Ben's Secret Door Explanation...

Spoiler discussion for 'LOST'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Re: Ben's Secret Door Explanation...

Postby T.L.A. on Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:01 pm

Kid_A wrote:Maybe Horace had a secret deal with Jacob, after Dharma moved onto the island. Jacob never liked the technology and electricity, and Horace promised to build a cabin for him so that nobody could disturb Jacob with his fobbies.

OR, Horace had a dream, like Ben and Locke did, and saw that he needed to build a cabin, but didn't know the reason of it.

Yes. Maybe Horace was sympathetic to the Hostile's cause, which is why even after death he appeared to Locke to guide him on his way. An encounter with the island may have turned Goodspeed into a man of faith among the scientists.

It's also somewhat convenient that he had the plans and map to the cabin in his pocket when he died.

Had he just completed building it? Or did he ensure the map was on his person because he knew someone would need it 12 years later..
John Locke: 2004~2009
T.L.A.
Former Staff Member

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby Theodore on Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:02 pm

T.L.A. wrote:
Kid_A wrote:Maybe Horace had a secret deal with Jacob, after Dharma moved onto the island. Jacob never liked the technology and electricity, and Horace promised to build a cabin for him so that nobody could disturb Jacob with his fobbies.

OR, Horace had a dream, like Ben and Locke did, and saw that he needed to build a cabin, but didn't know the reason of it.

Yes. Maybe Horace was sympathetic to the Hostile's cause, which is why even after death he appeared to Locke to guide him on his way. An encounter with the island may have turned Goodspeed into a man of faith among the scientists.

It's also somewhat convenient that he had the plans and map to the cabin in his pocket when he died.

Had he just completed building it? Or did he ensure the map was on his person because he knew someone would need it 12 years later..

I think the latter.
Favorite Episodes by Season: 1) Pilot, Walkabout, White Rabbit, Numbers, Exodus. 2) Adrift, The Other 48 Days, The Hunting Party, Lockdown, Live Together Die Alone. 3)Flashes Before Your Eyes, Enter 77, The Brig, The Man Behind The Curtain, Through The Looking Glass. 4) Confirmed Dead, The Constant, The Shape of Things to Come, Cabin Fever, There's No Place Like Home 5)This Place Is Death, 316, The Life and Death of Jeremy Bentham, The Variable, The Incident
Theodore
Extra

Postby Whiskerman on Sun Oct 19, 2008 6:11 am

Looks like Horace had a little anti-aging action going on as well. He was likely in his late 20's early 30's when Ben was born, and Ben was well past 20 when the purge occurred.

Maybe Horace was a sacrifice that the island demanded.

Of course, since it's Horace's cabin and Jacob's cabin, I've sometimes wondered if Horace became Jacob when he died.
Whiskerman
Stunt Double

Postby julietislost55 on Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:01 pm

I hadn't given any thought to the notion that Jacob and Horace are related somehow...

Not sure what I think of that.
I did presume that when we saw the vision Locke had of Horace and the cabin building- that he was simply building a getaway for himself and his wife...HOWEVER, it appears that the cabin became significant at some point, and again, we presume that Jacob's spirit/entity is somehow "trapped" there, by the circle of ash [therefore he says "help me" to Locke...]

I really, really hope that we see the years between Ben meeting Richard and the purge, since there is so much speculation...and so much happened within this time:
-Ben learns the island secrets
-The others learn about Dharma
-Annie's fate
-Danielle's science team arrives
-Danielle gives birth to Alex
-Alex's kidnapping

Lost: Having lost your bearings; confused as to time or place or personal identity
julietislost55
Former Staff Member

Postby Kid_A on Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:52 pm

You are actually talking about the history of Dharma (not how it is created, but its time on the island) julietislost55, add this to the "Questions that you want to be answered in season 5" topic, because this is probably a topic that will be examined in the upcoming season.
Kid_A
Supporting Actor

Previous

Return to Lost Spoilers