroyed certain things because the island has been instuck in time before (the incident??) and they needed constants if they ever returned to their "own" time, or they would all "get confused nosebleeds" and die.

I'm sure there might be others. Do you any of you follow me? Am I making sense? LOL.
"We're good and lost now." Barbossa
"Lost?!" Elizabeth
"For certain, you have to be lost to find the places can't be found; elseways everyone would know where it was." Barbossa [Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End]

---------
'Are you completely doubtless that you are nameless?' He asked.‘Positively certain.’ 'Positively certain.'‘Would it be Mick Barry?’’ 'No.'‘Peter Dundy?’ 'No.' 'Scrutch?’ 'No.'‘Lord Brad?’ ’ 'Not him.' ... ~The Third Policeman - Flann O'Brien
Lord Brad III
Star Billing

Location: 423 Miles To The East Of Here...At Least I Think It's East...

Postby UNIQUE on Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:16 pm

Lord Brad III wrote:I know I read a spoiler about Richard Alpert trying to determine what year it was when they time travelled on the island. He does this by using the square-ish rock formation, looking at it/through it with reference to something else.

Do you have a link to this spoiler regarding Richard or source..? ;)
UNIQUE
Guest Star

PreviousNext

Return to Lost Spoilers